ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread SJSU

Defense’s biggest issue now is finishing plays. They’ve been getting in front of the ball carrier and they’ve been in position after the catch. Problem is they’re biting hard on the first move and they end up grabbing for air. Too many yards after the catch and after contact. If SJSU wants to run the 2 yard out, let them - but don’t let them turn it into 12.

Offense needs to find a way to slow down the rush. Mateer is mostly handling it OK, but he has plays where he’s not seeing the field because of the pressure. Shorten up the routes, run more crossing patterns and mesh under. Use the TE. Once they step back, run.
Maybe we need to start dropping 8 on defense......

It was close. Almost looked like his forearm hit and it jostled loose. Butt was close to hitting as well.

That said, WTF was the deal with the fans cheering as we were coming to the line there near the end? Are they that f-ing stupid these days?
They’re putting a kid solving a Rubik’s cube on the Jumbotron.

If we don’t tackle better it won’t matter how many we drop
I changed my mind - drop 10. We have had no pressure on the QB, and he gets rid of it fast. Geezus defense. Been watching Apple Cup highlights all week?

I like SJSU. Easy to see why they’re 3-0.

We pull away in the second half after a few adjustments.

Pretty clear we’re the more talented team.

Mateer: Damn. Perfect? No but, that dude OWNES this football team. He has all the tools necessary to continue to improve.

I don’t know about you but, I’m enjoying the heII out of this game.

Not sure about how I feel getting punked by Mik, who made a plan and is enjoying the **** out of himself right now ( I hope he’s in Sec 26 among the Students) but we’re gonna be 4-0 guys.

Enjoy the second half!

How ‘bout them adjustments? 🙄
They’ve figured out how to find Nash, and I’m not sure we’ve got any way to cover him. our best shot is to find a way to make some pressure….which we haven’t done so far.

Finally caught up with them. O an D on their heels. Gotta figure it out. Who has more grit here?

D looks bad. Not in position repeatedly. Too much party not enough prep. Too bad, could have been a good season.

Huskies should watch that play. Thats how you block the option.
Or don’t watch your own game tape. Always hit the QB. Never veer off to the pitchman. You have teammates, do your job and let them do theirs.

Matteer exposed? Under pressure can’t make the throw. Disciplined lanes keeps him contained

Mateer’s effort needs a response from the D. All rides on them stuffing SJSU. I’m not optimistic

Mateer hasn’t quit. Good to see a moment of life from the OL too.

Now I need to see something from the D. Getting some pressure home would be nice. A takeaway would be even better.

I hate to say this but we gotta be careful on how we got at them on defense.

This is where they could kill us on one play.

Disguise and attack, but not over and over

Reactions: ATACFD
This is why I miss the Price defense. A lackluster D makes me more mad than a mush offense. Then again, my formative years were strong WSU Ds.

I hate to say this but we gotta be careful on how we got at them on defense.

This is where they could kill us on one play.

Disguise and attack, but not over and over
The blitz has been worthless, leaving our below average DBs on islands to be beat. SJSU wants to chew clock, be prepared for the run.

The blitz has been worthless, leaving our below average DBs on islands to be beat. SJSU wants to chew clock, be prepared for the run.
I don’t think they’ll go run heavy, we can stop that. We’ve shown little ability to stop the short passing game, they’ll stick with that….and if we suck up they’ll burn us deep. Too soon to try to sit on a lead.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT