ADVERTISEMENT

Highest rated get ever? Sure it’s a transfer……..

These are Oregon backups, who are MWC or P2 all conference team guys. Great pickups. Kind of a testament to guys learning that it’s better to play at a top 50 school than sit on the bench at a top 20. Good job by Dickert and co. We really needed that linebacker.

Reactions: Coug90
Really nice gets. It's kind of amazing to me how finally, after all these years and *after* NIL becomes so prominent, guys seem to finally be realizing that actually getting on the field is worth a great deal. For years, it seemed like we couldn't get our share of transfers like this, even though we had opportunities for guys to get on the field in P5.

The LB is the highest rated non offensive, non offensive SKILL guy, WSU has gotten NUMBER OF STARS RANKING WISE, since the star ranking system started, that WSU has gotten.

Sure WSU has gotten Estes(Safety that busted, but was a 4 star), and 3,4, 3.5 star HENLY, and QB, WR's, RB, etc, that 4 stars, but a 4 star LB transfer from a Oregon type is indeed, has been super rare in past.

So far last year, Dickert got a hell of a lot of 3.5 star REPLACEMENTS, to replace the LOTS that entered transfer portal last year.

And Dickert has done the same this recruiting cycle.

His HS recruits were all 3 stars, 3.5 stars, and one of the better HS recruiting classes WSU has gotten in a long time.

And then now Dickert is adding to that, thru Portal pick ups like these and others, and will probably continue to pick up highly rated transfers from transfer portal.

So while some have said NIL, Transfer Portal, being left behind by the 10, schedule alliance with MWC, etc, would be the death of WSU, Dickert is proving that wrong, and still recruiting AWESOMELY.

And this awesome level of recruiting will do AWESOME in a MWC schedule.

It was probably a silver lining blessing in disguise that WSU started 4-0 and then went 5-7, and didn't have Dickert goto Michigan St, and now has Dickert continuing to do AWESOME recruiting, that will probably help WSU to do awesome over next 1,2 years in MWC schedule to be better able to either rebuild PAC, or join ACC, etc.

If WSU had had to hire another HC, there would have probably been about 50% chance that WSU would have made a semi bad hire and done badly in MWC schedule, etc.

The sky is definitely not falling, and Dickert is helping, will continue to help WSU to be, continue to be a AWESOME minor league farm team that recruits awesomely, wins a lot, develops players and then has those players either goto NFL or go play at Bama types for big NIL deals, and then RELOAD, rinse, wash, repeat.

So what's this all about? Oregon, of all places? Weren't going to start?
why would HS kids go to oregon anymore? especially a qb, they hav shown that they are going to buy a new qb and anything else they need each year, no more developement

I still hate the portal and the NIL.....but the last month has shown that WSU isn't going to be hurt as bad as I initially feared. We are still likely to have our highest performers approached with NIL deals but we have to hope that our collective eventually gets robust enough to allow us to compete at least marginally for some of them.

Interesting, doesn't appear as though he was on the 2 deeps at LB at Louisville, unless I misread it.

I still hate the portal and the NIL.....but the last month has shown that WSU isn't going to be hurt as bad as I initially feared. We are still likely to have our highest performers approached with NIL deals but we have to hope that our collective eventually gets robust enough to allow us to compete at least marginally for some of them.
Yea, I think when the dust settles, the same relative pecking order is going to exist. WSU will be competing with programs ranked in the 35-65 range, same as we've always done. We have a great campus environment and a legacy that will keep us in the mix for good QB talent.

I mentioned before that I've worked a fair amount at most of the P12 and MWC schools over the years. WSU presents very well. There isn't a MWC program that shows better, except maybe SDSU due to San Diego being awesome.

You guys have pretty much said it all. In the "playing time vs. money" derby, now that the dollars are bigger and the pressure on the staff is accordingly greater, anybody who is not a locked up starter is expendable as long as there is always a stream of cash to buy another player from somewhere else. The potential fallacies in that logic are clear, but the increased pressure on staffs to win now seems to be overpowering all else.

I look at one of the teams fastest out of the gate with the NIL bribes (Texas A&M) and consider how ineffective all that money was when the dust settled...I like where we are at present...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT