ADVERTISEMENT

Jacob Eason

ScottHood

Nov 8, 2007
Eason is reportedly transferring to UW, which sets up an interesting scenario since the Huskies have already signed 2 4-star QBs for the 2018 class. Eason must sit out the 2018 season unless he goes JUCO. Almost guaranteed somebody will transferring after the 2019 season.

Eason is reportedly transferring to UW, which sets up an interesting scenario since the Huskies have already signed 2 4-star QBs for the 2018 class. Eason must sit out the 2018 season unless he goes JUCO. Almost guaranteed somebody will transferring after the 2019 season.

Or within a week after fall camp opens in 2018.

This move must have been a foregone conclusion, because the inter webs are not blowing up over the news. If he had gone to any P12 team other than Arizona, Oregon or Washington the fan boards would have exploded. I can appreciate a player willing to face competition as opposed to the egomania we see among many 18 y.o. recruits who have done nothing at the college level.

Shocking - the UW does a wonderful job of offering “entire families” a great opportunity for kids to play for them. See one running back from Spokane and a DB from Marrysville as examples.

Next Yr Roster

Browning-Senior
Yankoff- 4* Freshman
Sirmon- 4* Freshman
Morris- 4* Freshman
Eason-5* RedShirt Soph

the have 3 more QB's on the roster
Carta Samuaels (singed in 2014)
Bridge-Gadd RS Soph (2015)
Haener RS Freshman (2016)

The UW has so many QB's there won't be any practice time for some of them. That's a total of 8 QB's, and will create quite the competition, but I believe 2-3 or more are moving on after spring ball. It's one thing to be 3rd of 4th on the depth cart, at 7 or 8 you won't see the light of day.

the have 3 more QB's on the roster
Carta Samuaels (singed in 2014)
Bridge-Gadd RS Soph (2015)
Haener RS Freshman (2016)

The UW has so many QB's there won't be any practice time for some of them. That's a total of 8 QB's, and will create quite the competition, but I believe 2-3 or more are moving on after spring ball. It's one thing to be 3rd of 4th on the depth cart, at 7 or 8 you won't see the light of day.
Carta-Samuels is seeking a grad transfer but regardless they are somewhat over allocated at QB.

Need a thread about which experienced WSU legend coach in the Big Sky does Jacob Sirmon end up with?

Montana (Rosie OC Part 2: The Heretic)
Sacramento State (Sears & WulffMart)
Portland State (0-11 with DC Malik Roberson)
Montana State Jeff Choate

Next Yr Roster

Browning-Senior
Yankoff- 4* Freshman
Sirmon- 4* Freshman
Morris- 4* Freshman
Eason-5* RedShirt Soph

3 of those underclassmen transfer. Why go somewhere the coach stacks so many kids you'll never get enough reps to develop or get a legit shot? It's a contest to see who can take what they learn in the meeting to the field the fastest. If I were a betting man I'd put my $ on the kid that runs the best.

3 of those underclassmen transfer. Why go somewhere the coach stacks so many kids you'll never get enough reps to develop or get a legit shot? It's a contest to see who can take what they learn in the meeting to the field the fastest. If I were a betting man I'd put my $ on the kid that runs the best.

One of them not even on team. I agree, someone likely to transfer at some point but technically all 3 underclassmen could get 1 year at minimum as starter.

Next Yr Roster

Browning-Senior
Yankoff- 4* Freshman
Sirmon- 4* Freshman
Morris- 4* Freshman
Eason-5* RedShirt Soph

Next years (2018 season) roster won’t have Morris yet and Eason will be a ‘true’ Junior..... he’ll have 2 years to play 2 after he redshirts. Sirmon will get exposed this spring and be pushed out the door. He really helped their class ranking, so he’s been kept around. Drop him out of the class and the class is ranked in the 20’s. I could also see Sirmon move to TE and bulked up. Regardless, he’ll never start a game for UW IMO. The guy wasn’t even the best QB on his 7v7 team.

I suspect that "runs the best" will be a big part. The other part is likely to be touch passes over the shoulder. If it turns into a mess and 3 or more transfer, it may impact UW's QB recruiting in the next cycle. Unless he is brain dead, you've got to wonder what a kid will say next cycle to the idea that UW brought in 3 QB's this year...

Next years (2018 season) roster won’t have Morris yet and Eason will be a ‘true’ Junior..... he’ll have 2 years to play 2 after he redshirts. Sirmon will get exposed this spring and be pushed out the door. He really helped their class ranking, so he’s been kept around. Drop him out of the class and the class is ranked in the 20’s. I could also see Sirmon move to TE and bulked up. Regardless, he’ll never start a game for UW IMO. The guy wasn’t even the best QB on his 7v7 team.
Sirmon is also legacy, his cousin is on the team, uncle was on staff back in the day, has younger brothers, etc. He's the UW version of WSU's Spokane QB problems.
It is pretty clever how Petersen is handling this - Price never should have said no to Otten for instance.

Sirmon is also legacy, his cousin is on the team, uncle was on staff back in the day, has younger brothers, etc. He's the UW version of WSU's Spokane QB problems.
It is pretty clever how Petersen is handling this - Price never should have said no to Otten for instance.
That situation did suck but he ended up at SC and eventually Leaf took us to the Rose Bowl.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT