ADVERTISEMENT

Electoral College idiocy

Okay then so “Nazi white supremacists” bad people and “non-Nazi white supremacists” good people. Got it.
No matter how much you twist and squirm, you will remain wrong.

That's just the way it. Some things will never change. That's just the way it is-get a job!*

*Bruce Hornsby

No matter how much you twist and squirm, you will remain wrong.

That's just the way it. Some things will never change. That's just the way it is-get a job!*

*Bruce Hornsby
Right. Because everybody knows that there are always some “good people” that just happen to attend white supremacist rallies.

Right. Because everybody knows that there are always some “good people” that just happen to attend white supremacist rallies.
Just for the sake of discussion... does attending a white supremacist rally really necessarily make someone a bad person? Does being a white supremacist make someone a bad person?

I would imagine that just about everyone believes that they are better than someone else. How do we decide which of those inward beliefs are "bad?"

I'd be willing to bet that there are a lot of people - black, white, brown, etc. - who believe that they are better than the others just because. But they still follow the law, pay their taxes, and don't go around burning crosses and participating in lynchings. Are they "bad" just because they have this one opinion that doesn't fall in line with expectations?

Edit to note: I'm not defending Trump or anything he did or did not say about Charlottesville. He's a horrible person, and I'm better than him. And not just because he's orange.

Just for the sake of discussion... does attending a white supremacist rally really necessarily make someone a bad person? Does being a white supremacist make someone a bad person?
No and no, just ask Stretch: people who attend white supremacists rallies is good peoples.

I'd be willing to bet that there are a lot of people - black, white, brown, etc. - who believe that they are better than the others just because their dongs are bigger.
hey, don't pick on Gibby. He can't help it. :)

Loyal says…hold my beer

I would imagine that just about everyone believes that they are better than someone else. How do we decide which of those inward beliefs are "bad?"

I'd be willing to bet that there are a lot of people - black, white, brown, etc. - who believe that they are better than the others just because. But they still follow the law, pay their taxes, and don't go around burning crosses and participating in lynchings. Are they "bad" just because they have this one opinion that doesn't fall in line with expectations?

Edit to note: I'm not defending Trump or anything he did or did not say about Charlottesville. He's a horrible person, and I'm better than him. And not just because he's orange.
Attending a rally such as that, and stipulating that if you do and are participating in the chants, then yes, you are a bad person.

You are attempting to intimidate and preaching for a position in overall society that places a category of people below you based solely on appearance and not merit. That is pretty damn near objectively "bad". At the bare minimum, it ain't good. Taihtsat

No and no, just ask Stretch: people who attend white supremacists rallies is good peoples.
just stop with your bullshit. That is not at all what I said and you know it. I'm so sorry that you have gotten your panties all in a bunch because you were proven wrong on your claim about what Trump said. Maybe you should take them off and go iron them smooth again, they will be much more comfortable then and you can be a lot less pissy then you are being now.

just stop with your bullshit. That is not at all what I said and you know it. I'm so sorry that you have gotten your panties all in a bunch because you were proven wrong on your claim about what Trump said. Maybe you should take them off and go iron them smooth again, they will be much more comfortable then and you can be a lot less pissy then you are being now.
Trump said that there were “fine people on both sides” at Charlottesville.

Explain just exactly who were these “fine people” attending a white suprematist rally in Charlottesville,

Explain just exactly who were these “fine people” attending a white suprematist rally in Charlottesville,
And now one of the favorite chants at his rallies is “Kill them all!””.

Either you are really stupid or you just try to twist and redefine things to change what words mean. Go ahead and watch the actual words that Trump spoke in the previously linked post. You may have to watch it 6 or 8 times to actually understand things, like the fact that it was NOT a white supremacist rally, it was a rally to protest the fragile wokesters taking down a statue of Robert E Lee.

Is it an anti-Semite rally every time the House Democrat caucus meets?

hey, don't pick on Gibby. He can't help it. :)

Loyal says…hold my beer
The only reason I would have Gibby hold my beer is so that I could use both hands to steer my massive schlong towards his shoes and piss on them. But as hard as that anaconda is to wield, I can do it with one hand too.

T
Either you are really stupid or you just try to twist and redefine things to change what words mean. Go ahead and watch the actual words that Trump spoke in the previously linked post. You may have to watch it 6 or 8 times to actually understand things, like the fact that it was NOT a white supremacist rally, it was a rally to protest the fragile wokesters taking down a statue of Robert E Lee.

Is it an anti-Semite rally every time the House Democrat caucus meets?
So it wasn’t a white supremacist rally even though it was organized by white supremacists and attended by whites supremacists including neo Nazis and klansmen many of whom were shouting “Jews will not replace us”.

This was just a friendly family gathering?

T

So it wasn’t a white supremacist rally even though it was organized by white supremacists and attended by whites supremacists including neo Nazis and klansmen many of whom were shouting “Jews will not replace us”.

This was just a friendly family gathering?

The TRUTH is, that both Willie and Stretch are both right and wrong on, about this.

The Rally was Organized by the ALT RIGHT FUNDAMENTALIST, NATIONALIST, CONSERVATIVES, REPUBLICANS.

Those people are about 17% to 27% to 37% of the Republican, Conservative base.

And out of that 17% to 27% to 37%, about 23% to 33% to 43% are KKK, Nazi's, White Supremacist, Proudboys, etc.

About 33%, are non racist, nationalist, isolationist, Hardcore Alt Right Wing conservative, republican.

About 33% are non racist, non nationalist, semi alt right, semi right wing conservatives, Republicans from Heartland of America Farmlands.(Good People)

That mix of people, planned, organized, attended the PEACEFUL PROTEST, against Wokeist removing not just Robert E Lee Statue(Who altho fought for the WRONG side in Civil War, was a Good Christian GODLY man, that HAD NO SLAVES, That actually wanted the South to FREE ALL SLAVES, and that had many BOTH free blacks, and slave blacks that admired, respected, liked, etc, Robert E Lee), but removing all statues, at drop of hats.

And it was ANTIFA, Black Lives Matter, Black Panthers, etc, that started VIOLENTLY RIOTING, THREATENING, ATTACKING, BEATING UP the PEACEFUL protestors that were protesting the removal of statues.

In fact the Peaceful Protestors(Alt Right) had to run, flee for their lives, and if it had not been for the Police, many would have been seriously hurt or would have been killed.

Because of that the Proudboys, other conservatives, republican, etc, fought back, in SELF DEFENSE, and in defense of, and to try to save others

As much as I can't stand Trump, and will not vote for him, Trump diplomatically said that there were some good people on both sides(Not all people on the Alt right were good, only SOME were good. Not all people on the Snowflake, ANTIFA, Black Lives Matter side, were good, some were bad, some were good, there was good and bad on both sides), or at least that was what he Trump meant, was trying to say.

The mainstream, lamestream media, etc, LIED, misrepresented, SPUN the whole situation, and Trump's words, etc.

While the Alt Right peacefully protesting the removing of statues was PROVOCATIVE, TRIGGERED the SNOWFLAKES on the other side, and probably wasn't very smart, and probably should have known what was going to happen, and probably did know what would happen, and probably therefore shouldn't have been there, done that, etc, they were still exercising their CONSTITUTIONAL right to do what they did.

That said, just because you can, have the right to do something, doesn't mean you should do that something.

This is the ABSOLUTE TRUTH, FACTS, PERIOD.

And Stretch's link, that you still stupidly refuse to read, helps prove it.

Reactions: Stretch 74
The TRUTH is, that both Willie and Stretch are both right and wrong on, about this.

The Rally was Organized by the ALT RIGHT FUNDAMENTALIST, NATIONALIST, CONSERVATIVES, REPUBLICANS.

Those people are about 17% to 27% to 37% of the Republican, Conservative base.

And out of that 17% to 27% to 37%, about 23% to 33% to 43% are KKK, Nazi's, White Supremacist, Proudboys, etc.

About 33%, are non racist, nationalist, isolationist, Hardcore Alt Right Wing conservative, republican.

About 33% are non racist, non nationalist, semi alt right, semi right wing conservatives, Republicans from Heartland of America Farmlands.(Good People)

That mix of people, planned, organized, attended the PEACEFUL PROTEST, against Wokeist removing not just Robert E Lee Statue(Who altho fought for the WRONG side in Civil War, was a Good Christian GODLY man, that HAD NO SLAVES, That actually wanted the South to FREE ALL SLAVES, and that had many BOTH free blacks, and slave blacks that admired, respected, liked, etc, Robert E Lee), but removing all statues, at drop of hats.

And it was ANTIFA, Black Lives Matter, Black Panthers, etc, that started VIOLENTLY RIOTING, THREATENING, ATTACKING, BEATING UP the PEACEFUL protestors that were protesting the removal of statues.

In fact the Peaceful Protestors(Alt Right) had to run, flee for their lives, and if it had not been for the Police, many would have been seriously hurt or would have been killed.

Because of that the Proudboys, other conservatives, republican, etc, fought back, in SELF DEFENSE, and in defense of, and to try to save others

As much as I can't stand Trump, and will not vote for him, Trump diplomatically said that there were some good people on both sides(Not all people on the Alt right were good, only SOME were good. Not all people on the Snowflake, ANTIFA, Black Lives Matter side, were good, some were bad, some were good, there was good and bad on both sides), or at least that was what he Trump meant, was trying to say.

The mainstream, lamestream media, etc, LIED, misrepresented, SPUN the whole situation, and Trump's words, etc.

While the Alt Right peacefully protesting the removing of statues was PROVOCATIVE, TRIGGERED the SNOWFLAKES on the other side, and probably wasn't very smart, and probably should have known what was going to happen, and probably did know what would happen, and probably therefore shouldn't have been there, done that, etc, they were still exercising their CONSTITUTIONAL right to do what they did.

That said, just because you can, have the right to do something, doesn't mean you should do that something.

This is the ABSOLUTE TRUTH, FACTS, PERIOD.

And Stretch's link, that you still stupidly refuse to read, helps prove it.
What’s the dumber term…Antifa or Woke?

get back on your meds
Oh you guys are no fun at all. I am the only one on this entire board with a sense of humor. And poster amnesia. I don't give a shit nor remember what nasty insults you flung at me yesterday, you post something meaningful and I will reply in kind. And maybe have some fun along the way. :)

While that had a PART in the making the Electoral College, the biggest reason is that they didn't want the TYRANNY of the MAJORITY BULLYING THE MINORITY.

AKA, they didn't want a BIG CITY, NEW YORK VALUES, BELIEFS, PEOPLE, bullying farmers and their values, beliefs, in a smaller state, with less people, via a popular vote, democracy system.

This sentiment is portrayed in Mel Gibson's THE PATRIOT, where Mel Gibson's Colonial character said SO WE SHOULD TRADE THE TYRANNY OF KING GEORGE FOR THE TYRANNY OF OUR NEIGHBORS TELLING US WHAT TO DO IN A DEMOCRACY.(Not a exact word for word, but close enough)

That's how a lot of colonials felt, and they only agreed to join the revolutionary war, if a democratic Republic was done over a democracy to prevent, stop a tyranny of a majority from bullying, telling them what to do. They wanted their values, beliefs, etc, to have fair, equal representation, as the majority.

The Electoral College was the best they came up with, that better then a popular vote.

That doesn't mean that it doesn't have faults, as it does have faults.

And it can be improved, fixed, etc.

But it shouldn't be scrapped. And if do scrap it, then don't replace it with a popular vote or anything like unto it.

If you want to try to fix the Electoral College, go for it.

If you can replace the electoral college with something better then the electoral college AND better then popular vote that makes sure that farmers in Wyoming have fair, equal representation as the Beavis and Buttheads in BIG CITIES, and that makes sure that the 7 biggest cities don't decide the election, then go for it.

But for now the Electoral College for all its flaws is better then a popular vote system.
I agree. Those of us who don’t live in the Seattle - Tacoma - Olympia metropolitan areas have very little say on how the state is run because that is the population center. We are constantly getting legislation crammed down our throats by the governor and state legislature that do not represent our values and causes a lot of resentment but that is where the population centers are so there is not much we can do about it.

The electoral college was designed to prevent that to give states an equal say in the government and to prevent major metropolitan areas from dominating the country. To be perfectly blunt, I would support succession if the electoral college was done away with because major metropolitan areas would absolutely control the direction of this country while outlying areas would have little to no say. We have seen too many times how poorly these metropolitan areas are run and the same type of people would be running the country.

I agree. Those of us who don’t live in the Seattle - Tacoma - Olympia metropolitan areas have very little say on how the state is run because that is the population center. We are constantly getting legislation crammed down our throats by the governor and state legislature that do not represent our values and causes a lot of resentment but that is where the population centers are so there is not much we can do about it.

The electoral college was designed to prevent that to give states an equal say in the government and to prevent major metropolitan areas from dominating the country. To be perfectly blunt, I would support succession if the electoral college was done away with because major metropolitan areas would absolutely control the direction of this country while outlying areas would have little to no say. We have seen too many times how poorly these metropolitan areas are run and the same type of people would be running the country.
Oh Gawd this again? Do you all have any idea what the Electoral College is all about? Yes, my own research shows that the little (population) states get an outsized vote in the Presidential election. But in a bigger state (Washington), it doesn't mean shit. You telling me that Whitman County should have as much say as King County? WTF are you guys saying? I'm bewildered.

How do you think the Deep South Dems and moderates feel about shit being rammed down their throats by the right winged R's? Oh and the Dakotas too.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG

Major metro areas already control the direction. Check out these maps. The 2nd one showing the margin of victory in each county is most telling. In 2020, Trump won a lot more counties, but by small margins. Biden pretty much only won the metro counties, but by huge margins. Biden took only 13 counties in Washington, but won the whole state. He won 9 counties in Oregon, but the whole state. 5 counties in Arizona...whole state. Looks like 18 counties in Texas, and came close to turning it blue.

And that is where I say there's room to improve the electoral college system. Make it so it's not winner-take-all. Assign electoral votes based on winner in each congressional district, the same way Maine and Nebraska do. In 2020, Biden took 57% of the popular vote in Washington and 56% in Oregon, but won all 19 electoral votes (12 WA, 7 OR). If it was done by district, Biden would have gotten 9 from Washington and 6 from Oregon, Trump would have taken 3 and 1. In California, Trump would take 7 votes. Arizona was a battleground, and Biden took all 11 votes even though he only won by 0.3%. Split by district, it would have been 7 to 4.

Just with those 4 states, instead of being 85-0 for Biden, splitting by district makes it 70-15. Doesn't seem like a lot on its face, but if all the states are doing the same thing, it changes the election strategy, de-emphasizes the metro areas, and possibly changes results.

Reactions: HCoug and mikalalas
Oh Gawd this again? Do you all have any idea what the Electoral College is all about? Yes, my own research shows that the little (population) states get an outsized vote in the Presidential election. But in a bigger state (Washington), it doesn't mean shit. You telling me that Whitman County should have as much say as King County? WTF are you guys saying? I'm bewildered.

How do you think the Deep South Dems and moderates feel about shit being rammed down their throats by the right winged R's? Oh and the Dakotas too.
Maybe Whitman county shouldn't have as much say as King, but they should have some say. Right now, they don't.

Washington hasn't voted for a Republican presidential candidate since 1984, hasn't had a Republican senator since 2000, or a Republican governor since 1984.

Voting Republican in this state - which about 30 counties like to do - is a waste of a vote.

Note: Whitman actually isn't the best example, they trend toward blue.

Major metro areas already control the direction. Check out these maps. The 2nd one showing the margin of victory in each county is most telling. In 2020, Trump won a lot more counties, but by small margins. Biden pretty much only won the metro counties, but by huge margins. Biden took only 13 counties in Washington, but won the whole state. He won 9 counties in Oregon, but the whole state. 5 counties in Arizona...whole state. Looks like 18 counties in Texas, and came close to turning it blue.

And that is where I say there's room to improve the electoral college system. Make it so it's not winner-take-all. Assign electoral votes based on winner in each congressional district, the same way Maine and Nebraska do. In 2020, Biden took 57% of the popular vote in Washington and 56% in Oregon, but won all 19 electoral votes (12 WA, 7 OR). If it was done by district, Biden would have gotten 9 from Washington and 6 from Oregon, Trump would have taken 3 and 1. In California, Trump would take 7 votes. Arizona was a battleground, and Biden took all 11 votes even though he only won by 0.3%. Split by district, it would have been 7 to 4.

Just with those 4 states, instead of being 85-0 for Biden, splitting by district makes it 70-15. Doesn't seem like a lot on its face, but if all the states are doing the same thing, it changes the election strategy, de-emphasizes the metro areas, and possibly changes results.
You think gerrymandering is bad now….

Flip side is same would apply in Fl, TX, etc. in the last election Biden won the popular vote by 7 mill. His victory probably would have been even less contentious in your scenario than it was…where it was thousands of votes in a handful of states that ultimately carried him.

Maybe Whitman county shouldn't have as much say as King, but they should have some say. Right now, they don't.

Washington hasn't voted for a Republican presidential candidate since 1984, hasn't had a Republican senator since 2000, or a Republican governor since 1984.

Voting Republican in this state - which about 30 counties like to do - is a waste of a vote.

Note: Whitman actually isn't the best example, they trend toward blue.
Until the gerrymanders in states like WI get fixed, no way. If we go by district, I don’t want to see a candidate that’s gets 40% of the vote in a state getting 70% of the EV for a state.

Until the gerrymanders in states like WI get fixed, no way. If we go by district, I don’t want to see a candidate that’s gets 40% of the vote in a state getting 70% of the EV for a state.
That shouldn't be able to happen. They get 1 point for each congressional district they win, and the winner of the statewide popular vote gets 1-2 more votes. Washington has 10 districts, 1 vote each. Popular vote winner gets 2 additional. So the gerrymandering would be for single votes.

Reactions: mikalalas
Yes it would be nice to get rid of gerrymandering, no doubt about that. But it would have no effect in a presidential election, which is the only time the Electoral College comes into play. You take the total votes for president in each state, determine the % of votes for each candidate and apply that % to the electoral college votes, round it up and down as appropriate and you have the resulting EC vote count for each one.

I actually did that on an Excel spread sheet some years ago, and IIRC correctly it didn't change the results of the couple that I did. Cannot recall now which ones it was.

I recall some SERIOUS gerrymandering going on in King County some years back to make sure that the heavy minority areas (Central District, Burien, White Center, etc) would be represented by a person of color. Of course, in that case it was totally acceptable because the end result justified the sneaky methods. Hahaha....

WTF is wrong with you guys? The Electoral College is BS. And my incredibly detailed research (buried a hundred posts ago), illustrates how 33% of our states (red and blue) are smaller than average, thus they get a bit more pull. Like Wyoming, 100,000 voters and change determine their 3 electoral votes, and Washington is more like 700,000 per.

So the 33 small states, with their 2 senators each, have NO motivation to get rid of this archaic bunch of shit. And here we are. We are a democracy. Popular vote. That is how every single election at any level is determined. City, county, state. Oh except one. The most important election of all.

Why you I assume intelligent people don't see this is nuts. Oh let's change the rules and apportion the electoral vote proportionally. Better idea. Shitcan this crap and go to a popular vote. Like every other F-ing election in this country. Even dogcatcher.

That shouldn't be able to happen. They get 1 point for each congressional district they win, and the winner of the statewide popular vote gets 1-2 more votes. Washington has 10 districts, 1 vote each. Popular vote winner gets 2 additional. So the gerrymandering would be for single votes.
Don't link it to districts, gotta make it statewide totals. Your method would not be consistent with other smaller states and we need consistency between states.

Don't link it to districts, gotta make it statewide totals. Your method would not be consistent with other smaller states and we need consistency between states.
Grrr I'm getting pissed now. Time to push the keyboard away for a while. You guys just don't F-ing get it. To repeat myself: EVERY election at ANY level in the US is determined by popular vote. Except one.

So why the F do you people cling to this "oh the Electoral College is better than democracy, let's just tweak it". F#$%. I'm moving to Cuba.

WTF is wrong with you guys? The Electoral College is BS. And my incredibly detailed research (buried a hundred posts ago), illustrates how 33% of our states (red and blue) are smaller than average, thus they get a bit more pull. Like Wyoming, 100,000 voters and change determine their 3 electoral votes, and Washington is more like 700,000 per.

So the 33 small states, with their 2 senators each, have NO motivation to get rid of this archaic bunch of shit. And here we are. We are a democracy. Popular vote. That is how every single election at any level is determined. City, county, state. Oh except one. The most important election of all.

Why you I assume intelligent people don't see this is nuts. Oh let's change the rules and apportion the electoral vote proportionally. Better idea. Shitcan this crap and go to a popular vote. Like every other F-ing election in this country. Even dogcatcher.
We are NOT a democracy, we are a representative republic, or constitutional republic. Remember this?

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands...."

See, we pledge allegiance to the Republic, and NOT to the Democracy. Not going into it here, but there are a lot of solid reasons for why the founding fathers set up our country this way, and you can find those discussions online. My opinion is that the system was fully debated by a bunch of smart men, has worked well for over 200 years, and any changes to the system like that would simply be pushed through for political advantage for one side or the other, and I am against that. Everyone knows the rules and can play by them.

Grrr I'm getting pissed now. Time to push the keyboard away for a while. You guys just don't F-ing get it. To repeat myself: EVERY election at ANY level in the US is determined by popular vote. Except one.

So why the F do you people cling to this "oh the Electoral College is better than democracy, let's just tweak it". F#$%. I'm moving to Cuba.
Have a nice time there in Cuba. Hope you are able pick up a nice used 1951 Chevy with less than 500,000 miles on it.

Just because "other elections are done differently" is NOT a justification for doing away with the guiding principles of our country. Did your mom ever tell you something like "Well, if your friend went and jumped off a bridge, would you do that too?". Same thing here.

I thought I was saying I don’t want to go to an even worse system, that’s even less representative. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Whitman County, Lincoln county should have EQUAL representation as King County, any other county.

You others are looking at just numbers, and thinks say, that since King County has more people, then Whitman County, Lincoln County, other counties, etc, they should have more representation.

What you and others, and others like you and others like you don't get is that the reasons why numbers are less important, is because VALUES, are not numbers, numbers based.

It's all about different, competing VALUES, BELIEFS VS DIFFERENT, COMPETING VALUES, BELIEFS that should have fair, equal representation.

This is why Gays, altho a minority get a fair, equal representation, despite more hetero sexual straight people.

If went by just numbers, then Gays would get no fair, equal, representation, rights, etc.

BIG CITIES, COUNTIES like King County, Seattle, etc, HAVE DIFFERENT VALUES, BELIEFS, then Lincoln, Whitman, Grant counties, small towns, farmers, etc.

Just living in King County, Seattle, often changes a person's values, beliefs, over time.

So because of that, Seattle, King County, Lincoln County, Whitman County, all cities, counties, should have fair, equal representation, rights, etc, for their various, different, competing VALUES, beliefs.

And because of that, there should be a Electoral College system to Elect Governors, State legislators, Mayors, etc, where the candidate that wins the most counties, legislative districts, precincts, etc, win elections, public office.

That would truly preserve the rights, freedoms, equal representation of all beliefs, values, whether they be King County, Seattle values, beliefs, or whether they be different, opposing farmer, small towns, small county, small precinct, small legislative district values, beliefs.

And it would put more emphasis, importance on VALUES, beliefs, etc, then on numbers, BIG CITIES, BIG COUNTIES, like King County, Seattle.

The only reason I would have Gibby hold my beer is so that I could use both hands to steer my massive schlong ...

Loyal buddy, you might want to get that bad boy checked out ... preferably by a buxom nurse in her early- to mid-20's

Whitman County, Lincoln county should have EQUAL representation as King County, any other county.

You others are looking at just numbers, and thinks say, that since King County has more people, then Whitman County, Lincoln County, other counties, etc, they should have more representation.
Mik, just when you appeared to be getting sane. Ok, so Whitman County, with their 40,000 residents, should have the same pull as King County, which has 4,000,000. Hey and Garfield County, with their 2,300 residents, should have as much pull as King County too?

What you and others, and others like you and others like you don't get is that the reasons why numbers are less important, is because VALUES, are not numbers, numbers based.

It's all about different, competing VALUES, BELIEFS VS DIFFERENT, COMPETING VALUES, BELIEFS that should have fair, equal representation.

This is why Gays, altho a minority get a fair, equal representation, despite more hetero sexual straight people.

If went by just numbers, then Gays would get no fair, equal, representation, rights, etc.

BIG CITIES, COUNTIES like King County, Seattle, etc, HAVE DIFFERENT VALUES, BELIEFS, then Lincoln, Whitman, Grant counties, small towns, farmers, etc.

Just living in King County, Seattle, often changes a person's values, beliefs, over time.

So because of that, Seattle, King County, Lincoln County, Whitman County, all cities, counties, should have fair, equal representation, rights, etc, for their various, different, competing VALUES, beliefs.

And because of that, there should be a Electoral College system to Elect Governors, State legislators, Mayors, etc, where the candidate that wins the most counties, legislative districts, precincts, etc, win elections, public office.

That would truly preserve the rights, freedoms, equal representation of all beliefs, values, whether they be King County, Seattle values, beliefs, or whether they be different, opposing farmer, small towns, small county, small precinct, small legislative district values, beliefs.

And it would put more emphasis, importance on VALUES, beliefs, etc, then on numbers, BIG CITIES, BIG COUNTIES, like King County, Seattle.
So you think gays should get 50% of the votes, even though they represent like 10% of the population? Interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT