ADVERTISEMENT

I don't even care that were gonna lose

Fab5Coug

Hall Of Fame
Nov 10, 2007
This season was stupid and pointless anyway. Really could have done without the ridiculous Couged it meltdown this year though.

This really feels like a Bill Doba season.

This is just a rant.

Reactions: Slowmotionjones
I hear ya. Always over emotional during a game and angry when it is fresh.

First time ever I could give 2 sh!ts though. never really cared today even seeing the inevitable happen..

This season never mattered and so the Cougs played a few scrimmages while not getting near enough practice for a new O and D.

yay

Reactions: 79COUG and 702coug
I hear ya. Always over emotional during a game and angry when it is fresh.

First time ever I could give 2 sh!ts though. never really cared today even seeing the inevitable happen..

This season never mattered and so the Cougs played a few scrimmages while not getting near enough practice for a new O and D.

yay

The season might not have mattered but you don't want the team mailing it in a half early. That was that loser talk I was complaining about earlier in the week.

Seems the method of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory are back.

I really wanted to see the team come out in 3Q and shut the door, and they did the exact opposite.

Reactions: earldacoug
This season was stupid and pointless anyway. Really could have done without the ridiculous Couged it meltdown this year though.

This really feels like a Bill Doba season.

This is just a rant.

More like a Price season. Get ahead and hang on for dear life.

Reactions: CougSinceBirth
I didn’t feel like the team mailed it in. Terrible execution and play calling on offense in the 2nd half. So many ways we could have used Borghi against an aggressive front 7.

I didn’t feel like the team mailed it in. Terrible execution and play calling on offense in the 2nd half. So many ways we could have used Borghi against an aggressive front 7.
Borghi just had the biggest fumble by an important WSU running back in decades

Jamal Morrow, who was always one of my favorite players, had a big one in a key game a couple of years ago....just can't recall the exact circumstances, but it was in a season where the games mattered a hell of a lot more than this one.

Glad Cougar

Reactions: 702coug
Feels like a season of abridged playbook, rotating players who can actually suit up and just getting game experience and competitive reps. It’s a rebuild top down. Patience is required. I’ve said it before but no one can know what effect this season has on the mental state of these players. the best you can hope is they end with a fire to come back stronger next season. Never thought I’d be glad to see a season end but hell...how bout those Coug hoops!

Reactions: SDCoug and sellas

Dude, nothing about this game was important. Nothing. We were missing 34 players. Rolo had to call a timeout in the 2nd half because we were out of available defensive linemen and safeties.

Borghi hadn’t had any live reps in a year and he got squared up on a great hit. That wasn’t why we lost.

Jamal Morrow, who was always one of my favorite players, had a big one in a key game a couple of years ago....just can't recall the exact circumstances, but it was in a season where the games mattered a hell of a lot more than this one.

Glad Cougar
That is why the qualifier of "important" running back. Murrow was "just a guy"

Rypien INTs in 4th quarter 1984 Apple Cup
Rosenbach crapping the bed in last seconds vs ASU at home.

That is why the qualifier of "important" running back. Murrow was "just a guy"

Rypien INTs in 4th quarter 1984 Apple Cup
Rosenbach crapping the bed in last seconds vs ASU at home.

Stop it. Morrow was most certainly not "just a guy".

Reactions: 32eekortS
They played not to lose, most of the time when you do that you lose. First possession 2nd half. Three straight runs for net total of one yard. You have to keep your foot on the gas, or you see what we saw in the 2nd half

Last edited:
Reactions: FnuLnu
They played not to lose, most of the time when you do that you lose. First possession 2nd half. Three straight ribs for net total of one yard. You have to keep your foot on the gas, or you see what we saw in the 2nd half

I knew after that possession it was done. It was straight surrender cobra playcalling, praying to hold onto the game. Maybe it’s a combo of some of the past let downs but it was in the ether at that point.

I missed it (holiday function) but I was GOBSMACKED to learn we went into halftime up 3 scores, and gave up 38 points to a perennially constipated Utah team to close it out. I’m willing to believe roster depletion was the biggest cause, but I simply don’t buy that it was the only significant factor. I mean FFS, Utah scored like 2.2 points for every minute of game clock they had the ball. Put a peewee team on the field and that’s about what I would expect to shake out.

Glad Cougar
Loved Morrow too; I believe it was an apple cup. turned the tide of the game...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT