ADVERTISEMENT

Former CPW hired by......

Loyal Coug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 27, 2003
Hah - made you look! Nice little article about Aron Baynes in the Detroit press. Kind of neat that he is the best FT shooter in the NBA among bigs. No hack-a-Baynes here.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2015/07/15/detroit-pistons-aron-baynes/30194539/

Center Aron Baynes isn’t exactly a household name, so Detroit Pistons fans are going to have to learn about his game.

One area that might be appealing is Baynes’ toughness. He’s the type of guy who doesn’t mind leaving his elbows a little high when setting screens, drawing the ire of opponents.

“Everyone says that I play physical, but I don't see it like that,” said Baynes, who signed as a free agent this month. “I think that I'm out there trying to play hard, and there's things that you're allowed to do on the basketball court, like set screens, and that's a physical part of the game. For myself, I take pride in trying to be one of the best in doing that.”

Pistons president/coach Stan Van Gundy, seated to Baynes’ left at an introductory news conference, just grinned. One of his stated goals for the off-season was to get tougher.

Baynes also arguably is the best free throw shooter among centers in the NBA. He is a career 84.7% shooter.

“Free throw shooting, obviously, was a problem for us last year, next-to-last in the league, and Aron's the best free throw-shooting big out there,” Van Gundy said. “Eighty-five percent at the line last year, that's a huge thing for us in games, especially coming down the stretch. So that was also a big thing — maybe bigger for us than for other people with big guys.”

First, there is a basketball forum where you can post this kind of material.
Second, your disdain for "Wulff" threads rings a bit hollow when you include him in a subject header for one of your posts.
Just thought I'd share this.

Hah - made you look! Nice little article about Aron Baynes in the Detroit press. Kind of neat that he is the best FT shooter in the NBA among bigs. No hack-a-Baynes here.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2015/07/15/detroit-pistons-aron-baynes/30194539/

Center Aron Baynes isn’t exactly a household name, so Detroit Pistons fans are going to have to learn about his game.

One area that might be appealing is Baynes’ toughness. He’s the type of guy who doesn’t mind leaving his elbows a little high when setting screens, drawing the ire of opponents.

“Everyone says that I play physical, but I don't see it like that,” said Baynes, who signed as a free agent this month. “I think that I'm out there trying to play hard, and there's things that you're allowed to do on the basketball court, like set screens, and that's a physical part of the game. For myself, I take pride in trying to be one of the best in doing that.”

Pistons president/coach Stan Van Gundy, seated to Baynes’ left at an introductory news conference, just grinned. One of his stated goals for the off-season was to get tougher.

Baynes also arguably is the best free throw shooter among centers in the NBA. He is a career 84.7% shooter.

“Free throw shooting, obviously, was a problem for us last year, next-to-last in the league, and Aron's the best free throw-shooting big out there,” Van Gundy said. “Eighty-five percent at the line last year, that's a huge thing for us in games, especially coming down the stretch. So that was also a big thing — maybe bigger for us than for other people with big guys.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT