ADVERTISEMENT

Good perspective on points we left on the table...

How_did_this_happen?

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 3, 2012

I was concerned we'd underperformed offensively yesterday. I thought 30-40 points. Happy with what we did. The TD return for the touchdown sounded a bit tainted by a hold. I didn't see most of the game, so I don't know. True? Anyway, very solid game.

If we can't run the ball against Wisconsin, Ward will be running for his life all day. He had time to throw against CSU, doubt he will have that time this week if we can't run the ball.

If we can't run the ball against Wisconsin, Ward will be running for his life all day. He had time to throw against CSU, doubt he will have that time this week if we can't run the ball.
Arbuckle will earn his money this week. Gonna take some creativity to get Watson and Jenkins loose. I agree they need to find a way, you can’t be one dimensional against a defense that has athletes on all three levels. And slip/bubble screens aren’t the same as a run. There’s a half dozen + teams on the schedule this applies to so we will know on Saturday if we are a 6 win team or an 8-10 win team.

Keep in mind, I don't think we "opened up" the offense vs. CSU. We still did a lot of "dink and dunk" stuff - Dickert must love this - and I didn't see much over the middle.

Reactions: kougkurt
Keep in mind, I don't think we "opened up" the offense vs. CSU. We still did a lot of "dink and dunk" stuff - Dickert must love this - and I didn't see much over the middle.
The offense moved the ball pretty consistently after the first series. CSU was handing us yards with their zone coverage. 556 yards, 11/17 third down conversions, 37 minutes of TOP, 50 points, and putting some trick play nonsense on film for Wisconsin to see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT