ADVERTISEMENT

Could Wells 4 point play

Don’t forget that Pollard dunk to beat UCLA at the last second in early 80’s. I forgot what year that was but a buddy and I went to the game and the only thing we could say on the way home was “What a game!” Good times!!

Sorry Glad Cougar. Didn’t realize you posted about the Pollard dunk.

Reactions: WillieThePimp
Go down in Cougar history as one of the best all time plays. Right up there with Bledsoe to Bobo

It is always a fools errand to proclaim something "best of all time" right after it happens. It was an important play in an important game and it may prove to be a "one of the best all time" plays but recency bias creates blind spots. The next couple weeks will determine if it's warranted. If we win out and are the #1 seed in the Pac-12 tournament...that play takes on higher meaning.

For me, my all time favorite last minute basketball play is the Rochestie game winner against ASU on senior night. As good as the Wells three was, the emotion, drama and mayhem of the moment was incredible. The Wells play may prove important, but only time will truly tell. That Rochestie moment still gets me every time though. It's moments like those that people go to games in person.

Sorry but when you beat #5 for the second time in a season, on the road, it’s a big deal.

When has that ever happened before in Cougar history?

Each game gets bigger from here.

Reactions: M-I-Coug
Sorry but when you beat #5 for the second time in a season, on the road, it’s a big deal.

When has that ever happened before in Cougar history?

Each game gets bigger from here.
Not only that, but NOBODY wins at McKale Center. And to beat Arizona 3 in a row, (last year at McKale), it's unheard of. Pretty sensational.

Last edited:
Reactions: kougkurt
For me:
#1 Pollard - Beating UCLA was different in those days.

Wells down the stretch was special. Last 5 minutes he made the NBA extended 3, the fall away 2, 4 point play, and 2 free throws to puts us up 3. He had 11 of our last 13 points.

Last edited:
For me Rochestie was #1 because he just refused to lose. Watch this, step back in your face 3. Pollard was #2 because it just happened. Wells was a great play but did not have the same electricity simply because it was not on the home court.

Not only that, but NOBODY wins at McKale Center. And to beat Arizona 3 in a row, (last year at McKale), it's un heard of. Pretty sensational.
Counting last season and this season, WSU is 2-0 in the McKale Center. All other teams are 1-45.

Yes, what they have done is pretty sensational.

Reactions: M-I-Coug
For me Rochestie was #1 because he just refused to lose. Watch this, step back in your face 3. Pollard was #2 because it just happened. Wells was a great play but did not have the same electricity simply because it was not on the home court.
The Rochestie winner is my #2. Senior day and a great moment for Rochestie and the rest of the first cycle of Bennett recruits.

Hard to go wrong with any of the 3.

Reactions: UberCougars
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT