ADVERTISEMENT

juco PG ?

ElComanche

Hall Of Fame
Sep 28, 2007
The cougs are looking at 5'11Marcus Johnson Jr. He plays for Hill CC and is averaging 16.9 pts and 8.2 Assts while shooting 50%,76.6 % Ft and 47.1 % from 3 pt land.

Stats much better than any PG currently on the team. This position is still a weakness of the program.

I really do not see them taking another PG unless Dunbar leaves. He has not made the physical and mental transition to succeed in D 1 basketball. He needs to gain strength and develop a stronger mental attitude if he is going to succeed and play at this level. College basketball is so much more physical than HS. It can be football without pads on the court. It may look like just finesse but Some players never make the transition. It be interesting to see if Dunbar picks it up in the off season or transfers.

I think you are right about Dunbar. If he currently had the ability to play Pac-12 ball, Ernie would have been playing him the last several weeks with Redding struggling. Looking to recruit another PG for this next season is a signal from the coach...and with the HS kid Aquaah coming in the following year, Dunbar's prospects don't seem to be all that good. Too bad, seems like a nice kid...and you never know, he could make dramatic improvement between freshman and sophomore years (aka Hawkinson). But I would not be surprised to see Dunbar & Davis find new homes next year.

Glad Cougar

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT