ADVERTISEMENT

DJ Rodman’s sister Trinity

Was just ranked the number one high school recruit in the country and she’s a Coug. Women’s soccer might just turned the corner for a solid program to a contender.
Very nice. Building a strong program.

Was just ranked the number one high school recruit in the country and she’s a Coug. Women’s soccer might just turned the corner for a solid program to a contender.
I thought they were a contender when they made the final 4

Trinity had been committed to long-standing national power UCLA before switching to WSU and signing her LOI with us.

She recently (couple of months ago) was a standout, as one of the younger players, on the US U-20 Women’s National Team. She helped to lead them to the championship of our region (CONCACAF) and a berth at the U-20 Women’s World Cup. God only knows when that will now be played?

I read some commentary that called her the MVP of the U-20 National team’s WC qualifying tourney. She wasn’t the leading scorer, though she scored a number of goals (I’m thinking six, or more?) in the tourney. But she also assisted on a number of other goals and was said to have tracked back very well on defense.

I really liked that commentary. Mainly because it showed she was a true team player.

Too often “Star” players don’t fit into a team framework very well. Of course she was on a team of all stars with the U-20’s. So it’s a bit easier to fit in as a part of the team than to be over-relied on as the big star, in that setting.

But, coming in as a frosh, even a superstar talent frosh, she will have to earn her way at WSU. If she is the all around team player she appears to be, that will be a smoother transition. And the better she fits, the better the team will be overall.

Didn't have overall rankings for football when Rypien was recruited. Lindgren would of been a no.1 recruit without a doubt.
Drew Bledsoe was very highly ranked. I think he was the #1 QB, but not positive about that. Even at #1 QB he probably wasn't #1 overall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT