ADVERTISEMENT

Fiesta bowl

BleedCrimsonandGray

Hall Of Fame
Oct 2, 2007
What a screw job to the Ducks.

Ultimate trap game - if you win no one gives a shit because you should beat the shit out of a CUSA team; if you lose you're humiliated for losing to a CUSA team.

#18 in the playoff ranking, wouldn't have made the playoff next year, but still gets a shot at #8. Zero wins against ranked teams.

I'm trying to wrap my head around it - do they think the 20k Liberty fans are going to travel well across the country and fill the stadium? Do they think this is a good story and will drive ratings? Especially considering the rationale behind fcking the Cougs over (ratings... yeah right) how and why does this pairing make any sense?

Last thing I'll say: Anyone who thinks G5 will actually get a seat at the 12 man table, even if you're undefeated, here's all the proof you need that that will never happen.

Ultimate trap game - if you win no one gives a shit because you should beat the shit out of a CUSA team; if you lose you're humiliated for losing to a CUSA team.

#18 in the playoff ranking, wouldn't have made the playoff next year, but still gets a shot at #8. Zero wins against ranked teams.

I'm trying to wrap my head around it - do they think the 20k Liberty fans are going to travel well across the country and fill the stadium? Do they think this is a good story and will drive ratings? Especially considering the rationale behind fcking the Cougs over (ratings... yeah right) how and why does this pairing make any sense?

Last thing I'll say: Anyone who thinks G5 will actually get a seat at the 12 man table, even if you're undefeated, here's all the proof you need that that will never happen.
They probably just figured there are a lot of pool boys in Arizona so the bowl pairing made sense for Liberty 🤷

• Haha
Reactions: spongeandshoot

Just win. USC couldn’t against Tulane.

Well, one of the P5 teams having to play the obligatory non-P5 team in the NY6 bowl games gets screwed like this every year, since in nearly every season, the best non-P5 team is ranked around #20 and not anywhere close to being a fair opponent for the top-10 team they're playing. We'll be on the other side of it starting soon enough.

They’ll give at least one berth to G5. That way they can cash in on another game, look like they’re being “fair” and at the same time have little chance of a higher seed losing. The bracket will be set to put the G5 team against the top seed if they manage to pull off the first round upset, paving the way to the semifinals for their anointed #1.

Reactions: 425cougfan
They’ll give at least one berth to G5. That way they can cash in on another game, look like they’re being “fair” and at the same time have little chance of a higher seed losing. The bracket will be set to put the G5 team against the top seed if they manage to pull off the first round upset, paving the way to the semifinals for their anointed #1.
Or...

They'll do as they've already been discussing and cut out everyone except the B10/SEC superconference from all the bowls and TV.

Will the G5 get a bone thrown to them for the next couple of years? Yes, but I doubt it will stay that way for long. Liberty, their 20k fans, and whatever crap TV ratings just don't add up to good $$$$.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT