ADVERTISEMENT

I hope our players learn from this

Flatlandcoug

Hall Of Fame
Aug 14, 2007
Wichita, Kansas
In case you haven't seen it, Logan Tago has accepted a plea bargain for his involvement in the theft of beer and assault on a fellow student last summer. It's a Class C Felony and he has to serve somewhere between 20 and 30 days in jail and pay an $800 fine.

Hope that beer was worth it?

I hope our players look at the crap that their teammates went through in the past year and realize that getting bored in the summer and putting yourself in harm's way just isn't worth it, particularly in a town like Pullman. Hoping for a spring and summer without any news.

In case you haven't seen it, Logan Tago has accepted a plea bargain for his involvement in the theft of beer and assault on a fellow student last summer. It's a Class C Felony and he has to serve somewhere between 20 and 30 days in jail and pay an $800 fine.

I hope our players look at the crap that their teammates went through in the past year and realize that getting bored in the summer and putting yourself in harm's way just isn't worth it, particularly in a town like Pullman. Hoping for a spring and summer without any news.

And been suspended from the team indefinitely

And been suspended from the team indefinitely

Maybe the "indefinite suspension" will be one game like Coach K did for his player repeatedly tripping people. But since they play way more basketball games than football,maybe it should only be for one quarter or at most a half :>)

The second-degree felony robbery charge was reduced to third-degree assault, a felony. I'm pretty sure he won't be around for spring ball. I'm not sure he'll ever see the field again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cougzz
I interpret this "indefinite suspension" to mean that they will review his case after he has spent his month in the can, paid the $800 fine and done the 240 hours of community service. I am assuming that the court will let him do his jail time after this semester. If so he would not be able to be reinstated until the first of July, thus no Spring practice. If he has to do the confinement prior to that then he would not be able to attend school this semester and thus also no Spring practice. Don't see how this circle can be squared. My gut tells me that he does the community service and pays the fine during this semester, does his 30 days confinement in June and reapplies for reinstatement thereafter. Back for Fall camp at best and that depends on what Leach and Moos decide.

I interpret this "indefinite suspension" to mean that they will review his case after he has spent his month in the can, paid the $800 fine and done the 240 hours of community service. I am assuming that the court will let him do his jail time after this semester. If so he would not be able to be reinstated until the first of July, thus no Spring practice. If he has to do the confinement prior to that then he would not be able to attend school this semester and thus also no Spring practice. Don't see how this circle can be squared. My gut tells me that he does the community service and pays the fine during this semester, does his 30 days confinement in June and reapplies for reinstatement thereafter. Back for Fall camp at best and that depends on what Leach and Moos decide.
He's going to need to show exemplary citizenship to get back on the team IMO. I'd say it's likely he's out for the 2017 season, and perhaps he finds his way back after that if he grows up. Not a lot of confidence in someone doing something so selfish and dumb that they can right the ship. We will see.

He's going to need to show exemplary citizenship to get back on the team IMO. I'd say it's likely he's out for the 2017 season, and perhaps he finds his way back after that if he grows up. Not a lot of confidence in someone doing something so selfish and dumb that they can right the ship. We will see.
I agree. He is going to have to demonstrate more than just reluctantly paying his debt to society. Tago has an uphill climb ahead of him. As you said, we shall see.

Last edited:
What's the over/under on the number of players to be involved in assaults before our first game in September? Anyone care to guess?

What's the over/under on the number of players to be involved in assaults before our first game in September? Anyone care to guess?

I don't know where the over/under should be set at. But, my answer to how many players will be involved in an assault is ZERO.

I don't know where the over/under should be set at. But, my answer to how many players will be involved in an assault is ZERO.
Team leaders need to emerge, that's what curbs this crap. Other than maybe Gabe, didn't seem like a whole lot of leadership from players last year. Losing guys like Allison hurts, and other guys have to fill that leadership void.

Reactions: froropmkr72
I agree. He is going to have to demonstrate more than just reluctantly paying his debt to society. Tago has an uphill climb ahead of him. As you said, we shall see.

He's now a convicted felon. This will haunt him long after he leaves Pullman.

I don't believe that Tago should ever wear the WSU uniform again. One of Leach's rules is no stealing. No matter what the plea bargain was, he was part of a group that beat up a dude and stole his beer. A clear violation of a rule that supposed to be sacred. If Leach is a man of his word.....Tago is done.

I hope the rest of our team looks at the stupidity of the last summer and realizes that regardless of fault, players put themselves in precarious positions by mixing alcohol consumption with groups of people. I hope the over/under on negative news is zero because I want our games to do their thing on the football field, not the courtroom.

I don't believe that Tago should ever wear the WSU uniform again. One of Leach's rules is no stealing. No matter what the plea bargain was, he was part of a group that beat up a dude and stole his beer. A clear violation of a rule that supposed to be sacred. If Leach is a man of his word.....Tago is done.

I hope the rest of our team looks at the stupidity of the last summer and realizes that regardless of fault, players put themselves in precarious positions by mixing alcohol consumption with groups of people. I hope the over/under on negative news is zero because I want our games to do their thing on the football field, not the courtroom.

All this reminds me once again of Joe Salave'a's comments to Glenn Parker in a pre-season interview on the Pac-12 network. He mentioned how the parents of Samoan players placed a lot of trust in him (he is "Papa Joe," after all). Did Papa let them down last summer?

All this reminds me once again of Joe Salave'a's comments to Glenn Parker in a pre-season interview on the Pac-12 network. He mentioned how the parents of Samoan players placed a lot of trust in him (he is "Papa Joe," after all). Did Papa let them down last summer?

I don't know that I would specifically blame Joe, but at the same time, it's clear that the players went into last summer feeling like they could let loose a little bit, without thinking through the idea that huge, muscular guys are the ones that get noticed in a crowd when things go south. The coaches as a whole failed to impress upon the guys the importance of trying to stay above the fray.

As I've mentioned before, the Wichita State baseball team had an incident last summer and the coaches viewed it as an opportunity to impress upon their players the importance of being exemplary citizens via strenuous cardio activity.

I will leave it up to Leach and Moos to decide whether to welcome him back to the team in the future. There has been precedent for a player sitting out a year and coming back to the team after being arrested for stealing.

Bad people continually do awful things. Sometimes, a good person does a bad thing. I am not sure which one Tago is, as I am not close to the situation. I also am not against giving someone a second chance in some circumstances.

So, if Leach and Moos want to kick him off the team, I am fine with that. If they want to eventually give him a second chance, I am fine with that as well.

Last edited:
I will leave it up to Leach and Moos to decide whether to welcome him back to the team in the future. There has been precedent for a player sitting out a year and coming back to the team after being arrested for stealing.

Bad people continually do awful things. Sometimes, a good person does a bad thing. I am not sure which one Tago is, as I am not close to the situation. I also am not against giving someone a second chance in some circumstances.

So, if Leach and Moos want to kick him off the team, I am fine with that. If they want to eventually give him a second chance, I and fine with that as well.

Tago has not redshirted at WSU. Now might be a good time for it, assuming he is reinstated. This is just a thought, but what if he transfers to Oregon to reunite with Salave'a?

So, if Leach and Moos want to kick him off the team, I am fine with that. If they want to eventually give him a second chance, I am fine with that as well.

At the end of the day, it is Leach's call. Given that we don't know very much about the events of the night, it's hard to say too much. I will say that if Tago and his friends saw a random person on the street, beat them up and stole their beer, he doesn't deserve to wear the WSU uniform again. If there were extenuating circumstances where the victim had insulted them and created a situation where he could get beat up, Tago would still be guilty of the crime but I'd be more likely to give him a chance to rehabilitate.

It's a slippery slope on where to draw the line, and what type of rehabilitation the person has had. Mixon was allowed back at Oklahoma after her blew up that girls face with his fist, but apparently he was under attack from her with racist comments. He sat a year and From all accounts he's a changed man since...would you want him back on the team? I think everyone deserves second chances after a mistake, but when have they done too much damage amd need to find their second chance elsewhere?

Wasn't he already reinstated to the team once, and played in the bowl game? That would lead me to believe Leach & Moos didn't find what he did to be all that deplorable, and his suspension may just be formality until he does his time. Then, he could be reinstated, if that's even what he wants to do at this point.

I hope the young man learns from this. Whatever he decides,i hope he puts this behind him and receives a college degree. He can become a role model for kids who made a mistake in life.I would suspect that he may be allowed back on the team. If he does his penance and is eligible for reinstatement after the summer. I,for one, hope that he is reinstated to the team. I will not say that i was perfect but i never entered the legal system. In my youth, i very well could have. But things broke my way and i avoided that nightmare. I say give the young man a second chance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT