ADVERTISEMENT

How many are feeling

froropmkr72

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2004
like Minshew's gonna get a couple of Heisman moments before the year ends. This is regarding Scott's article. I have this feeling he delivers twice. Lightning in a bottle doesn't happen very often in college football....but this may be the closest it gets to WSU. There's a little magic going here.

Reactions: Cougzz
I was just thinking about this yesterday and today. He really needs to light it up these last few weeks and put up some gaudy numbers to gain more attention. I have a feeling he will be able to achieve that this week and next but the Apple Cup may look more like the Cal or Utah game. Here's to hoping he can light the college football world on fire these next few weeks.

Looks like the weather in Boulder tomorrow will be nice. Between the nice weather and there beat up secondary I say he goes for 440+ yards with 3 td. Williams and Borghi will have big days in the flat. With the Espn showing and 1230 start this will be a huge game for Minshew's chances.

Reactions: earldacoug
Both Minshew and the team will continue to sit on the cusp of Heisman talk and the CFP until the team can show some dominance over a couple opponents. A statement win by Minshew and the Cougs in the Apple cup would elevate both. However, if we squeek by all 3 of our next opponents, I won't complain one bit. Same with Leach, as he stated in his most recent interview that he hasn't even paid attention to the CFP picture.

like Minshew's gonna get a couple of Heisman moments before the year ends. This is regarding Scott's article. I have this feeling he delivers twice. Lightning in a bottle doesn't happen very often in college football....but this may be the closest it gets to WSU. There's a little magic going here.

One thing I love about Minshew is winning comes above all else. He’s audibled to runs a bunch of times down inside the 10 and we have like 16 rushing TDS. Probably doesn’t help his Heisman chances to not have the gaudy TD numbers that Murray does, But we keep winning and that’s what matters. If he keeps making good decisions we will run the table and be 12-1, but he may not have 5 TDS every game

My fave quality about Minshew is the dude is clutch. Whether its a huge conversion or a 4th quarter drive....the moment is not too big for him. Rare quality .

Reactions: M-I-Coug
I think the Apple Cup will be where he separates himself.

I think he will do great against CU, put up big numbers against Arizona, but if he throttles UW that’s when the “He’s done things that WSU/Program hasn’t done/doesn’t do very often” conversation starts to happen.

If he gets a revenge win against USC for the Pac 12 title I think he’s hard to deny.

Even with Tua playing well. I think the story is too compelling. Even against what Tua has done.

Here is a 5th year graduate transfer. Who goes to a school on the other side of the country, who doesn’t even get a full off season with the team, becomes the starter after a tragedy, rallies the team with Charisma and poise and goes on to beat everybody winning the Pac 12 slaying the annoying in state rival leading the program to its highest win total ever and avenges his robbed victory over USC to lead the nation is passing, capture the Pac 12 title.

What did Tua do? Won the title on a team that always is good, and continued to do good on a nationally blue blood team. Is he a good player. Yes.

But the Heisman is about the best player in all of college football for a given year. How many players could do what Minshew has done? I don’t think any if the story goes how I described.

Tua couldn’t just walk into WSU and lead like that.

Kyle Murray? Nope.

Both are good QBs but what Minshew is doing is extraordinary. And that is what the Heisman is for. The extraordinary player who did the extraordinary. And that is Minshew.

Reactions: M-I-Coug and 79COUG

I think he will do great against CU, put up big numbers against Arizona, but if he throttles UW that’s when the “He’s done things that WSU/Program hasn’t done/doesn’t do very often” conversation starts to happen.

If he gets a revenge win against USC for the Pac 12 title I think he’s hard to deny.

Even with Tua playing well. I think the story is too compelling. Even against what Tua has done.

Here is a 5th year graduate transfer. Who goes to a school on the other side of the country, who doesn’t even get a full off season with the team, becomes the starter after a tragedy, rallies the team with Charisma and poise and goes on to beat everybody winning the Pac 12 slaying the annoying in state rival leading the program to its highest win total ever and avenges his robbed victory over USC to lead the nation is passing, capture the Pac 12 title.

What did Tua do? Won the title on a team that always is good, and continued to do good on a nationally blue blood team. Is he a good player. Yes.

But the Heisman is about the best player in all of college football for a given year. How many players could do what Minshew has done? I don’t think any if the story goes how I described.

Kyle Murray? Nope.

Both are good QBs but what Minshew is doing is extraordinary. And that is what the Heisman is for. The extraordinary player who did the extraordinary. And that is Minshew.
I completely agree but they will go by stats and where the teams finish. Alabama unlikely to have a loss...maybe Georgia beats them but doubtful. And Tuas stats are other worldly.

If he goes to NY that would be a story in itself.

Kyle Murray? Nope.

Actually, who the Heisman is SUPPOSED to be given to is the player that has meant the most to his team, who is most important to his team. That is how it was set up for years. And as Leach has said, if you give out that trophy to the player based on how it's SUPPOSED to be given, then no one in college football deserves it more that Minshew....no one.

Actually, who the Heisman is SUPPOSED to be given to is the player that has meant the most to his team, who is most important to his team. That is how it was set up for years. And as Leach has said, if you give out that trophy to the player based on how it's SUPPOSED to be given, then no one in college football deserves it more that Minshew....no one.

Agree...no one is more deserving to this point of the season

I completely agree but they will go by stats and where the teams finish. Alabama unlikely to have a loss...maybe Georgia beats them but doubtful. And Tuas stats are other worldly.

If he goes to NY that would be a story in itself.

I don't know that Tua's stats are that great. 42% as many passes as Gawdner, with a lower completion % #21 in total yards, Gawdner is #1. They have the same # of passing TD's. I looked at ESPN's QBR thing, and think it is complete BS. Tua is in the 90's and Gawdner way down the list at 80? Whatever.

Too bad we couldn't put Gawdner and Tua in each others shoes and see how they both did. I know what I think.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT