ADVERTISEMENT

Jacob Sirmon UA game

CrimsonDisciple

Head Coach
Dec 26, 2005
He didnt play because he got hurt in no contact drills. He apparently looked bad and faked an injury. Anyway, he’s another bloated 4 star QB ranked UW player. He’s also the reason they took Yankoff and that their recruit rankings are as high as they are.

Last edited:
Reactions: earldacoug
Yankoff is way more athletic and has a higher upside than Sirmon will ever hope to have. He’s a freak of nature.

Yankoff is way more athletic and has a higher upside than Sirmon will ever hope to have. He’s a freak of nature.
Perhaps so.
Sirmon is a legacy (dad & uncle & cousin), plus mom is hot. Makes more sense than Rypien or Rosie who were also no brainers for WSU but were similar head cases at this point in their careers.
Petersen perhaps saw this and set up a competition (along with possibly Eason), so less blow back when stuff happens.

I wonder how Yankoff compares with WSU quarterback signee Cammon Cooper, who's also a 4-star recruit by both Rivals and Brand X?

I'd imagine there's a reason CML focused his attention on Cooper instead of pursuing the "local" option 90 miles to the north of Pullman.

Reactions: Observer11
He didnt play because he got hurt in no contact drills. He apparently looked bad and faked an injury. Anyway, he’s another bloated 4 star QB ranked UW player. He’s also the reason they took Yankoff and that their recruit rankings are as high as they are.

Disagree. No faking as he got blasted when the defensive players in the drill were supposed to lay off. Sirmon has a terrific arm and Yankoff is very athletic and mobile. In an age where the ‘can’t miss’ type of players want on the field way too early, these two are obviously not afraid of competition. I am usually an anti-dawg, but I find this refreshing.

I wonder how Yankoff compares with WSU quarterback signee Cammon Cooper, who's also a 4-star recruit by both Rivals and Brand X?

I'd imagine there's a reason CML focused his attention on Cooper instead of pursuing the "local" option 90 miles to the north of Pullman.

WSU offered Yankoff nearly 10 months prior to offering Cooper.

Yankoff had been committed to UO for about 6 months as well.

I don't think it's accurate to suggest WSU didn't pursue Yankoff.

Reactions: Cougzz

Gotcha... Forgot about that Oregon commitment (but it was two coaches ago)

It always seemed Cooper was far and away CML's No. 1 guy — even before his stock begin to soar with the Rivals and Brand X national talent evaluators.

WSU was on Yankoff when he decomitted from Oregon. Seems pretty obvious Yankoff decided WSU was not for him.

Reactions: Cougzz
Gotcha... Forgot about that Oregon commitment (but it was two coaches ago)

It always seemed Cooper was far and away CML's No. 1 guy — even before his stock begin to soar with the Rivals and Brand X national talent evaluators.

Not how I remember it. WSU offered Yankoff & Sirmon pretty early, along with a few others. I remember them going after Cooper, Brevin White & Tyler Shough around the same time.

Truth. Two big boy WSU boosters in CDA. BIG boys, not wristband trinket collectors.

For sure Leach knew about and was on the kid from CDAHS.

Reactions: Fab5Coug
Disagree. No faking as he got blasted when the defensive players in the drill were supposed to lay off. Sirmon has a terrific arm and Yankoff is very athletic and mobile. In an age where the ‘can’t miss’ type of players want on the field way too early, these two are obviously not afraid of competition. I am usually an anti-dawg, but I find this refreshing.

Yeah, what a vicious hit. Seriously, if he was that hurt, how do you fling your injured right arm like he did. His body language says everything you need to know. He blames everyone around him.

I saw Sirmon play live. Wasn’t impressed. He’s a big kid and has some athleticism but he’s not a starting pac 12 QB.

Yost......

He was the guy that inked Yankoff & Culp early. The Spring/Summer he left WSU for Oregon.

Yankoff is a hellava Athlete, but his accuracy is to be questioned. Different build, but he & Locker have a lot of similarities including their problems with preciseness.

Reactions: Fab5Coug
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT