ADVERTISEMENT

It takes ASU 21 minutes to score v. Oregon...

YakiCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
And Ed's all Pac-12 safety just gives up a 49-yard TD on 4th down. Wonderful.

To be fair, it's hard to say who was responsible- there was NO defender within 20 yards.

Masterful coaching from Helfrich. Just gave away forty seconds and a potential scoring chance, only five carries for Freeman...

And they're up at half.

Brutal loss. Bercovici Russell Wilson'd in winning time, after the hilariously bad playcall by Oregon on the two point play.

Well Falk goes on the road in Autzen wins in overtime.
Bercovicc goes to overtime and loses at home.

Falk > Berc.

Now, that was one strange game. Sloppiness in spades on both teams. At one point VA threw a screen to a WR with two defenders a few yards away and in front of him with no- count em, 0- blockers. Didn't work, obviously. Helfrich's fondness of trick plays backfired on him with consistency. Oregon has better talent on their roster than ASU. Why try to fool and outwit them? Just line up and move the ball forward. And that game featured the first nine yard Hail Mary that I can recall. Weirdness all around. Exciting game but strange.

I thought that ASU's offense was supposed to be mired in the mud. That was the consensus prior to last night. They looked pretty good to me in the second half for the most part.

I am wondering what effect this result will have on their attitude coming into Martin. The Sun Devils are out of conference championship contention but still need a couple of wins to see postseason play. The schedule now gives them a couple of extra days to prepare for us. Hopefully a brisk November day in Pullman gives them something to think about. Is it too early to pray for snow?

I would worry more about the cougs state of mind. If they beat Stanford ,they will be in top form. If they lose,they have to deal with the loss. lets hope a sweep of the next two games

I would worry more about the cougs state of mind. If they beat Stanford ,they will be in top form. If they lose,they have to deal with the loss. lets hope a sweep of the next two games

They lost to CAL and rebounded nicely. I do not think that this Cougar team will fall apart because of a loss to a top 10 team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT