ADVERTISEMENT

If/when the Pac-MWC reverse merger goes through, will some schools get left behind?

If anyone wants to dig through a lot of thoughts on this stuff from the MWC schools' perspective, there's a pretty active board at https://www.mwcboard.com/index.php?/forum/6-mwc-sports-forum/. I only have made it through a bit, but it sounds like they have their own sets of issues and politics to sort through, with some "airport meetings" and some smaller groups of schools that seem open to joining a rebuilt Pac that only includes some MWC schools, yet have been held in line to date.

What I can't find a clear answer on is whether the MWC scheduling arrangement included a provision that had heavy penalties if the Pac didn't take all the MWC schools in a reverse merger scenario. That was referenced quite often during the negotiations but I can't find the text of the agreement or anything definitive.
I’d read that originally there was some talk of the P2 having to take everyone but instead they took a bigger payout. Not sure how accurate that is but would make sense.

People and Gloria, etc, can say all they want that supposedly MWC programs are not going to get raided, poached, cherry picked, and that they either ALL join PAC, or none join PAC, but that won't be the truth.

How many times PAC 12 teams, presidents, AD's, George the Commissioner say that the PAC 12 wouldn't get raided, poached, cherry picked, etc? LOTS OF TIMES, and it STILL HAPPENED.

Gloria said, rumors spread, etc, that the PAC 2 scheduling agreement, was going to have a no cherry picking clause in it, with a penalty for cherry picking.

But as official details of, official schedule alliance came out, no mention of such a clause, and Gloria is neither confirming or denying it.

But even if that clause is still in there, the top 9 programs can vote to dissolve the MWC, leave the worst 3 behind, and that wouldn't violate that the clause, if it's still in schedule agreement.

BSU, SDSU, Fresno St, UNLV ARE DYING, CHOMPING AT THE BIT, DESPERATELY WANT TO EITHER BE IN A P4 POWER CONFERENCE, OR A HYBRID G5, P4, P5 Semi power conference like a rebuilt ACC or rebuilt PAC 12, with 17 to 20 to 23 mil per team, better bowl access, NY6 bowls, better 12 team CFP access, over, instead of 6 mil per year, and THE POTATO BOWL.

Those teams are DESPERATE to LEAVE THE MWC, LEAVE THE WORST TEAMS BEHIND, AND EITHER JOIN REBUILT PAC, REBUILT ACC, EVEN IF THEY SMILE, AND SEEM TO AGREE WITH GLORIA ABOUT ALL OR NONE.

There is no doubt that BSU, SDSU, Fresno State are talking about, want to, etc, with UNLV, Utah St, CSU, on, about how they can either get cherry picked from MWC, or how they can get the 9 votes needed to dissolve the MWC, or threaten to dissolve the MWC in order to leave the 3 worst MWC teams behind.

And there are sources that showing that these MWC programs, and their fans are talking about, holding negotiations with each other and with PAC 2, behind the scenes to either get cherry picked by PAC 2, or get 9 votes and leave the 3 worst MWC teams behind.

Some of you may not like that, BUT THIS IS BUSINESS, and how WSU, OSU don't continue to be hurt, harmed, left behind, etc.

Some of you can think this is not going to happen, etc.

But it's happening, BSU, SDSU, Fresno St, UNLV, Airforce, Utah St, CSU, are either being cherry picked by PAC 2, or leaving the worst MWC programs behind, as they refuse to be in a situation where either ALL MWC joins PAC, or none join PAC, and stay in MWC, etc. They WANT TO, WILL Join the PAC 2, and leave the worst MWC programs behind, period, no matter if Gloria, other MWC programs(The ones left behind), fans, some here, like it or not.

Im with Viktor Frankl who said there are only 2 races:

Decent people and indecent people.

They can both be found amongst any organization, affiliation, corporation, gathering, team, country. That's all I have to say about that.
That IS a good point, but I actually prefer to disagree with the anthropologists that say there is primariliy only three races. I say there is only one race- the HUMAN race!

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT