ADVERTISEMENT

Jervae Robinson..

ElComanche

Hall Of Fame
Sep 28, 2007
.. ia a 6'2 juco point guard from Otero Jr College. He has been offered by the cougs. He averaged 14 pts and 3.9 rbs. He shot 31 % from 3 pt land and 78.8 FT%,However he only shot 20.9 %from 3 pt land in conference play. The cougs are his only D1 offer. He is not a physically talented player. I am not impressed and think he would be a backup PG at best.The cougs have offered other highly rated jucos like 6'2 Shane Gatlin and 6'3 Ricky Torres . However the guys are being pursued by many D 1 schools.I would hope the cougs will land someone better to be honest.

Whatever happened to Mickelson. He was an invited walk on I think. Hevsoundedvas good as this jc

Perhaps his forte is defense? The cougs can sure use a pg who can play tough man to man defense. I saw new stats showing at 12.5 pts shooting 43 % and 39.8 % 3 pt and 79% ftp. Maybe the coug staff is high on him for some reason?Those shooting percentages sound much better and i do not know the reason for the differences. I also found new tapes from 2017 and he looks much better. He showed improved quickness and athleticism However,the cougs are his only D1 offer. His only D1 offer out of Hs was from CSU. Someone on the coaching staff must really like this guy.I think that he is the PG,they will sign.

Last edited:
They really need another point guard for next year. The thought of Acquaah playing 35 minutes a game at the point is scary - unless he can cut down the turnovers. They evidently don't think the walk-on redshirt they have is up to the task.

Coach Elwyn McRoy is recruiting Robinson for the Cougs, maybe he's familiar with him. Robinson spent some time working out with Nick Graham (as did Drick Bernstine).

I think Acquaah will step up quite a bit next year, but very unlikely that we don't have a drop off from what we would have gotten with Flynn at pg. I actually think Franks is more replaceable, but it will take some stepped performances at that spot too.

Perhaps ,the PG position may be a wash if he can play defense. i saw too many times where Flynn was dog trotting and following his man in who had just blown past him. Flynn will be missed on the offensive side of the ball

It looks like it will be between WSU and UNCWilmington which is also a D1 school. They play in the Colonial Athletic league. He is visiting there this weekend

Otero Jr College will play Casper jr College in the regional juco tournament in La Junta Colorado tonight..Robinson s team will face 7'0 213 Octavion Corley who is still being looked at by the cougs. Corley is a raw ,extremely athletic big man whose main forte is defense.

Otero jr college advanced to the semifinals improving their record to 31-5 winning 86-72. Robinson had 10 pts and 4 assts in the winning effort. Corley did not play for unknown reasons

The Otero-Casper game was actually played a month ago (March 8). Their seasons are long over. I believe Robinson was on a visit to Wilmington this weekend - I assume he will also be visiting Pullman if he hasn't already.

Corley was evidently injured late in the season. He would seem to be a major project and was not a starter in his 2nd year of JC ball. His only recent offer is from Portland State. Would rather take a HS big who is a project.

The Otero-Casper game was actually played a month ago (March 8). Their seasons are long over. I believe Robinson was on a visit to Wilmington this weekend - I assume he will also be visiting Pullman if he hasn't already.

Corley was evidently injured late in the season. He would seem to be a major project and was not a starter in his 2nd year of JC ball. His only recent offer is from Portland State. Would rather take a HS big who is a project.
Totally agree. Taking a non-starting JC big man seems too Paul-Grahamish to me. Who could forget Rower and Stasiak? Well, a lot of people could.

Sure seems difficult to lure any HS players at this point. The JC route doesn't usually allow a program to build any long term health....just bandaids, especially when they are like Cooper and Hinson....guys who don't contribute much the first year. Lots of players are transferring from programs right now. I wonder if WSU is going after any of them? Would they be interested in coming to Pullman?

Glad Cougar

Yes my fault. I posted earlier that he was on a recruiting trip to UNCWilmington,this weekend . I see him as a backup point guard.Robinson is probably a good bet to pick up as a commit. Corley is not a first priority but he is a defensive presence and might help the team Javan White a grad transfer from Oral Roberts has two years of eligibility remaining. He looks to probably be the best out there but i do not know if the cougs are recruiting him

Robinson s stock is rising as he has received an offer from St Bonaventure. The Bonnies had offered Ricky Torres,another coug recruit,but he is expected to sign with Wichita State. Ricky Torres was just named first string Juco AA. Tha same honor as 6'2 PG,Gatling who was also offered by the cougs and the Bonnies

The coaching staff has been unusually quiet approaching this "regular" recruiting period. So there may be another surprise or two coming.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT