ADVERTISEMENT

Does Houston come calling again, and does the fact we have

CougEd

Hall Of Fame
Dec 22, 2002
a new President who seems to want to wrestle a little control away from Leach change the dynamic? Does the police department and the treatment of the Poly players change anything?

a new President who seems to want to wrestle a little control away from Leach change the dynamic? Does the police department and the treatment of the Poly players change anything?

I think the entire situation with Barber has been overblown in importance and I don't believe it will be an issue. I don't believe that Leach would give Houston a serious look regardless. It doesn't look like the Big 12 is going to come calling and one bad game means that you get stuck in the Armed Forces bowl against a lower tier Big 12 team.

I think the entire situation with Barber has been overblown in importance and I don't believe it will be an issue. I don't believe that Leach would give Houston a serious look regardless. It doesn't look like the Big 12 is going to come calling and one bad game means that you get stuck in the Armed Forces bowl against a lower tier Big 12 team.
P5 is still a big chip. Houston doesn't have it and is a stepping stone school. I don't see any Texas program being appealing to Leach.

At this point with the success Leach has had at WSU it would take a unique spot for him to leave. Why would he want another rebuild? Where would he find a good fit? Even with the change from Floyd to Schulz where is he going to find such a limited 'chain of command' at another P5 program?

Did Houston ever call before?

And Sonny Jim seems like a guy looking for a new job to me.

Did Houston ever call before?

And Sonny Jim seems like a guy looking for a new job to me.

Houston is a state school. There's no way in hell Leach considers working for a state university in Texas until hell has frozen over and re-thaws.
So, I don't know where this "Houston comes calling again" craxp comes from, like there was any serious discussion previously with Leach?

Reactions: 425cougfan
Houston is a state school. There's no way in hell Leach considers working for a state university in Texas until hell has frozen over and re-thaws.
So, I don't know where this "Houston comes calling again" craxp comes from, like there was any serious discussion previously with Leach?

No, there wasn't. Some columnist threw out Leach's name in a "short list" of candidates.

The Cougs just lost a game. Ed , the Pisser and Moaner in Chief, never shows up otherwise.

sorry ED, leach isn't leaving, and even if he did your icon the turd isn't returning

Thanks for posting this so I didn't have to. Come on, Ed.

THREAD WINNER. BINGO. ON THE SPOT. NAILED IT. FINITO

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT