ADVERTISEMENT

Did Stanford just play the ultimate rich kid card, and still got rejected?

Cougsocal

Hall Of Fame
Sep 5, 2010
I'm not certain if the story is true that Stanford actually offered to play in the ACC for free. The Oliver Luck representing all members of the Pac-4 story isn't true, as this recent ACC play by Stanford confirms. But, apparently, you can act too desperate and you can flash too much cash around. While I don't harbor a grudge, as I wish we had that type of money, but it smacks of a rich kid not knowing its audience. While the ACC does have some of the top public schools in the country, and Duke, they also have some pretty blue collar schools too. And did I mention that this is a conference primarily based in the South and Southerners "don't take kindly" to Yankees coming in and throwing their wealth around. Isn't this the same Stanford, which recently let the Big 12 know, that they were beneath them, only to be found groveling and rejected at the feet of the ACC.

The current relignment situation has brought out the worst in everyone, but maybe, just maybe, there is a limit too what money can buy after all!

I'm not certain if the story is true that Stanford actually offered to play in the ACC for free. The Oliver Luck representing all members of the Pac-4 story isn't true, as this recent ACC play by Stanford confirms. But, apparently, you can act too desperate and you can flash too much cash around. While I don't harbor a grudge, as I wish we had that type of money, but it smacks of a rich kid not knowing its audience. While the ACC does have some of the top public schools in the country, and Duke, they also have some pretty blue collar schools too. And did I mention that this is a conference primarily based in the South and Southerners "don't take kindly" to Yankees coming in and throwing their wealth around. Isn't this the same Stanford, which recently let the Big 12 know, that they were beneath them, only to be found groveling and rejected at the feet of the ACC.

The current relignment situation has brought out the worst in everyone, but maybe, just maybe, there is a limit too what money can buy after all!
Do they still lack votes for admission? This smacks of academic snobbery from stanford

I think the 2 primary reasons they are being rejected is why would an ACC want to fly all the way across the country to play Stanford??

The schools that aspire for the SEC and BIG are looking at this as a leverage situation to alter the locked in media rights deal the acc has.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT