ADVERTISEMENT

DeShaun Foster???

cr8zyncalif

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
Easy hire for an AD that plans on jumping ship soon. Promote the reasonably credible assistant with a lot of staff experience. Likely to keep some of the existing assistants. Not a bad guy. Not a home run hire. The least amount of work for Jarmond. What could possibly go wrong?

Good hire. Likely cheap. If he can recruit and hire and manage staff he has a chance.

He is a company man. Easily controlled. Won’t rock the boat. Can pay him less than someone better.

The hire looks familiar…

Players like him, so it will hopefully minimize the number of players that will hit the portal if they wish to do so.

This hire will be a flame out.
But that will be after the B1G TV money is rolling in. Kinda makes sense for "continuity."

I didn't know Foster was coaching. He is/was a SoCal high school legend at Tustin High. My mom taught in the district while he was there. I want to say 4,000 yards his senior year.

But that will be after the B1G TV money is rolling in. Kinda makes sense for "continuity."

I didn't know Foster was coaching. He is/was a SoCal high school legend at Tustin High. My mom taught in the district while he was there. I want to say 4,000 yards his senior year.
Gib, you are correct (re: TV money) from the standpoint that as a "bridge" sort of hire he makes sense. UCLA's athletic dept is financially strained, so to pick up someone on the cheap that is likable and a sentimental favorite is an easy choice for a guy with no guts (Jarmond) who prefers to live in SC's shadow until he gets a B10 midwest job. If Foster happens to succeed, you look good. If he fails, you will hopefully have more money to throw around for the next hiring mistake.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT