ADVERTISEMENT

Ducks choked

Go Pac...
They stuck themselves in the foot the first half. They could have, should have, put the game away early. Instead, mistakes cost them. You let a team stay in the game, they often find a way to win. I started watching the Cougar game, so I didn't watch much of the second half. But, they got outscored 21-7. The new Ducks are the same as the old Ducks.

Seriously. Auburn has a heap of talent but they were going against a true freshman quarterback playing in his first game. Come on man, that's not a game a conference favorite loses.

It was a good showing by the Pac and the better team didn't win. Feels good to see Duck fans miserable though.

They stuck themselves in the foot the first half. They could have, should have, put the game away early. Instead, mistakes cost them. You let a team stay in the game, they often find a way to win. I started watching the Cougar game, so I didn't watch much of the second half. But, they got outscored 21-7. The new Ducks are the same as the old Ducks.
Both teams had opportunities to score more in that first half and both made plenty of mistakes. I would've expected the freshman QB Nix to struggle, which he did, but he was the one who made the big time plays, not the Sports Illustrated cover boy Justin Herbert.

That Natty that some Duck fans expect this year is going to be a little tougher to get now...and we are only at week 1 of the season. I love it.

Glad Cougar

Both teams had opportunities to score more in that first half and both made plenty of mistakes. I would've expected the freshman QB Nix to struggle, which he did, but he was the one who made the big time plays, not the Sports Illustrated cover boy Justin Herbert.

That Natty that some Duck fans expect this year is going to be a little tougher to get now...and we are only at week 1 of the season. I love it.

Glad Cougar
They'll probably win just enough conference games to make the Pac look crappy again and Auburn will be 6-6 or 7-6. I don't know how many games there is in a season anymore.

Ducked it.

Herbert so overrated
He looks good when he can sit back and play catch. A lot of QB's have a tough time with pressure but he looks like a different guy.

He also threw the final Hail Mary from the 35 about 10 yards out of the end zone! Not good.

He also threw the final Hail Mary from the 35 about 10 yards out of the end zone! Not good.
Herbert is a great quarterback and doesn't deserve this abuse. Anyone could see that the sun was in his eyes on that pass, and the wind carried it too far. With all those Auburn defenders hanging on him, Joe Montana and Tom Brady could not have made that throw.

Reactions: SDCoug
If I would Oregon I would fire Cristobal immediately. Terrible coaching...there's absolutely no way Oregon should've lost that game.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
They lost to a very good SEC team on the road. It is tough to win on the road in the South, I would not have bet on the cougs if they were on the road vs Auburn. Oregon is much improved this year.

Was this a one-off? Seems like I see the Cougs, the Mutts or the Ducks heading down south to battle LSU or Auburn every other year but scarcely do I see the SEC heading west. PS I don't consider Texas - which is home to one SEC team and driving distance for the rest - to be a "neutral" game for coastal teams. It's like the Ravens claiming any game at RFK is "neutral" because it's not in Baltimore. Stop throwing away games like this as one of many jobs to do in rehabilitating the conference image.

Last edited:
Was this a one-off? Seems like I see the Cougs, the Mutts or the Ducks heading down south to battle LSU or Auburn every other year but scarcely do I see the SEC heading west. PS I don't consider Texas - which is home to one SEC team and driving distance for the rest - to be a "neutral" game for coastal teams. It's like the Ravens claiming any game at RFK is "neutral" because it's not in Baltimore. Stop throwing away games like this as one of many jobs to do in rehabilitating the conference image.

The SEC isn't gonna leave the South. The PAC 12 should mandate all non conference games have a home and home contract for all other Power 5 conferences. If that means you never play a conference, fine.

Reactions: GrayOnGray
If I would Oregon I would fire Cristobal immediately. Terrible coaching...there's absolutely no way Oregon should've lost that game.

He is their 3rd coach in 4 seasons. Firing him now would be bad news. However, once you decide that a coach isn't the answer you're best off moving on him then.

If it were me... I'd offer Stoops and Meyer $8,000,000 per year. Whoever says yes first gets it.

Reactions: PatBaum

It’s one of the “neutral” site games versus a BCS opponent the SEC teams schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT