ADVERTISEMENT

James Williams declared

Move to wastern WA, the teachers can make near six figures after 15 years and start at $65k...

It ain't too shabby in eastern Washington. A first five years or so would be rough, then the really start climbing the pay and clock hours scale.

Loyal, I can guarantee you that Boobie has seen your post. You should delete it. It’s insulting, hurtful, and provides 0 value to the conversation. Admitting you were wrong will help patch the credibility you lost when you chose to post this.

Reactions: 79COUG and Fab5Coug
Boy, touchy bunch, aren't we? Allright, my remark was a bit judgemental, and insulting (though well-deserved) about Lewiston, Idaho. And the respectable young lady is not from Lewiston, but rather Julietta, ID (about 10 miles away).

And yes, I was assuming (perhaps incorrectly) about the young lady's marital status with her first child. I researched and found previous references under two other (hyphenated) last names. So bad on me. Sorry. At least I'm not HHusky in another thread defending Jerramy Stevens.

However, I think that there is a big difference between Boobie coming back as a senior and properly hyped and scouted as an NFL prospect, as opposed to "hey I'm declaring".

Perhaps the seeming haste to declare a year early was rooted in part by the impending responsibilities of fatherhood. But I'm sure it was mutually planned.

I hope for the best results (draft-wise) and nothing but happiness for Williams and his family. But I wish he could have stayed for next year, finished his degree, and gotten a bit pf pre-draft hype. I bet that next year we will utilize the backs even more given our upcoming QB situation
Your "apology" drips with sarcasm and insincerity. But oh well, you can't change a tigers stripes.
But I do wish you would heed Crimson Disciples advice and simply delete the post in question.

Comedy is a rugged biz. LC is the Louis CK of WazzuWatch.

That said, not specific to this particular instance, the general question of lineage in Lewiston, ID is whether one's grandpa is also one's uncle....

We celebrated greatly the day my father's paycheck hit $1000 per month. Gross, before tax. After 25 years of service and a Masters degree.

I can believe it.

My wife retired from a (Snohomish Co) "Western Washington school district" just a couple of years back. She had a WSU Bachelors degree in education and a Masters degree as well. The district is neither the highest, nor nearly the lowest, paid in the area. But she NEVER got a six figure income out of them. Not with 40 years in the district and all her degrees, continuing ed. and extra-time activities that she put into things.

All I'm saying is, let's not overgeneralize. And please don't impugn her for giving her heart and soul to the kids in that district for so much of her life and "not cashing in like she should have" (according to some). She was pretty much the "most requested" teacher there over the years, including by parents who happened to be other teachers. And she's a VERY proud Coug grad!

I'd be very surprised if he didn't get drafted. I think that if he were at a school like San Diego State...he would of gained 1200 yards per season.
I'm more worried about what happens after he gets drafted - which is itself far from a guarantee. Average NFL career is something like 3 years. Even if he's successful odds say he's out of the NFL near his 25th birthday. We all hope he plays for 20 years and makes millions; failing that, I hope he has a backup plan.

I'm more worried about what happens after he gets drafted - which is itself far from a guarantee. Average NFL career is something like 3 years. Even if he's successful odds say he's out of the NFL near his 25th birthday. We all hope he plays for 20 years and makes millions; failing that, I hope he has a backup plan.

That is another great danger. I was snooping on the internet after he declared and saw him in a picture in front of a Lamborghini and his comment was along the lines of "hope to have one some day". Many people think that but most don't get put in a position to be tempted to actually do it. I hope he spends his NFL money wisely if he gets it.

That is another great danger. I was snooping on the internet after he declared and saw him in a picture in front of a Lamborghini and his comment was along the lines of "hope to have one some day". Many people think that but most don't get put in a position to be tempted to actually do it. I hope he spends his NFL money wisely if he gets it.

Yes. Williams isn't going to make life changing money if he gets drafted. Let's say he makes $500,000 a year. Half goes to taxes/agent. So he makes $250,000 after taxes. Pretty good money but the income could be gone in a heart beat and most athlete's increase their spending and lifestyle far beyond what the income justifies.

Hopefully his fiancee continues to teach and James saves as much money as he can. If he does that he can live a comfortable life in retirement when he takes a post football job. Wish the young man well, but I think he'll probably make more dollars post football so the degree would be nice.

Shelf life of an NFL RB is even shorter. Even the good ones out of college - the 1st & 2nd round picks who are good enough to play right away - are mostly done before they turn 30. You can just about count on your hands the number of successful seasons by an RB after 30.

Ok, I can’t hold my tongue any longer. There is no chance in Hell he makes an NFL roster. Come on!! We’re talking NFL running backs here. He doesn’t have the speed OR the power to play in the league.

I hope I’m wrong, but I just don’t see it. Most of us wanted Borghi, a true freshman, to get more reps than him.

Agree. You have to be a physical freak to make it as a RB in the NFL (size speed strength). I hope I'm wrong about Williams, but I'm not seeing it for him.

Excellent evaluation. Thanks Flat!!

I was surprised that the writer even considered his ability as an every down back, because I doubt that anyone here thinks of him that way, but the author was spot on in his evaluation of Williams as a third down/rotational back. Looking at fantasy football this year, Williams is in good company in that respect and has the skills to compete. Although I know that coaches cringe every time he does it, his athleticism to hurdle opposing players combined with his ability to juke defenders in space should absolutely get him a look somewhere.

Reactions: 79COUG
I was surprised that the writer even considered his ability as an every down back, because I doubt that anyone here thinks of him that way, but the author was spot on in his evaluation of Williams as a third down/rotational back. Looking at fantasy football this year, Williams is in good company in that respect and has the skills to compete. Although I know that coaches cringe every time he does it, his athleticism to hurdle opposing players combined with his ability to juke defenders in space should absolutely get him a look somewhere.
I'm just impressed with this writers research. He obviously takes his job seriously.
Refreshing.

Reactions: acgcoug
Agree. You have to be a physical freak to make it as a RB in the NFL (size speed strength). I hope I'm wrong about Williams, but I'm not seeing it for him.
I dunno I’ve seen JW do some pretty freakish things. Go watch that Oregon run. People talk about his moves and forget how many tackles he breaks. I’d call him slippery. His speed and quickness puts defenders in a position where they are making an arm tackle at best, and he breaks those routinely. Trying to think of guy he reminds me of. I’d say Kamara (Kamara is a stud, not saying JW as good but that kind of back/skill set). It’s a tough position going pro because there is SOOO much talent, I wouldn’t bet against him, but there’s certainly a reasonable doubt he makes an NFL roster.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT