ADVERTISEMENT

It appears as though the uw is not going to a bowl game this year

froropmkr72

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2004
and are downright despondent. The last game against Arizona was a moral victory that they REALLY NEED TO ENJOY because WSU is going into their house and doing a little a$$ whopping. :)

and are downright despondent. The last game against Arizona was a moral victory that they REALLY NEED TO ENJOY because WSU is going into their house and doing a little a$$ whopping. :)
I was a bit surprised to see UW favored against Utah. Really reacting to last weekend.

I'm just of the opinion that 49-3 + complaining about start times= a guy more interested in interviewing for his next job than doing this one.

I think UW is going to beat Utah and OSU, and they'll have a chance to beat ASU and us. This is a good time of the year to have a good defense, and the teams they're playing, outside of us, don't have the guns to blow them out.

I think UW is going to beat Utah and OSU, and they'll have a chance to beat ASU and us. This is a good time of the year to have a good defense, and the teams they're playing, outside of us, don't have the guns to blow them out.

Noted....and I hope you don't mind me reminding you how many times you're wrong......in such an audacious fashion. Starting with uw beating Utah.

Just a reminder that UW beat USC on the road and UA at home with a strong defensive effort. The Apple Cup is no gimme for either team this year and UW are at home.
That all said at the moment I give WSU a slight edge to win the Apple Cup not because of their strong offensive play but because the defense is getting better each game. Poor weather conditions aside I came away impressed by the Cougar defense against a Stanford team that has been having its way with most of the Pac 12 conference.

Right now....focus on a tough ASU team who are favoured by one point on the road.

Noted....and I hope you don't mind me reminding you how many times you're wrong......in such an audacious fashion. Starting with uw beating Utah.
Yeah, I think UW is on fire. No offense to anyone and I don't say that with my crimson glasses on. Just looking at them from an attempted objective view. And then to look at how stout every team, minus UW and OSU, in the PAC is… I just don't see them doing well, at all.

Now with my crimson glasses on, I hope they get trampled by OSU… :D:p:rolleyes:

They was... But the sharps have spoken. Now WSU -2/2.5

I was surprised that Las Vegas had ASU as the opening favorite. At this point, they misjudged the betting public. For those who don't know, Vegas is not saying that the Cougars or ASU will win, they are trying to figure out the right spread to get equal amount bet on either side of the point spread.

Right now, the money must have been overwhelming on the Cougars side for the line to move four points so fast. Large institutional bettors wait until the last minute to place their bet, so we will see what happens to the spread right before kickoff.

WAY too early to say they aren't going bowling.

And I'm not sure what teams we've all been watching for the past 10 years to be so low on UW and so high on ourselves. We've looked pretty good 4 games in a row now, and really bad for 10 years before that. I'm going to wait until we close strong before I start telling everyone what's in store through 2025.

UW is looking pretty shaky, but they still have 4 to win 2, they just curb-stomped UA, and they did go bowling every year for the last 5 years. I'm going to let that one develop a little bit before I predict their program gets shut down due to non-competitiveness.

Let's make sure we have oats before we start feelin' 'em.

Just a reminder that UW beat USC on the road and UA at home with a strong defensive effort. The Apple Cup is no gimme for either team this year and UW are at home.
That all said at the moment I give WSU a slight edge to win the Apple Cup not because of their strong offensive play but because the defense is getting better each game. Poor weather conditions aside I came away impressed by the Cougar defense against a Stanford team that has been having its way with most of the Pac 12 conference.

Right now....focus on a tough ASU team who are favoured by one point on the road.

I think UW's offense is getting better each game too though.

Should be a good game. We get to play them in Husky Stadium.

Massey is predicting that the mutts finish 7-5. He is also saying that Arizona is toast for the year and destined for 5-7. It's interesting to see the way that Arizona is falling apart in particular, and that Massey is predicting the same for ASU.

His current projections (bowls are based on his finish and assuming Stanford misses playoff):

Stanford 12-0 (9-0) Rose
Utah 11-1 (8-1) Alamo

USC 9-3 (7-2) Holiday
UCLA 8-4 (5-4) Foster Farms
UW 7-5 (5-4) Sun
WSU 7-5 (5-4) Las Vegas (Yeah baby!)
Oregon 7-5 (5-4) Cactus
Cal 7-5 (4-5) At-Large

ASU 5-7 (3-6)
Arizona 5-7 (2-7)
Colorado 4-8 (1-8)
OSU 2-10 (0-9)

In order for Stanford to make the College Football playoff, they would have to beat Oregon, Notre Dame and Utah. The Irish and Utes would most likely both be Top 10 teams when they play Stanford. If any teams above them slip up......I like their chances to get some love. As far as the original post about UW, they are a team that could finish 5-7 and miss a bowl or they could just as easily win out. They have a stout defense and just enough offense to hang around. They are like a poor man's version of our 1994 team.

Yeah, I think UW is on fire. No offense to anyone and I don't say that with my crimson glasses on. Just looking at them from an attempted objective view. And then to look at how stout every team, minus UW and OSU, in the PAC is… I just don't see them doing well, at all.

Now with my crimson glasses on, I hope they get trampled by OSU… :D:p:rolleyes:

They are 2-3 in their past 5 games, with 1 win coming over a team with a drunk head coach.

They are 2-3 in their past 5 games, with 1 win coming over a team with a drunk head coach.

Drunk coach or not, I'm pissed that UW is playing as well as they are. I was really pulling for 2-6 for them at this point in their season. It is kind of cool to see Arizona imploding though. RichRod just isn't a likeable coach.

Great defense isn't going so well. Only the first week after the original prediction....you'll have your revenge....perhaps.

How is beating UA by 40+ a "moral victory"? That's a "victory victory" and an impressive on at that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT