ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting new offer to UA commit.

Rolovich and crew are out poaching. I love it.

Wonder why we didn't offer him sooner. Cue Tracy Ford piping in with Leach not properly recruiting the state.

Rolovich and crew are out poaching. I love it.

Wonder why we didn't offer him sooner. Cue Tracy Ford piping in with Leach not properly recruiting the state.

His coach is Mike Bush. Very odd that we didn’t offer. Wonder what we didn’t like about him. He was a puzzling recruit we never offered.

needs to work on his back pedal, but holy wow he is explosive coming out of his pedal and going forward. def puzzling why we didn't offer him. Maybe mele was too busy in Colorado or Mcbath thought he was too tall. LOL

John Rushing recruited him. His only commit thus far to UA. Probably has somewhat of a relationship with Bush; certainly at least has an intro.

Let's see what Rolo can do. I'm assuming that he went down the list of WA commits elsewhere that did not sign early; this kid would have stood out.

His film pops. This would be a very good steal. Length and physicality is something that we could really use.

Former Cougar safety, John Rushing, was his recruiter. However, he is not listed as an Arizona coach anymore. Former uw and UCLA DB coach, Demetrice Martin, has since taken over his recruiting.

This is a good one to go after.

John Rushing recruited him. His only commit thus far to UA. Probably has somewhat of a relationship with Bush; certainly at least has an intro.

Let's see what Rolo can do. I'm assuming that he went down the list of WA commits elsewhere that did not sign early; this kid would have stood out.

Rushing got fired mid season.

Rolo is on the west side right now so wouldn’t be surprised to hear that he has stopped by and met with Oywak

Rolo is on the west side right now so wouldn’t be surprised to hear that he has stopped by and met with Oywak
That is what I was thinking as well. The head coach gets one in-home visit with a recruit and this might be it.

His backpedal, for a corner, sucks. It is slow and lazy.

As a safety, still needs work but the positions are different.

Interesting prospect. He has length. He can still fill out. May even grow into 210-220. Dunno if he is much of a hitter.

Does he have grades? Has anyone seen stats? Did he make plays in rivalry games or big games???

So he has one P12 offer from the worst passing defense in the conference? No interest from any of the NW schools? Could be grades I guess, but he had an offer from Air Force. They don’t typically offer grade risks. Somethings up.

So he has one P12 offer from the worst passing defense in the conference? No interest from any of the NW schools? Could be grades I guess, but he had an offer from Air Force. They don’t typically offer grade risks. Somethings up.

Yeah, there is no clear narrative. Oregon St also offered, which isn't an endorsement of his talent either. 247 has him in the .86 range, which says he's a good recruit.

From my chair, something doesn't add up. I do think we probably land him if we put the full court press on. His other options appear to be Mountain West schools. Guess the "recruit more Washington kids crowd" have another local kid to root for. Hopefully it works out for everyone involved.

Yeah, there is no clear narrative. Oregon St also offered, which isn't an endorsement of his talent either. 247 has him in the .86 range, which says he's a good recruit.

From my chair, something doesn't add up. I do think we probably land him if we put the full court press on. His other options appear to be Mountain West schools. Guess the "recruit more Washington kids crowd" have another local kid to root for. Hopefully it works out for everyone involved.

He didn’t have one with Wyoming or Hawaii which I thought was odd. He could be a dude that Robertson and Dickert like and think has the tools to be coached. We are in need or db’s so we might just need numbers right now.

There arent a lot of guys available. Most kids have signed. It is a tough spot to be in.

Coming from a Mountain West school he prob doesnt have many relationships with PAC 12 kids. Im guessing they never gave them much play. So here he is now trying to find kids and get in the mix while other programs may have a year, 2 years or 3 year head start on him.

Its an uphill battle.

He didn’t have one with Wyoming or Hawaii which I thought was odd. He could be a dude that Robertson and Dickert like and think has the tools to be coached. We are in need or db’s so we might just need numbers right now.

He committed pretty early to Zona, in July. Could explain the lack of offers from some schools. Could be Hawaii, Wyoming, or even a Pac12 school reached out and he said 'thanks, but I'm committed" and it just never got reported to the recruiting services.

Dude should just shut his mouth...

Actually, he was really complimentary of Rolo for offering. Puckett & Furness tweeted about it too.

I personally found their bickering obnoxious, but if they're going to back it up by now positively commenting about WSU recruiting in state, I have no issue with it.

At least he didn't blast Leach, then say nothing about Rolovich.

Reactions: Coug90
There arent a lot of guys available. Most kids have signed. It is a tough spot to be in.

Coming from a Mountain West school he prob doesnt have many relationships with PAC 12 kids. Im guessing they never gave them much play. So here he is now trying to find kids and get in the mix while other programs may have a year, 2 years or 3 year head start on him.

Its an uphill battle.

BINGO.

Most of the best prospects signed on early LOI day. We have about two weeks to fill seven slots and don't even have a full coaching staff on board yet.

Unsigned guys, transfer portal, schollies to deserving walk ons. Whatever it takes.

Finishing up this recruiting season is most definitely an uphill battle.

Reactions: Cougzz

Actually, he was really complimentary of Rolo for offering. Puckett & Furness tweeted about it too.

I personally found their bickering obnoxious, but if they're going to back it up by now positively commenting about WSU recruiting in state, I have no issue with it.

Four star talent??? No.

Tracy Ford doesnt know what he is talking about.

In case it isn't completely obvious, Tracy Ford is going to push for all of the players he trains to get P5 rides whether they merit them or not. All of this stuff about WSU needing to recruit the state more, WA players supposedly being necessary to win the Apple Cup, etc., is all about an endgame of him getting a better reputation, and more money, by being to tout more kids getting P5 rides who otherwise would be headed to the Mountain West or Big Sky. I don't fault him for that or have any desire to poison the relationship between WSU and "his" players, but see it for what it is. This isn't a critique of Oywak.

BINGO.

Most of the best prospects signed on early LOI day. We have about two weeks to fill seven slots and don't even have a full coaching staff on board yet.

Unsigned guys, transfer portal, schollies to deserving walk ons. Whatever it takes.

Finishing up this recruiting season is most definitely an uphill battle.

And no one has gone all out to get him. But sounds like he’s leaning out way.

All these dudes are annoying. The Apple Cup is exciting, regardless if there is in state kids on the team or not. Give me the best talent where we can get it. It's not like WA has a rich history in globs of football talent over the years.

All these dudes are annoying. The Apple Cup is exciting, regardless if there is in state kids on the team or not. Give me the best talent where we can get it. It's not like WA has a rich history in globs of football talent over the years.

Yes.

If the uw doesnt offer, why should WSU? Maybe the schemes arent good for the player. That’s fair. But typically if the kid cant play for the uw, why would WSU take him?

WSU is not a place where in state kids go if they arent good enough to play for uw. You arent gonna beat them with kids that arent PAC 12 talent.

Reactions: CougSinceBirth
ehhhhhhh....

Yes, WA is not CA, TX, or FL, but there has been plenty of standout players on WSU and UW teams from in state.

It does seem like the last 20 years in state players have not been as prevalent on both teams. I recall loosely following HS football for a few years and looking at the kids on the state championship teams and most of them didn't have P5 offers. The state champ qb at one point was 5'8" 160lbs who had a D1 WR he threw 50/50 balls to. It just seems like there is more system football going on where you can do more with less, and because the kids dont have to get bigger/ faster/ stronger to win, they don't.

ehhhhhhh....

Yes, WA is not CA, TX, or FL, but there has been plenty of standout players on WSU and UW teams from in state.

It does seem like the last 20 years in state players have not been as prevalent on both teams. I recall loosely following HS football for a few years and looking at the kids on the state championship teams and most of them didn't have P5 offers. The state champ qb at one point was 5'8" 160lbs who had a D1 WR he threw 50/50 balls to. It just seems like there is more system football going on where you can do more with less, and because the kids dont have to get bigger/ faster/ stronger to win, they don't.

The football culture isnt where it needs to be. Part of what drives P5 kids is the environment they develop in. Some places are just better than others.

If it’s me, Im not sorry if I dont offer your tweener kid that didnt do the work in high school and is now expecting P5 $ on a d2 resume.

Stop demanding that WSU lower their standards to meet yours. You want PAC 12 $? EARN IT!!!

ehhhhhhh....

And I don't disagree that there hasn't been in-state talent for both teams. My point is it shouldn't matter where players come from - if they're P12 talented, sign them up. If WA has 30 guys one year, great. If they only have 3, then offer those guys.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
This is the vibe I'm getting from Tracy Ford...because UW didn't offer them, WSU SHOULD!

Yes. And he can f’uck off with that noise.

He had an agenda. The more kids he has that sign with bigger schools, the more kids he works with. More $ for him.

He should be holding his kids to a P5 standard. Not telling parents and kids they are P5 talent. Who has he seen or evaluated? Who has he compared hos kid to? Where has he coached? Where has he recruited? What has he done to deserve such credit for talent evaluation???

Wanna send a msg? Tell recruits you wont offer anyone that works with him. Tracy is not the one that has what these kids are looking for. WSU is. He needs to sit down and shut the f’uck up.

Reactions: WASH ST A&M FAN
Yes. And he can f’uck off with that noise.

He had an agenda. The more kids he has that sign with bigger schools, the more kids he works with. More $ for him.

He should be holding his kids to a P5 standard. Not telling parents and kids they are P5 talent. Who has he seen or evaluated? Who has he compared hos kid to? Where has he coached? Where has he recruited? What has he done to deserve such credit for talent evaluation???

Wanna send a msg? Tell recruits you wont offer anyone that works with him. Tracy is not the one that has what these kids are looking for. WSU is. He needs to sit down and shut the f’uck up.

This.

Also, love how WSU is the target for in-state kids...when the conference has a whole has a HUGE problem of keeping talent local. Hell, even the best kids in Cali are leaving to go to the $EC, etc...maybe U$C, fUCLA, Stanford, and Cal should all recruit these kids "harder" too.

If you wanna see a big time gym for athletes, look up Garage Strength on IG.

He takes all comers. Young, old, boys and girls, able bodied and even a young man with a brain tumor with only movement on one side of his body. Sadly passed...

He makes savages in Olympic Lifting, football, track, everything. He KNOWS what he is doing. His clientele isnt cherry picked or recruited. Everyone that walks thru the door and works is welcome.

Watch his videos of 12 year old boys squatting 275 or clean and jerking 170 and then watch Tracy’s kids. Aint the same gym.

Wanna impress me as a trainer? Take a gym full of kids with average DNA and make them beasts. Dont take a gym full of top 1% DNA, have them run cones and then take all the credit. Call out schools cause they didnt offer your kid and the parents are pissed at you cause you told them you would make their son or daughter a scholarship athlete. That’s bullshit. That’s not talent or knowledge as a trainer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT