ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Flat!

Looks like the tornado season is in prime season. Keep safe man.

Thanks for the thoughts. All sorts of weather excitement in Kansas this week. Huge stovepipe tornado the other day by Dodge City and a 1/2 mile wide wedge tornado about 90 miles north of where I live yesterday. The forecast for my area today is thunderstorms firing up around 1:30 pm with chances of hail and tornadoes after 4 pm when everything is nice and soupy. It is brutal outside right now. Already 77° with 86% humidity. Those are the kind of numbers that make football so brutal in the southeastern US in the fall. If we get any amount of sun to warm things up......it's gonna get ugly.

The good news is that most of Kansas is rural and the vast majority of tornadoes don't do anything but look impressive. I finally saw my first tornado in person last year and it was still miles away. Here is a pic (not mine) of the one I saw last year:

2015-07-13-084.jpg

Here is the stovepipe tornado that was near Dodge City:

CjUPJsbUoAAelma.jpg

The Wedge Tornado near Solomon:

CjWCBxpXEAE1n4m.jpg
'

Personally, I find tornadoes exciting and have always wanted to go stormchasing. The wife thinks I'm an idiot (a feeling probably shared on here for a variety of reasons :D)..

I lived in Oklahoma for most of my 20's and have been in SoCal since '88. I'll take the earthquakes over the tornados any day. Hard to imagine more uncontrolled kinetic energy than a tornado. You get in the way of one of those and you may as well be glad that your will is up to date.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT