ADVERTISEMENT

Is Anybody Running this Site

Rich Lewis

Hall Of Fame
Nov 7, 2001
The last I remember was some guy in South Carolina or somewhere back there. Can't remember his name. I only ask because the homepage remains littered with people who have bailed on us.

The last I remember was some guy in South Carolina or somewhere back there. Can't remember his name. I only ask because the homepage remains littered with people who have bailed on us.
THANK YOU!! I've been wondering the exact same thing!

That makes sense. I paid a few years back but got pretty much nothing for my money. Maybe if they had something to offer there might be revenue.

Yeah, there is no significant revenue for on the premium side, so we are pretty much abandoned. Crazy we have to put up with such dated headers....

The irony is I only go to this site because there is no paywall. Gen X ...I like zero strings and the anonymity

Yeah, there is no significant revenue for on the premium side, so we are pretty much abandoned. Crazy we have to put up with such dated headers....
Exactly. No revenue, no attention. I'm fine with it. The Boards are all that I care about, I can get all the info I want elsewhere. I'm just glad they don't shut down the site.

And to Rich's point - they can't offer content that outvalues all the other sites, Coug and ESPN, etc. that ends up being free anyway eventually. If a lot of people paid and the premium board itself was vibrant that would be a revenue motivator. Alas the board (myself included) seems to prefer wallowing in the slime with the infidels.

There are a lot of sites that have cut back on the writers (ESPN, The Athletic) or just cut websites (SB Nation). I am happy this is still around for us to discuss things regardless of any stories are written. I think the last time an editor was assigned to this site was Scott Hood, and he left several years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT