ADVERTISEMENT

Curtis Allen joins Ernie Kent's staff

britton ransford

Hall Of Fame
Oct 23, 2012
PULLMAN, Wash. | Curtis Allen has been retained and will join first-year Washington State University Men's Basketball Head Coach Ernie Kent's staff as an assistant coach, Kent announced Thursday.

"I feel like it's important to have someone on staff who knows the players, the academic and campus communities and the recent history of the program, and Curtis Allen provides that," Kent said. "I feel like with the experienced coaches I've brought to the staff in Silvey Dominguez and Greg Graham, along with Curtis, we have the opportunity to be very successful here."

Allen will enter his sixth season on staff at WSU after coming to Pullman with former head coach Ken Bone prior to the 2009-10 season. A Tacoma, Wash., native, Allen joined Bone's staff at Portland State in 2005, where he served as an assistant coach.

"I'm really excited to join Coach Kent's staff," Allen said. "He's been successful at the highest level and his style of play is very exciting. I look forward to representing Coach Kent and to continue to represent Washington State University, while helping the young men in this program grow as both players and people."

In Allen's four seasons at PSU, the Vikings posted a 77-49 record, including the two best seasons in school history. In 2007-08, the Vikings won a school-record 23 games and earned PSU its first berth in the NCAA Division I Tournament. The following season, the Vikings matched the 23 wins and made a second-straight tournament appearance.

Allen, who played basketball at Washington from 2000-04, spent one year as an assistant varsity coach at University Prep in Seattle. He also coached at Ballard High School during the summer of 2005, participated in UW and Seattle Pacific Basketball camps and operated his own camp at the Ballard Boys and Girls Clubs.

Via WSU Athletics Communications

Good for Allen. This was the most likely scenario with he and Kent visiting Isabel together. However, nothing is ever written in stone until it happens. He probably went from Coach Bones number one assistant to Coach Kent's number three assistant. But, this should be a great learning experience for him. This is one husky I will root for to be successful, especially while he is at WSU.

Originally posted by Coug1990:
Good for Allen. This was the most likely scenario with he and Kent visiting Isabel together. However, nothing is ever written in stone until it happens. He probably went from Coach Bones number one assistant to Coach Kent's number three assistant. But, this should be a great learning experience for him. This is one husky I will root for to be successful, especially while he is at WSU.
Totally agree, 1990. Curtis has shed his dawg hair and grown Cougar fur instead. Being much younger than Kent and the other assistants, it's possible he could be the guy to be groomed to take over someday. I'm happy for Curtis and think this was the right move.

Glad Cougar

Well he will be on the road during most of the season. He will be the person who is the designated recruiter on the staff. It takes a young person to be a good recruiter.

Package deal here? Hire Allen and Isabell comes too? No Allen and ......................

Originally posted by wulffbone:
Package deal here? Hire Allen and Isabell comes too? No Allen and ......................
He needs Allen for Seattle, he needs Allen to mentor these kids as well. I'm sure that Isabell had a lot to do with it, but Ike, Que and Isabell all were recruited by Allen. He'll be nice for them to have as they get use to Ernie Kent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT