ADVERTISEMENT

Doesn’t matter if you love or hate him

chugspig

Hall Of Fame
Nov 5, 2011
Ward HAS to stop taking tackles on 4th down instead of trying for a contested catch, run, int, penalty. How many times has he done this? I can recall at least 5 this season. It’s ridiculous you’d even have to teach a college player not to do that let alone a high schooler. And on other downs, making the wrong the decision a few times is better than trying to find the perfect decision everytime. Paralysis by analysis. A few times he could have got the first down with his legs, thought to throw, tucked it, ran backwards, took a hit/fumbled around and threw it out or got sacked. This isn’t NFL blitz.

Pretty physically talented
Between the ears he’s a roller coaster ride though

Reactions: BiggsCoug
Ward HAS to stop taking tackles on 4th down instead of trying for a contested catch, run, int, penalty. How many times has he done this? I can recall at least 5 this season. It’s ridiculous you’d even have to teach a college player not to do that let alone a high schooler. And on other downs, making the wrong the decision a few times is better than trying to find the perfect decision everytime. Paralysis by analysis. A few times he could have got the first down with his legs, thought to throw, tucked it, ran backwards, took a hit/fumbled around and threw it out or got sacked. This isn’t NFL blitz.

Please name the five.

Don’t have thr same criticism for a LT that gets a zero grade? Or a safety that gets beat like a rented mule?

Well running out of bounds on 4th down was stupid, and wasn't there a guy open not far downfield? Throw it way high down by the endzone and have a jump ball.

Well running out of bounds on 4th down was stupid, and wasn't there a guy open not far downfield? Throw it way high down by the endzone and have a jump ball.
It doesn’t matter if a guy is open or not. If you are competing and trying to win you find a white jersey and throw it in the vicinity. If you are worried about your stats you step out of bounds and don’t try. That was a BS effort.

Reactions: spongeandshoot
Please name the five.

Don’t have thr same criticism for a LT that gets a zero grade? Or a safety that gets beat like a rented mule?

Our offensive line is terrible. Ward makes the situation worse.

As for the defensive backs, I will say that Sam Lockett III may want to consider calling in sick when they review film. That is not going to be a fun session. He sucked today and the only good hit that he laid was on a teammate. He was terrible.

Reactions: MikeFingLeach
Please name the five.

I expect more out of Ward than I do Esa Pole and his 1 yr of football or Sam Lockett. Those guys sucking has nothing to do with not surrender cobra-ing out of bound on 4th down instead of throwing a ball up or running for a first.

I expect more out of Ward than I do Esa Pole and his 1 yr of football or Sam Lockett. Those guys sucking has nothing to do with not surrender cobra-ing out of bound on 4th down instead of throwing a ball up or running for a first.
So you can’t name the five?

Let me go watch 7 games of film so I can get the correct down and distance and time. No I can’t name the exact time but he has absolutely done it.
Thanks for confirming you can’t name the five.

Thanks for confirming you can’t name the five.
I don’t understand, are you disputing he didn’t do this yesterday and hasn’t in the past? Or are you just saying I can’t point out the exact times when he did it up to number 5? Because he certainly has and does do it. I don’t get what you are defending.

I don’t understand, are you disputing he didn’t do this yesterday and hasn’t in the past? Or are you just saying I can’t point out the exact times when he did it up to number 5? Because he certainly has and does do it. I don’t get what you are defending.

He's an attorney and so he tries to argue minutae and makes a ridiculous request in an attempt to create a Gotcha moment because he can't refute the main point of your statement.

He's an attorney and so he tries to argue minutae and makes a ridiculous request in an attempt to create a Gotcha moment because he can't refute the main point of your statement.
Pretty odd. I can state Gabe Marks caught 10 great TDs in his final year, and he could say name them, and I wouldn’t be able to tell you when, where, or at what time of the game they happened besides maybe the UCLA one. Even then I don’t remember time or down. But that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. I have been thoroughly owned by d gibbons, Cam Wards attorney and publicist.

Pretty odd. I can state Gabe Marks caught 10 great TDs in his final year, and he could say name them, and I wouldn’t be able to tell you when, where, or at what time of the game they happened besides maybe the UCLA one. Even then I don’t remember time or down. But that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. I have been thoroughly owned by d gibbons, Cam Wards attorney and publicist.
I am like you, in that I also recall a number of times that Ward has either run out of bounds or thrown the ball away to avoid the yardage loss on either 3rd or 4th down when we desperately needed to keep a drive alive. And no, I cannot cite exact games, times, or location on the field, but I do recall yelling at the tv or towards the field to throw it down the field. Even if it is intercepted it would function as essentially a punt if it is thrown long. Maybe even better than a punt.

At least he hasn't spiked the ball to stop the clock on a 4th down.

If only there was a website where game summaries were posted that included drive charts.

So far, you’re 1 for 5. Right on the Mendoza line.

Pesky details like you not knowing what a bubble screen is.

Pesky details like you not knowing what a bubble screen is.

Clearly you don't. You are projecting.

You also don't get that the success of any wr screen whether it be a regular wr screen, tunnel screen, or your favorite...bubble depends on the threat of the deep ball.

No threat of the deep ball, then the D can just sit there and wait...like they did yesterday.

And since you like asking people to go back and count how many times and when X happened, here is your assignment:

Tell me how many yards all of our lateral passes gained in total.

I'll let you even throw in the swing pass to Watson to pad the stats.

If by final year you mean his junior year, where he caught a game winner as time expired against UCLA, then you’re all over it.

Is that enough for you to realize that your recollection is subpar?

Clearly you don't. You are projecting.

You also don't get that the success of any wr screen whether it be a regular wr screen, tunnel screen, or your favorite...bubble depends on the threat of the deep ball.

No threat of the deep ball, then the D can just sit there and wait...like they did yesterday.

And since you like asking people to go back and count how many times and when X happened, here is your assignment:

Tell me how many yards all of our lateral passes gained in total.

I'll let you even throw in the swing pass to Watson to pad the stats.
Do your own work. Drive charts are easy to find.

Do your own work. Drive charts are easy to find.
Sure they are, but do they tell you exactly what is being disputed here? Not to my knowledge. I have used espn and fox sports before, not looked all over the net, so maybe you can just provide info on a better source.

As an example, I believe it was on our next to last drive that ended with Ward running out of bounds. the text reads "Cameron Ward sacked by Evan Williams for a loss of 3 yards to the Oregon 11". So from that description it provides no help as to what actually happened on the play. Was he leveled by a blind side blitz, sacked after 5 seconds as he decided to run, or did he get chased out of bounds without tossing the ball up for grabs just before leaving the field of play? You need ESP to know for a fact from that summary.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
If only there was a website where game summaries were posted that included drive charts.

So far, you’re 1 for 5. Right on the Mendoza line.
Lol you are kind of creeping me out. This topic really cut to your core. Why would I go dig through old game summaries? We all know it happened and continues to happen. Not sure why you are so mad.

Sure they are, but do they tell you exactly what is being disputed here? Not to my knowledge. I have used espn and fox sports before, not looked all over the net, so maybe you can just provide info on a better source.

As an example, I believe it was on our next to last drive that ended with Ward running out of bounds. the text reads "Cameron Ward sacked by Evan Williams for a loss of 3 yards to the Oregon 11". So from that description it provides no help as to what actually happened on the play. Was he leveled by a blind side blitz, sacked after 5 seconds as he decided to run, or did he get chased out of bounds without tossing the ball up for grabs just before leaving the field of play? You need ESP to know for a fact from that summary.
So, if he’s hit within the field of play does that mean he ran the ball out of bounds?

And this would tell you down, distance and game time if you wanted to rewatch the game for Ward to “run out of bounds.” And running out of bounds would be scored as a team sack.

Last edited:
Nice deflection.

But you had no other option because you proved my point.
Since you’re lazy, go ahead and just use your keen football mind and tremendous football IQ, and just tell us. Or are you too lazy for even that?

Lol you are kind of creeping me out. This topic really cut to your core. Why would I go dig through old game summaries? We all know it happened and continues to happen. Not sure why you are so mad.
What am I mad about? That you don’t know what you’re talking about? Nothing to be angry about there.

Since you’re lazy, go ahead and just use your keen football mind and tremendous football IQ, and just tell us. Or are you too lazy for even that?

The fact that you don't even see that you proved my point is hilarious.

I would quit if I were you.

How is Ward's QB rating this year vs last year at this time? Wouldn't that be helpful to the argument about Ward's performance? Objective data.

How is Ward's QB rating this year vs last year at this time? Wouldn't that be helpful to the argument about Ward's performance? Objective data.
What would being up across the board prove when Ward would never be able to meet Biggs’ unstated expectations, Flatland claims he doesn’t have the “it” factor, or when 95 won’t even admit he’s the best QB on the roster?

What would being up across the board prove when Ward would never be able to meet Biggs’ unstated expectations, Flatland claims he doesn’t have the “it” factor, or when 95 won’t even admit he’s the best QB on the roster?

Is he letting you drive around Pullman in his NIL truck or something?

I'm not as down on Ward as some...I don't think he has had good coaching ..but geez dude...any criticism and you are Johnny on the Spot.

So, if he’s hit within the field of play does that mean he ran the ball out of bounds?

And this would tell you down, distance and game time if you wanted to rewatch the game for Ward to “run out of bounds.” And running out of bounds would be scored as a team sack.
If, as often happens in a game, Ward is on his way out of bounds but gets popped as he takes his last step in bounds, then yes. I consider that running out of bounds since he is giving up the opportunity to fling it downfield where a teammate can make a play on the ball. And in that instance, I believe it would be an individually credited sack rather than a team sack. Could be wrong on that, but it is what makes sense.

You can

Why would you even make this argument. Whether he “ran” out of bounds or was pushed out is irrelevant. Did he have a chance to chuck it, even if it was up for grabs? You know the answer to that and that’s all that matters. That’s what you do in that situation when you are playing QB. He made a business decision…why? Not sure but it doesn’t say much for how he competes.

You can

Why would you even make this argument. Whether he “ran” out of bounds or was pushed out is irrelevant. Did he have a chance to chuck it, even if it was up for grabs? You know the answer to that and that’s all that matters. That’s what you do in that situation when you are playing QB. He made a business decision…why? Not sure but it doesn’t say much for how he competes.
Exactly. He had time to chuck it up but ran it out of bounds. The hit at the very end is meaningless.

So he f'd-up bigtime, major brain fart.

You can

What does playing every meaningful snap this season and last season behind a line that can't block say about how he competes? And it's quite obvious that if Ward just threw it up for grabs, you'd bitch about that too.

What does playing every meaningful snap this season and last season behind a line that can't block say about how he competes? And it's quite obvious that if Ward just threw it up for grabs, you'd bitch about that too.
FWIW they were graded 5th in pass blocking against Oregon. Previous two weeks not so much, but your statement that they “can’t block” is false. They can’t run block and they are inconsistent pass blocking, I’ll give you that, but there’s plenty of games over the past two years where the pass blocking has been fine.

Why is it obvious that I’d bitch about ward throwing it up for grabs on a 4th down where we had to convert to keep the game alive? It’s situational football, there’s one thing you do there and getting pushed OB ain’t it. You think I’d complain if a QB threw a pick on an offside/free play? It’s more or less the same thing. Disagree with me all you want but save the “you’d bitch about it anyway” crap for the Biggs’ of the board who actually do bitch about everything.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT