ADVERTISEMENT

Grad transfers for next year

Chances are Cooper will be fine, but according to Coach Spurrier, none of the 3 Thursday night QBs (Cooper, Bledsoe, Neville) have emerged or distinguished themselves from each other. They've all had their good moments but lack consistency. I would've hoped that Cooper would be clearly ahead of the other two by now even though Bledsoe & Neville have an additional year in the system. Lots can and will happen between now and next fall, and I'm hoping Cooper improves immeasurably.

Glad Cougar

The Cougs went the grad transfer route after the tragedy that occurred at the start of the year. Right now WSU has three QBs who could start and a solid recruit in the fold. No need to go the transfer route for a QB. I wonder how many grad transfer play other positions. Are there any D-linemen who want an extra year?

Chances are Cooper will be fine, but according to Coach Spurrier, none of the 3 Thursday night QBs (Cooper, Bledsoe, Neville) have emerged or distinguished themselves from each other. They've all had their good moments but lack consistency. I would've hoped that Cooper would be clearly ahead of the other two by now even though Bledsoe & Neville have an additional year in the system. Lots can and will happen between now and next fall, and I'm hoping Cooper improves immeasurably.

Glad Cougar
Remember they also said this about the QBs well into camp this year. I don’t think they want any of these guys resting on their laurels. We might not have a repeat of what minshew delivered but I’d wager someind will step up and we will be fine.

I am no expert on QB development, but it seems as though when a QB finally "gets it": becomes accustomed to the speed of the game, develops some touch on his throws, gets confident in throwing ahead of a receiver's cut, learns to read defenses...and some other things I am forgetting right now...when that happens, it seems as though all of a sudden he takes a giant leap. That isn't really what happens, because it was usually a long process to get to that point, but it seems that way. The question in my mind for this spring is which one will put it all together. They each have pieces, but not a complete jigsaw puzzle at this point.

Glad Cougar

FWIW, when I was at the CU game a few weeks back, Gordon, Tinsley and Cooper were hanging out together on the sideline throughout the game. I don't remember seeing Neville or Bledsoe. I think that says a lot about who the odd men out are when it comes to future rotations.

The Cougs went the grad transfer route after the tragedy that occurred at the start of the year. Right now WSU has three QBs who could start and a solid recruit in the fold. No need to go the transfer route for a QB. I wonder how many grad transfer play other positions. Are there any D-linemen who want an extra year?

We caught lightning in a bottle with Minshew. The odds of doing so again are minuscule. But, if you think you can get the right guy, why not? It's a one year scholarship. Even if the grad transfer doesn't work out, in theory you're improving competition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT