ADVERTISEMENT

If you want the Cougs to sign another grad transfer QB. . .

And as his most coachable team (that I hope carries on)- whatever they accept and support.

By all accounts, after his injury Gubrud was Eric Barriere's biggest cheerleader/coach/mentor on their run to the national championship game. Saw several media accounts, it was mentioned during the ESPN telecast by perhaps the two worst announcers on earth and I think there was an article in the Spokesman but LC or Tron are the googlemasters.

By all accounts, after his injury Gubrud was Eric Barriere's biggest cheerleader/coach/mentor on their run to the national championship game. Saw several media accounts, it was mentioned during the ESPN telecast by perhaps the two worst announcers on earth and I think there was an article in the Spokesman but LC or Tron are the googlemasters.

I thought Tron was Ed's master...

Too bad the one Utah connection to Gubrud just left. Troy Taylor was the OC at EWU when they beat the Cougs.

Now, a guy named Cooper Kupp had a couple things to say about that game too but....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_Taylor_(American_football)

On February 18, 2016, Taylor was announced as the Passing Game Coordinator, Quarterbacks coach and play caller for Eastern Washington.[9]

At EWU Taylor called plays and took an already stellar offense to new heights as they set 2 all-time FCS records for passing yards (5,160 yards) and total offense (5,766 yards) in a season.[10]

Taylor was instrumental in helping former walk on quarterback Gage Gubrud into a record setting QB who broke the all-time single season FCS passing record and broke the all-time record in total offense. Gubrud also won FCS player of the year from numerous sites along with Big Sky Conference co-MVP (with teammate Cooper Kupp) and also having the only team to have 3 wide receivers over 1,000 yards in the season.[11]

Gubrud also set 16 school records, 7 Big sky records and 2 FCS records all while getting the Big Sky conference championship and going undefeated in conference play. They improved in almost every offensive statistical category in his first year.

A notable win came in the first game of the season against Washington State where they won 45-42 and set a school record for total offense.[12]
That's a good point and would have been a pull if Taylor was still in town. I hope we find someone like him but it's interesting how much interest Gubrud is picking up and he most likely wouldn't start if he remained at EWU.

Reactions: Cougzz
That's a good point and would have been a pull if Taylor was still in town. I hope we find someone like him but it's interesting how much interest Gubrud is picking up and he most likely wouldn't start if he remained at EWU.

The problem is now that Barriere has been showcased, either one or the other would transfer. Coach Best may have made some 'suggestions' to Gubrud, too.

Reactions: Cougzz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT