ADVERTISEMENT

D-line numbers

YakiCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
I see some noteworthy gains in size overall for the upcoming season. Ahmir Crowder has gone from 255 to 280. Brennan Jackson is now 6-5, 260, up from 235. Christian Mejia is 260, up from 245.
Lamonte McDougle has dropped 5 to 295. Two others are unchanged: Dallas Hobbs is still 285 and Will Rodgers III remains at 250. Jesus Echevarria is down to 290, which likely means he's continuing to improve his conditioning. No longer on the roster are Derek Moore and Preston Hendry.
The same can be said for redshirt frosh OLM Blake McDonald and Syr Riley, who are down to 305 and 320, respectively. Both were 330 plus when they arrived (Riley actually was 360 plus). In watching them in early practices last August, I immediately saw a redshirt year. The conditioning program is doing wonders - again. Cade Beresford has bulked up to 295 (from 275), which means he'll likely be ready for battle this season.

Reactions: taf88
The conditioning program for the Oline is simply phenomenal. How many guys have come in weighting between 250-260 only to get up to 290-300 after a redshirt without adding a ton of bad weight.

Any idea where Jesus Echevarria is with recovery from his injury? It will be interesting to see how Crowder does with the additional weight although he looked bigger than 255 in fall camp to me.

Jarrett Kingston (OL) is up to 295 as well.

Reactions: YakiCoug
Any idea where Jesus Echevarria is with recovery from his injury? It will be interesting to see how Crowder does with the additional weight although he looked bigger than 255 in fall camp to me.

Jarrett Kingston (OL) is up to 295 as well.

I forgot to mention Kingston, who was just 266 last fall.

I like the way things are looking for the d line. We are headed in the correct direction

I like the way things are looking for the d line. We are headed in the correct direction

DT/NG is certainly a need going forward, but we're good for this season. Team speed has finally gotten where we need to be. A bit undersized here and there, but the defense can run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT