ADVERTISEMENT

Dickert accepts MSU job

Well, if that's true, I want to be the first on record to state you can't spell Dickert with out Dick.

And that would be a dick move.

But since it's unconfirmed, I'll just have to be quick on the trigger if it does happen.

Same people who think DeBour could/should leave UW for MSU. As much as I would love that, pulleaze.

Fan is short for fanatic. I love that other schools and their fans like Dickert. I also think he’s getting a raise and staying put.

Reactions: mikalalas
I seriously doubt that he has accepted the job. However, the longer he stays silent on all the speculation then the more likely it seems as though he is in talks with them. If he's not even considering the job he should come out right now and squash all the rumors.

I seriously doubt that he has accepted the job. However, the longer he stays silent on all the speculation then the more likely it seems as though he is in talks with them. If he's not even considering the job he should come out right now and squash all the rumors.
No point in talking about it. Some rumors aren't worth addressing.

What a distraction to everyone and the players, especially when we play UCLA in 5 days.

Well, if that's true, I want to be the first on record to state you can't spell Dickert with out Dick.

And that would be a dick move.

But since it's unconfirmed, I'll just have to be quick on the trigger if it does happen.

Remember how much money MSU threw at Tucker? It was ridiculous and stupid.

Would be tough to turn away a huge guaranteed compensation package if indeed they've offered him that.

What a slap to the face that would be to WSU and Chun (who took the risk of hiring Dickert).

Anyway, it is still speculation at this point. I'm not convinced MSU is going hard after Dickert.

I wouldn’t be surprised if MSU’s main focus were on the Duke’s and Kansas State’s head coaches. Dickert is doing well and I can see him heading to the mid-west eventually but he needs more seasoning as a head coach before that happens.

Just saw him answer a direct question about MSU. He hasn't been contacted (does this mean perhaps his agent was though?).

Dickert's presser is released, and he said "I've not talked with any University out there". I cued it up where the question was addressed by Greg Woods, (Spokesman Review):

Chugspig:
Since Dickert hasn't announced that he's accepted the job....any chance you could edit the title of this thread?

Last edited:
Michigan State would be wise to find a midwest guy that is a family man. Not surprised Dickert is rumored for the job. Wouldn't be surprised if he left.

Honestly, I don't know that I believe Dickert will be high on their list of candidates. His HC track record is pretty short, he's got a pretty small coaching tree and limited recruiting connections, and the connections he has are not in MSU's region.

I suppose in the NIL era, recruiting connections are less meaningful as long as you have a checkbook. You still have to get in the door though.

If the money is right, he will walk…….we all would.
MSU is a flaming pile right now, and success is not going to be instant. If it were me, the money would have to be Harbaugh/Saban level, and all guaranteed.

Honestly, I don't know that I believe Dickert will be high on their list of candidates. His HC track record is pretty short, he's got a pretty small coaching tree and limited recruiting connections, and the connections he has are not in MSU's region.

I suppose in the NIL era, recruiting connections are less meaningful as long as you have a checkbook. You still have to get in the door though.
At the end of the season it will be 30+ games as a head coach. Plenty of games, and wins, on the resume to justify him as your pick. Plus, with his relative youth, think of the decades of glorious wins he can give you. Youthful energy, if he can recruit to Pullman he can recruit gloriously in East Lansing, blah, blah, blah.

Reactions: Coug90
Dickert's presser is released, and he said he's had "I've not talked with any University out there". I cued it up where the question was addressed by Greg Woods, (Spokesman Review):

Chugspig:
Since Dickert hasn't announce that he's accepted the job....any chance you could edit the title of this thread?

He is so good.

Dickert's presser is released, and he said he's had "I've not talked with any University out there". I cued it up where the question was addressed by Greg Woods, (Spokesman Review):

Chugspig:
Since Dickert hasn't announce that he's accepted the job....any chance you could edit the title of this thread?

That’s what agents are for.

So he’s being literally truthful. He has not spoken (directly) with any university out there

Color me jaded, at best.

That’s what agents are for.

So he’s being literally truthful. He has not spoken (directly) with any university out there

Color me jaded, at best.
Shrug.

Would you rather have a coach that's connected to other jobs, or a coach that is not?

Recruiting connections don’t mean shit now. Money talks. Didn’t MSU take Dickert’s qb verbal recently? Or was that someone else?

I think everyone here has been a WSU fan for a long time ... what about this is surprising at all? Any top-35 type of job (or even worse sometimes) opens up and we have a coach doing well, especially if there is some kind of geographical hook or connection, and there will be speculation about him leaving. Even extending him for $3.5 million a year -- not happening, by the way -- wouldn't stop a program with resources. Anything less than a Jimbo- or, ahem, Tucker-level buyout and they don't care. Even if WSU gets some kind of rebuilt Pac with a decent media deal, or gets in the Big 12, it won't stop this. If neither of those two things happens, then this kind of thing will be even more pronounced and occur on a more accelerated timeline.

Reactions: CougSinceBirth
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT