ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting new offer to UA commit.

All these dudes are annoying. The Apple Cup is exciting, regardless if there is in state kids on the team or not. Give me the best talent where we can get it. It's not like WA has a rich history in globs of football talent over the years.

I wouldn't argue otherwise.

But, if these guys want to praise WSU for the great recruiting job they're doing, then I'm not going to complain about it. Praise away.

Back to the offer..........regardless of stars, still would be a great get at this point.

I think he is a good prospect. Probably a 2 or 3 star kid.

He hasnt filled out. I havent seen any kind of stats on him so I have no clue what his production was. No idea what side of the ball they see him on.

There are a lot of things to learn about a kid before you label him with a star based on a 3 min highlight film. For example, we can see what he does right. What does he struggle with? What needs coached up? What is his ceiling??? Lots of questions to answer with only a small sample of film.

I think he is a good prospect. Probably a 2 or 3 star kid.

He hasnt filled out. I havent seen any kind of stats on him so I have no clue what his production was. No idea what side of the ball they see him on.

There are a lot of things to learn about a kid before you label him with a star based on a 3 min highlight film. For example, we can see what he does right. What does he struggle with? What needs coached up? What is his ceiling??? Lots of questions to answer with only a small sample of film.
He had 4 picks 5 fumble recoveries. Back to back years first team all league. No way he’s in the 2 star conversation. A weak back pedal is fixable and an overrated attribute quite a few schools don’t even teach backpedal anymore with some Corners. Bama an example of this. I watched a tiny bit of Wyoming D and saw little backpedal in their defense as well.

He had 4 picks 5 fumble recoveries. Back to back years first team all league. No way he’s in the 2 star conversation. A weak back pedal is fixable and an overrated attribute quite a few schools don’t even teach backpedal anymore with some Corners. Bama an example of this. I watched a tiny bit of Wyoming D and saw little backpedal in their defense as well.

Ok. That works. He has length, he can run. If he can grow into his frame and play safety, Im in.

Lots of DBs don’t even really backpedal anymore. Although it’s still a needed skill if you are a good enough athlete in HS you don’t need to be a backpedaling wizard. I could backpedal like a MF and all of these receivers would have left me in the dust.

Lots of DBs don’t even really backpedal anymore. Although it’s still a needed skill if you are a good enough athlete in HS you don’t need to be a backpedaling wizard. I could backpedal like a MF and all of these receivers would have left me in the dust.

Lol your prob was Loft.

Maybe you should of shuffled?:)

Sherman is the best corner in the league past 10 years and never has back pedaled.

In case it isn't completely obvious, Tracy Ford is going to push for all of the players he trains to get P5 rides whether they merit them or not. All of this stuff about WSU needing to recruit the state more, WA players supposedly being necessary to win the Apple Cup, etc., is all about an endgame of him getting a better reputation, and more money, by being to tout more kids getting P5 rides who otherwise would be headed to the Mountain West or Big Sky. I don't fault him for that or have any desire to poison the relationship between WSU and "his" players, but see it for what it is. This isn't a critique of Oywak.

Exactly. I don't understand anyone thinks he actually gives 2 rips about WSU.

Yes. And he can f’uck off with that noise.

He had an agenda. The more kids he has that sign with bigger schools, the more kids he works with. More $ for him.

He should be holding his kids to a P5 standard. Not telling parents and kids they are P5 talent. Who has he seen or evaluated? Who has he compared hos kid to? Where has he coached? Where has he recruited? What has he done to deserve such credit for talent evaluation???

Wanna send a msg? Tell recruits you wont offer anyone that works with him. Tracy is not the one that has what these kids are looking for. WSU is. He needs to sit down and shut the f’uck up.

This is more or less what Leach did. Ford is basically the AAU coach of the football world.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
This is more or less what Leach did. Ford is basically the AAU coach of the football world.

What does he coach? That is what I wanna know.

He is a middle man. He is trying to gain influence with kids and parents so he can gain influence with coaches. Wouldnt surprise me if he had his hand out at some point, if not already, for funneling kids to schools.

Reactions: WASH ST A&M FAN
What does he coach? That is what I wanna know.

He is a middle man. He is trying to gain influence with kids and parents so he can gain influence with coaches. Wouldnt surprise me if he had his hand out at some point, if not already, for funneling kids to schools.

Thing is Washington routinely gets kids rated 4 stars who would be three stars if they were stacked against better competition. Ford might want to get some coffee cups filled with cash, but no smart program is going to pay for the Big Sky talent he's shilling for as P5 talents. I'm personally indifferent to whether or not we get the Kentwood "4 star" kid he's currently touting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT