ADVERTISEMENT

Difference in class rankings

cr8zyncalif

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
39 on Scout; 50 on Rivals. Goes to show that rating kids is an art, not a science. I'm not in a position to say which is closer to right…none of us really knows without at least 2 years to judge. I was happy to have so many kids available for spring ball; that half dozen has the potential to have at least 1 and maybe 2 guys who see a lot of time, and one or two more who end up as 2's for this season.

Over all, a class that meets our needs well everywhere but on the interior D line. Some of the kids might possibly develop into a DT, but that is no sure thing with any of today's group.

Given our success at WR recruiting this year, I'll be surprised if we don't pick up a D back out of the WR ranks by the end of this fall.

I hope that Powell can get his grades in order and qualify on the SAT. That would finish out the class rather well.

The use different criteria, and overall I think Scout is a bit closer. Rivals has several guys at 2 star that all other services have at 3, and some like Dubots they have listed as their HS position, not what they committed as. I don't know how you look at Travell Harris film and make him anything but a 3 star...so perhaps the evaluations are not as complete. ESPN is getting better at having more kids evaluated, but it seems Scout has more guys out there still. Also some weigh JC guys differently than HS guys, etc. Either way though, I like the class overall and think we are building real depth all over the team.

39 on Scout; 50 on Rivals. Goes to show that rating kids is an art, not a science. I'm not in a position to say which is closer to right…none of us really knows without at least 2 years to judge. I was happy to have so many kids available for spring ball; that half dozen has the potential to have at least 1 and maybe 2 guys who see a lot of time, and one or two more who end up as 2's for this season.

Over all, a class that meets our needs well everywhere but on the interior D line. Some of the kids might possibly develop into a DT, but that is no sure thing with any of today's group.

Given our success at WR recruiting this year, I'll be surprised if we don't pick up a D back out of the WR ranks by the end of this fall.

I hope that Powell can get his grades in order and qualify on the SAT. That would finish out the class rather well.
I think that someone needs to develop an algorithm that takes system & coach into account. Right now all ranking systems are rankings based on high school performance and promise....NOT on anything tailored to a specific system. It would be interesting to see such rankings when compared to both a school's particular need AND to their O and D system....so a kid who averages out as the #33 best WR in the country (averaging out 4 different recruiting services) might actually be a top FIVE guy for a system that REALLY needs demonstrated ability to catch balls over the middle, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT