ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Analytics: Wins vs. Stan, CU, Losses at Cal, UW

6-6 and going to some low tier bowl is the forecast.

At least it's a bowl game...?
I don't know that 6-6 gets us to a bowl (said this before). Look at the standings below. We are in a 4 way tie for 8th. 6-6, at best, could elevate us up into a 5-way tie for 4th assuming all the 3-win teams lose the rest of their games. That ain't gonna happen.

I don't know that 6-6 gets us to a bowl (said this before). Look at the standings below. We are in a 4 way tie for 8th. 6-6, at best, could elevate us up into a 5-way tie for 4th assuming all the 3-win teams lose the rest of their games. That ain't gonna happen.
6-6 gets a P5 school to a bowl game.

Reactions: Coug90
If you say so. Pac-12 has 7 bowl tie-ins............
There are always conferences which don't have enough eligible teams to fill the bowl tie ins. Plus the 4 playoff teams and 2 of the 8 at large former BCS bowls are a large. Army has a tie in and isn't making a bowl. Cougs aren't a 6-6 MAC team. If they get eligible they make a bowl.

There are always conferences which don't have enough eligible teams to fill the bowl tie ins. Plus the 4 playoff teams and 2 of the 8 at large former BCS bowls are a large. Army has a tie in and isn't making a bowl. Cougs aren't a 6-6 MAC team. If they get eligible they make a bowl.
Fair enough. jimmy Kimmel or LV here we come!

6-6 gets a P5 school to a bowl game.
They were talking about a 5 win CU getting to a bowl. Which I believe can only happen if they run out of 6 win teams or a 6 win team opts out. If we win 6 we will be in a bowl.

Athlon, College Football News and ESPN all have us as an at-large in the Independence Bowl against a Big 12 team.

Athlon, College Football News and ESPN all have us as an at-large in the Independence Bowl against a Big 12 team.
And yet I laugh at this……if we can’t stop anyone on defense, we aren’t winning another game and won’t sniff a bowl.

Reactions: HCoug
even if they find a way to 6 wins and make it to a bowl game. It will be interesting to see who doesn't hit the portal. It might be a roster of scout team players at the bowl game. Also other than Colorado, the other two teams, like ASU and AZ have improved a lot since the beginning of the year.

even if they find a way to 6 wins and make it to a bowl game. It will be interesting to see who doesn't hit the portal. It might be a roster of scout team players at the bowl game. Also other than Colorado, the other two teams, like ASU and AZ have improved a lot since the beginning of the year.
The only thing a bowl game is good for is the extra practices. But will WSU even have enough to field a D1 team by then?

Is it responsible or even ethical to throw a bunch of 2nd and 3rds string kids, who are probably undersized, into a D1 (for now) bowl game against another team that's actually trying? I feel like at some point you're putting kids in harms way. I know these are big kids and they have been on the team and practicing, but if they were good enough or big enough to start they would have been.

Is it responsible or even ethical to throw a bunch of 2nd and 3rds string kids, who are probably undersized, into a D1 (for now) bowl game against another team that's actually trying? I feel like at some point you're putting kids in harms way. I know these are big kids and they have been on the team and practicing, but if they were good enough or big enough to start they would have been.
I think you are overestimating the potential of some of these kids to find homes. There may be other Mountain West or Big Sky schools calling but our team that has lost 4 in a row in ugly fashion is not going to have a bunch of P5 schools lining up to pick them off. There will be a few kids sitting out as usual, but I don’t think we’re fielding a team of 3rd stringers if we get into a bowl.

I think you are overestimating the potential of some of these kids to find homes. There may be other Mountain West or Big Sky schools calling but our team that has lost 4 in a row in ugly fashion is not going to have a bunch of P5 schools lining up to pick them off. There will be a few kids sitting out as usual, but I don’t think we’re fielding a team of 3rd stringers if we get into a bowl.
I think you're underestimating the number of kids who are surrounded by sycophants telling them they NEED TO GET PAID, BOIIIIII!!!!!

Nothing will surprise me at this point. Doesn't mean I won't be pissed off or extremely sad or disappointed, but nothing will surprise me. Case in point: players united.

I think you're underestimating the number of kids who are surrounded by sycophants telling them they NEED TO GET PAID, BOIIIIII!!!!!

Nothing will surprise me at this point. Doesn't mean I won't be pissed off or extremely sad or disappointed, but nothing will surprise me. Case in point: players united.
True, they have bad actors giving bad advice. Just stating the obvious that we don’t really have talent across the board that other programs are going to be throwing money around to get. Just don’t see it after the last 4 weeks.

True, they have bad actors giving bad advice. Just stating the obvious that we don’t really have talent across the board that other programs are going to be throwing money around to get. Just don’t see it after the last 4 weeks.
I don't disagree, which is the point I tried to make earlier about us having scholarships and those still having value. But these kids... no stick-to-it-ivness. They'd rather leave to a worse situation just to prove their point... whatever that point may be or how dumb it may be.

Reactions: Coug90
The only thing a bowl game is good for is the extra practices. But will WSU even have enough to field a D1 team by then?

If the roster empties for the portal and they have no guys… a program that needs bowl games would likely be forced to decline.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT