ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting population stats

Happen,

What are your thoughts about Stanford, Northwestern, Duke, Vanderbilt or Rice?

Or MIT, Univ. of Chicago, Caltech, Johns Hopkins, Wash U of St. Louis and Georgetown?

Those are some renowned schools where an undergrad degree might make a difference going forward, right?

I think most of those are similar to the Ivys in that you can gain some benefit from getting an undergraduate degree at those schools. I concede that. It can open some doors, no doubt. After a few months on the job, the benefit begins to fade quickly.

I just found out one of my team mates in my group is an MIT grad (this is after several years of working with him). He's really smart...no doubt, but so is everyone else in the group (except me). We also have a Cal Tech grad.

My point is that no one really cares about those credentials. It's all about how much we contribute to the team and perform our job. Hmmm...I wonder though if they get paid more? 🤔

Reactions: PeteTheChop
I just found out one of my team mates in my group is an MIT grad (this is after several years of working with him). He's really smart...no doubt, but so is everyone else in the group (except me). We also have a Cal Tech grad.

Speaks A LOT for your WSU engineering degree 👏 👏 👏

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT