ADVERTISEMENT

For those hoping for some ...

YakiCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
balance in offensive play selection, here's a stat for you from the recent scrimmage: 71 passing attempts v. 12 rushing attempts. That's the kind of imbalance we saw early last season, and at the end of the season. We started 0-2, and ended 0-3.

Last edited:
balance in offensive play selection, here's a stat for you from the recent scrimmage: 71 passing attempts v. 12 rushing attempts. That's the kind of imbalance we saw early last season, and at the end of the season. We started 0-2, and ended 0-3.
I'm sure it's a red herring:)

Interesting take. It IS just practice, but my biggest beef with Leach has been what I perceive to be an insistence on coming out the first couple of games and throwing it all over the place despite how far off the defense is playing. You wonder if some of this offensive imbalance in practice naturally bleeds over into the first couple of games.

Reactions: ATACFD
Leach's tendency is well known to all of us. Fortunately, he gives the QB a long leash on playmaking decisions. It will be on the shoulders of Falk to take rushing opportunities when they arise. If Falk, Hilinski or whoever mans that position does their job then we really have no problem.

Leach's tendency is well known to all of us. Fortunately, he gives the QB a long leash on playmaking decisions. It will be on the shoulders of Falk to take rushing opportunities when they arise. If Falk, Hilinski or whoever mans that position does their job then we really have no problem.

Good point. I wonder if there is a breakdown of run/pass percentage by each QB in the scrimmage.

Interesting take. It IS just practice, but my biggest beef with Leach has been what I perceive to be an insistence on coming out the first couple of games and throwing it all over the place despite how far off the defense is playing. You wonder if some of this offensive imbalance in practice naturally bleeds over into the first couple of games.
That is who he is...for good or bad.

Point taken, but how many to RBs? The "long handoffs" to RBs I'd bet make up a significant # of those passes. I wouldn't be surprised to see a very heavy dose of passes to the flats to the three-headed RB monster. Leach won't want to give Boise St too much info to prep with.

Let's get 'er on already - GO COUGS!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT