ADVERTISEMENT

Beat the Quacks - 2 pm today

COUGinNCW

Hall Of Fame
Oct 5, 2010
Huge opportunity for another Quad 1 win. Hopefully get a bit more production from Jones and Rice and we stay out of foul trouble. Vegas like the ducks by 3.5. Should be a good game.

Reactions: Coug90
Lets go Cougs.

BTW, I'm assuming that previous management made the decision to not sell any P12 mbb to the national networks? I think I've seen Arizona once this year?

Not that P12 MBB is overly compelling, but neither was 17 win Memphis vs 8 win Temple on prime time Thursday night.

Lets go Cougs.

BTW, I'm assuming that previous management made the decision to not sell any P12 mbb to the national networks? I think I've seen Arizona once this year?

Not that P12 MBB is overly compelling, but neither was 17 win Memphis vs 8 win Temple on prime time Thursday night.
Yeah I've noticed some lackluster matchups. Part of it is lower teams agreeing to play on odd days, but primetime Thursday?

Personally I don't care because I get the Pac-12 channels. Next year for FB and BB will be interesting. I don't have any idea what the MW or WCC do for games. But The Pac-2 does bring all the components of our network. Whatever those are. And most of that infrastructure(?) is presumably sunk costs. And what about existing leases on offices, studios, etc?

Another whole dimension. Would it pencil out to, as I've opined before, just "go dark" except for games involving us and OSU. None of this other space filling content. Sorry, folks, but lay off about 90% of the staff. The network and the Pac-2 offices. Should just start doing it now.

Unless the MW and WCC want to sign on for other games on their dimes.

Never seen it for my own eyes, but the court is awful on TV.

I think we have more airballs than field goals. Walton shouted "great pass" on Jakimovski's last shot that went over the basket.

Was considering heading down for the game, but the morning got away from me.

Also, listening on the radio - did Smith not make the trip? Confused why the PA announcer would announce Jim Shaw as the HC, unless... you know, typical Duck fckery.

Wells is obviously excused from the airball comment. He's on fire again in the 1st half 4-4 from 3.

The refs stopped the game from being a double digit Coug lead.

Good first half except the way it ended by shooting it way too early with 24 seconds left, and then compounding that by then allowing the duck rebounder to go coast to coast for a dunk.

The refs stopped the game from being a double digit Coug lead.

There was 1 questionable call, but besides that, not a bad job by refs.

Even the radio announcers think the officiating has been ok, and when it's not been ok, they have been quick to say so in past.

There was 1 questionable call, but besides that, not a bad job by refs.

Even the radio announcers think the officiating has been ok, and when it's not been ok, they have been quick to say so in past.
Walton’s said like 4 times…that’s not a foul. And he’s been right.

Walton’s said like 4 times…that’s not a foul. And he’s been right.

I don't have PAC 12 network to watch on TV.

Chaznow and the rest of the radio announcers haven't said anything about the officiating other then that it's been ok today.

Usually they jump all over bad officiating

Good first half except the way it ended by shooting it way too early with 24 seconds left, and then compounding that by then allowing the duck rebounder to go coast to coast for a dunk.
Two bad calls in a row. One on Cluff with the Cougs up by 6, getting a rebound with all the momentum. That foul stopped the momentum, gave the ball back to Oregon who scored. Oregon's next trip down, Chinyelu was called for a bad foul, which lead to more points for Oregon. It's not always the amount of fouls, but when they are called.

end of half bites is again. Geez guys wtf.
No kidding. Can the first halves be changed to 19 minutes long? Looked like were going to run the clock down past the 2 for1 point again if Jaki hadn't been fouled. They we shoot to fast and give them one last chance. Stupid.

I don't have PAC 12 network to watch on TV.

Chaznow and the rest of the radio announcers haven't said anything about the officiating other then that it's been ok today.

Usually they jump all over bad officiating
It was two horrible calls in a row at the end of the half that changed the score from a possible double digit halftime lead for the Cougars to a 2 point game

Two bad calls in a row. One on Cluff with the Cougs up by 6, getting a rebound with all the momentum. That foul stopped the momentum, gave the ball back to Oregon who scored. Oregon's next trip down, Chinyelu was called for a bad foul, which lead to more points for Oregon. It's not always the amount of fouls, but when they are called.
I dunno. To be fair, Cluff did kind of stick his butt and elbow out. Didn't look like it from the back, but from that front angle.....

No kidding. Can the first halves be changed to 19 minutes long? Looked like were going to run the clock down past the 2 for1 point again if Jaki hadn't been fouled. They we shoot to fast and give them one last chance. Stupid.
Kyle smiths end of half/game strategy is the equivalent of Mike Leach running out the clock.

I dunno. To be fair, Cluff did kind of stick his butt and elbow out. Didn't look like it from the back, but from that front angle.....
I don’t disagree. Problem is Cliff got hammered on the other end and no call.

Still, there was a lot to like. Cougs were the better team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT