ADVERTISEMENT

First of many

Nice. Most important guy on the board.
As bad as the defense was last year, they are all equally important. Smith has a chance to play next year, but so does just about everyone. I think all jobs are open now.

Is there even a bat signal and ,if so, do we know what it is yet? Sure would alleviate the aggravation during the recruiting season.

I am hoping for more before Wednesday also!! It appears the staff is recruiting hard, but the finishing in the form of committing is slow. We will see. Could be we get 4 high school commits and 3 junior college transfers.
The commitments might be slow due to a variety of things:
  • the new coaches have a limited time to secure commits,
  • the limited number of prospects available that can help your team,
  • flipping for a commit requires a huge mind shift because the commit has had months to solidify their thought process and it asked to undo this thinking in days or sometimes hours,
  • the new coaches have to undo the Leach recruiting strategy and any image barriers that recruits might have about WSU (not saying Leach's strategy was good, bad, or neutral), but new coaches have new perceptions and strategies

Reactions: CrazyAnt
Some of the coaches recruiting didn’t even get officially announced until a day or two ago, including our recruiting coordinator. Whatever happens this year I wouldn’t worry about. They will be just fine recruiting going forward.

They are either competing for kids that have had a chance to get to know the staff somewhere else for a couple YEARS... or they are competing for kids that have had limited options all along and are waiting for something to happen.

I would hope that Rolo and his staff have already hit up the West Coast and met a bunch of kids. That way they're walking in for the second time having already met kids rather than showing up late in the game.

I have said for years, the West Coast is the most poorly evaluated and recruited region in the nation. There are plenty of kids out there that can play on the West Coast. You have to grind it out and find them.

Sounds like we have a good chance at landing the WR Wilkerson from Texas. Great route runner. Reminds me of a taller Easop Winston.

Sounds like we have a good chance at landing the WR Wilkerson from Texas. Great route runner. Reminds me of a taller Easop Winston.

The coaching staff wanted him when they were at Hawaii. If they wanted him this bad, they really must believe that he is a great fit for the R&S.

They are either competing for kids that have had a chance to get to know the staff somewhere else for a couple YEARS... or they are competing for kids that have had limited options all along and are waiting for something to happen.

I would hope that Rolo and his staff have already hit up the West Coast and met a bunch of kids. That way they're walking in for the second time having already met kids rather than showing up late in the game.

I have said for years, the West Coast is the most poorly evaluated and recruited region in the nation. There are plenty of kids out there that can play on the West Coast. You have to grind it out and find them.

Agree, and that is why time spent working hard on recruiting bears fruit in the west. I'm getting the idea that Rolo's staff is pretty energetic in this regard. I have no idea how I'll like their coaching, though their track record thus far is promising. But the energy and work ethic look very good right now, and definitely an across the board upgrade from the prior staff over the past 2 years in that area.

Reactions: Observer11
Agree, and that is why time spent working hard on recruiting bears fruit in the west. I'm getting the idea that Rolo's staff is pretty energetic in this regard. I have no idea how I'll like their coaching, though their track record thus far is promising. But the energy and work ethic look very good right now, and definitely an across the board upgrade from the prior staff over the past 2 years in that area.

Chip Kelly made a comment about football... He called it "ships."

Friendships
Relationships
Championships

Jeffrey Gitomer has a saying... "All things being equal, people want to do business with their friends. All things being not quite so equal, people still want to do business with their friends."

If you leave Pullman after spring ball and don't return until a week before fall practice starts, are you making friends? Are you surprised when the "ships" don't come in? Just sayin'....

WSU is a school where you have to grind. If you let up things won't work out as well as they should or could. It is 24/7/365. You cannot coach at WSU like you would at SC. Or any other school where you can get by not putting in the time.

Chip Kelly made a comment about football... He called it "ships."

Friendships
Relationships
Championships

Jeffrey Gitomer has a saying... "All things being equal, people want to do business with their friends. All things being not quite so equal, people still want to do business with their friends."

If you leave Pullman after spring ball and don't return until a week before fall practice starts, are you making friends? Are you surprised when the "ships" don't come in? Just sayin'....

WSU is a school where you have to grind. If you let up things won't work out as well as they should or could. It is 24/7/365. You cannot coach at WSU like you would at SC. Or any other school where you can get by not putting in the time.

Chip has 15 wins in his last four seasons as a head coach.

Reactions: TrumpCoug
When you are dead and don't know that you're dead, it's hard for the people around you.

It's the same if you are stupid.

Dedicated to my biggest fan that reads and responds to all my posts and I could give 2 shits what she thinks and read zero of her posts ~ dgib.

Reactions: spongeworthy12
When you are dead and don't know that you're dead, it's hard for the people around you.

Dedicated to my biggest fan that reads and responds to all my posts and I could give 2 shits what she thinks and read zero of her posts ~ dgib.

Oh, Bianca. Obviously you care, since you’re writing this post.

2 men 1 rope. 2 men enter, one man leaves. PPV event of the Spring. Word around the campfire is Don King is looking to secure the Omak coliseum for the event. Stay tuned.

Which one of your 2 lopasses needs a cut man. If the price is right, I can fly in for the event.

Oh...and the name of my new band is "Cooter Bone"

Last edited:
2 men 1 rope. 2 men enter, one man leaves. PPV event of the Spring. Word around the campfire is Don King is looking to secure the Omak coliseum for the event. Stay tuned.

Which one of your 2 lopasses needs a cut man. If the price is right, I can fly in for the event.

Oh...and the name of my new band is "Cooter Bone"
If 2 men fight and nobody cares...did it really happen?

If you dont like what I have to say dont read it or respond to it. Pretty simple. Dgib should be good at simple.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT