ADVERTISEMENT

Halftime show.... yawn 🥱

To me, it really was a dance show. Watching a dance show is not my thing. So yeah, boring.

Reactions: 79COUG
Guess we are old All the 30 somethings said it was the best HT show ever. I thought it was terrible.

the halftime show didn’t do a lot for me either. I will say if you are complaining about how entertaining Usher was while bitching about the 45 seconds they had a camera on Taylor during the game that’s pretty GD funny.

Guess we are old All the 30 somethings said it was the best HT show ever. I thought it was terrible.
I thought it was pretty good, and it's been a long time since I could call myself as 30-something.

You can't expect Janet Jackson's nipple every time....

I turned over to Gunsmoke during halftime.

Really good game. Boy though - I missed some of the commercials (apparently all the good ones), because the ones I saw were either lame or meh. Can't believe any of those advertisers paid $7 million for 30 seconds.

How boring.
Michael Jackson he ain't.
There was a show at halftime. Wow, I didn't realize that. Seems like some PAC basketball or something else was more important. Managed to tune back in about 30 seconds before 2nd half kickoff.

And you can color me underwhelmed about the quality of the commercials. So many of them seemed to reference inside jokes/info/information that you needed to know who it was and what their claim to fame was/music/movie/TV/criminal charge/whatever was before the commercial made sense. And I didn't know so many of those folks. More humor, less stupidity. Please!

There was a show at halftime. Wow, I didn't realize that. Seems like some PAC basketball or something else was more important. Managed to tune back in about 30 seconds before 2nd half kickoff.

And you can color me underwhelmed about the quality of the commercials. So many of them seemed to reference inside jokes/info/information that you needed to know who it was and what their claim to fame was/music/movie/TV/criminal charge/whatever was before the commercial made sense. And I didn't know so many of those folks. More humor, less stupidity. Please!
Yeah. I told my wife that I miss when the Super Bowl commercials were beer, coke, and Pepsi….and had a sense of humor. Yesterday was pretty lame.

Reactions: Coug90
At least it woke me up from the nap Jim Nantz put me in.
How were you able to only mute Romo? I need that technology! God that guy is horrendous.

Side note my next great tv streaming idea. You should be able to watch live sports and have them announced by your favorite historical tv commentators with AI generated commentary. I would have happily paid $20 to watch that game and listen to Dick Endberg and Merlin Olsen or Madden/Summeral call it rather than listening do Romos dreck.

How were you able to only mute Romo? I need that technology! God that guy is horrendous.

Side note my next great tv streaming idea. You should be able to watch live sports and have them announced by your favorite historical tv commentators with AI generated commentary. I would have happily paid $20 to watch that game and listen to Dick Endberg and Merlin Olsen or Madden/Summeral call it rather than listening do Romos dreck.
Nantz put me into that deep of sleep, lol.

MLB TV has the option you can listen to the game with TV or radio broadcasters. You would think something like Paramount+ (or other services) would allow viewers to listen to their home broadcasters during something as large as the Super Bowl.

Nantz put me into that deep of sleep, lol.

MLB TV has the option you can listen to the game with TV or radio broadcasters. You would think something like Paramount+ (or other services) would allow viewers to listen to their home broadcasters during something as large as the Super Bowl.
During my travels last week I heard SiriusXM radio pimping that they had channels that would allow you to listen to the home town announcers broadcast the Super Bowl. No idea if they would be exactly synched up to the network video feeds. I know that in times past when listening to Bob Robertson the radio and TV feeds would be a few seconds off.

During my travels last week I heard SiriusXM radio pimping that they had channels that would allow you to listen to the home town announcers broadcast the Super Bowl. No idea if they would be exactly synched up to the network video feeds. I know that in times past when listening to Bob Robertson the radio and TV feeds would be a few seconds off.
Interesting. I believe Kevin Harlan calls the Super Bowl for Westwood One, which is a major upgrade from NantzZz.

If the MLB can figure out how to sync the games perfectly radio and video, I'd hope CBS would be able to as well.

Sports radio has maybe a 3 second delay. Live TV something like 7 seconds thanks to Janet and her nipple.

If you only muted Romo, it would be pretty much silent. I'm not sure that guy inhaled during the entire broadcast.

And Keith Jackson on all Coug games.

Reactions: Coug90
If you only muted Romo, it would be pretty much silent. I'm not sure that guy inhaled during the entire broadcast.
I never liked him. People are finally coming around to what a turd he is. That will be his last Super Bowl no way he’s their #1 color guy in 3 years.

I never liked him. People are finally coming around to what a turd he is. That will be his last Super Bowl no way he’s their #1 color guy in 3 years.
Romo signed a 10 year/180m deal in 2020. He'll be around for a bit.

Romo signed a 10 year/180m deal in 2020. He'll be around for a bit.

He might be around, but he won’t be in the booth for another SB. I can almost guarantee you that. That was an embarrassment on Sunday and you don’t get redos on that stage. Why these networks are paying that kind of money when they’d have the same amount of viewers with anyone calling the game is crazy to me.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG

My soon-to-be 86-year-old uncle said practically the same thing!

Happy Hour Party GIF by Two Lane Brewing

Speaking of beer and commercials, how 'bout this one Stretch

The Good Old Days in WA

Ads in this year's Super Bowl were $7 million for 30 seconds.

I doubt Rainier spent $7 million on ad production from 1975-1985, and their commercials were better. The one above, the long series with the wild Rainiers, etc....they were clear, distinct, and cheap.

Problem with commercials is clients these days won't allow the smart people (copywriters, creative directors, etc.) to help them get the message across.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT