ADVERTISEMENT

I watched most of today's practice...

I'm pumped about the new outside receivers and optimistic about the new offensive linemen. As a group I think each will be as important to future success as Cooper or Borghi

Reactions: PeteTheChop
I'm pumped about the new outside receivers

Rodrick Jackson-Fisher = speed + size.

Perfect fit for CML's Air Raid.

Also interested to hear how Connor Neville does in preseason practice and how much progress he's made since Fall 2017/Spring 2018.

Then there's Taylor Comfort, who could be the most inspiration player on this year's team.

Not a jinx....but a successful thread with 40 plus posts and 20 plus participants with no nastiness...
tenor.gif

Rodrick Jackson-Fisher = speed + size.

Perfect fit for CML's Air Raid.

Also interested to hear how Connor Neville does in preseason practice and how much progress he's made since Fall 2017/Spring 2018.

Then there's Taylor Comfort, who could be the most inspiration player on this year's team.
Is Connor Neville any better than #5 QB on the depth chart? Not a knock on the kid (I root for all Cougs!) but I'm actually more optimistic about John Bledsoe's long term value to the program. His intelligence and leadership qualities are reportedly very high. If only he had dad's arm!!

Glad Cougar

I am excited about 3 things. They are a new QB,a competent O Line Coach, and a competent ST s coach.Thus may be a very good season. However the Wyoming game may be a stumbling block right out of the gate.

Is Connor Neville any better than #5 QB on the depth chart?

Glad Cougar

It takes some players longer "for the light to come on" upon moving from high school to college.

Neville was a 4-star in high school and hands down one of the best signal callers on the West Coast back in 2016.

Looking forward to seeing if he can move up a notch or two in the QB derby this fall.

It takes some players longer "for the light to come on" upon moving from high school to college.

Neville was a 4-star in high school and hands down one of the best signal callers on the West Coast back in 2016.

Looking forward to seeing if he can move up a notch or two in the QB derby this fall.
Like I said, I root for all Cougs. But I was never convinced Connor was more than a 3-star based on what I saw. I lived in Wilsonville while he was in HS and saw a player who had very good physical skills but lacked the leadership qualities, including maturity, necessary to play significantly in the Pac-12. Now if he has grown up and worked hard, absolutely he can rise on the depth chart. Personally, I thought Bledsoe was a better HS QB...and he was first team 5A all-state QB while Neville was second team. It would be nice if both make a lot of progress, but you have to think that Tinsley, Gordon, and Cooper will be the top 3 QBs next year with Cruz also coming in as a true frosh. Playing time might be an issue for both Neville & Bledsoe but you never know.

Glad Cougar

Like I said, I root for all Cougs. But I was never convinced Connor was more than a 3-star based on what I saw. I lived in Wilsonville while he was in HS and saw a player who had very good physical skills but lacked the leadership qualities, including maturity, necessary to play significantly in the Pac-12. Now if he has grown up and worked hard, absolutely he can rise on the depth chart. Personally, I thought Bledsoe was a better HS QB...and he was first team 5A all-state QB while Neville was second team. It would be nice if both make a lot of progress, but you have to think that Tinsley, Gordon, and Cooper will be the top 3 QBs next year with Cruz also coming in as a true frosh. Playing time might be an issue for both Neville & Bledsoe but you never know.

Glad Cougar

Thanks Glad.

You certainly know a lot more about Neville than I ever could, so I defer to you on this one.

The guys at Scout.com had CN as a 4-star during his senior year at WHS, so I think a lot of people at Brand X were excited.

It's a credit to CML's recruiting that a kid so highly recruited faces an uphill climb to earn playing time.

Sign of a good program.

Which new players are you most excited about?

Easop Winston coming off a redshirt year....kid has come on strong in the spring. Acrobatic, mad athleticism. Most anticipated addition for me. Mainly due to the kids that left prematurely.

Gardner Minshew. Natural leader obviously has a shot to be the day 1 starter. Will get plenty of playing time regardless.

Cammon Cooper I want to see our future starter play. Hoping we can get him into his 4 games while he redshirts.

Max Borghi Will play a lot. Speed and hits like a brick.

Pono Lolohea Hoping Lolohea can come in and solidify the defensive line. His success may have the most impact on this team....more than any of the other new comers outside of maybe Minshew.

Calvin Jackson Any one that watched last chance U wants to see this guy in Crimson. NFL blood lines.

Drue Jackson 4 Star stud out of Texas..... only question, will he redshirt?

Reactions: Cougatron
Easop Winston coming off a redshirt year....kid has come on strong in the spring. Acrobatic, mad athleticism. Most anticipated addition for me. Mainly due to the kids that left prematurely.

Gardner Minshew. Natural leader obviously has a shot to be the day 1 starter. Will get plenty of playing time regardless.

Cammon Cooper I want to see our future starter play. Hoping we can get him into his 4 games while he redshirts.

Max Borghi Will play a lot. Speed and hits like a brick.

Pono Lolohea Hoping Lolohea can come in and solidify the defensive line. His success may have the most impact on this team....more than any of the other new comers outside of maybe Minshew.

Calvin Jackson Any one that watched last chance U wants to see this guy in Crimson. NFL blood lines.

Drue Jackson 4 Star stud out of Texas..... only question, will he redshirt?

Ron Stone Jr., a rush linebacker, is the son of former Boston College O-lineman Ron Stone, who played 13 years in the NFL.
As for Jackson, I just don't see him redshirting. You guys are going to love him. Very explosive. This WR unit should be a significant upgrade from a year ago. Easop Winston and Calvin Jackson appear ready to contribute.

Reactions: Cougatron
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT