ADVERTISEMENT

Just curious about virus and the impacts on visits

grahamcoug

All Conference
Nov 26, 2013
Graham
I wonder how the coronavirus impacts recruiting in the form of in person recruiting? Obviously face to face visits wouldn't be impacted in Washington under the no meeting together in group sizes larger than 250 people. That would be one large in home family visit.

What are the other impacts?

I wonder how the coronavirus impacts recruiting in the form of in person recruiting? Obviously face to face visits wouldn't be impacted in Washington under the no meeting together in group sizes larger than 250 people. That would be one large in home family visit.

What are the other impacts?

Travel is the problem. No one is going to want to fly unless necessary.

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!"

(name that tune, old timers)

Travel is the problem. No one is going to want to fly unless necessary.
Will spring training take place if more test kits result in more positive results. it's only a matter of weeks.
EMZL.gif

They’re gonna cancel spring ball and they won’t be any trips, off campus recruiting or travel. I’d be shocked if they don’t suspend conditioning as well until summer.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
A lot of injured kids will get the chance to heal without distractions this spring. I can't imagine that any sports will be running as it stands.

Practices are currently scheduled to continue. Although that could change at any moment.

Test kits are limited. Do we have the ability to test all the players and staff? If so and there are no positives then maybe a reduced form of Spring practice may be possible. If not then workouts need to be limited to individual efforts. A particularly bad time for this in that a new offensive scheme needs to be learned as well as allowing the new staff to evaluate what skill sets they have to deal with.

That said, would not be shocked to hear that Spring practice has been cancelled.

Well, we're not recruits, but still planning on taking our 16 year old daughter to "Preview for Juniors" day on 4/25. The Crimson & Gray game may or may not happen, but we're hoping that the Preview for Juniors Day is not cancelled. We're actually going to fly this time. Have not flown into Pullman since Cascade Airways was in business, (before Horizon).

With the entire state and country just shutting down, (and right now it's non-stop....schools, libraries, restaurants, businesses....)....would be surprised if this high school event is not cancelled.
Our daughter has never been on campus during a non-football weekend, which we're looking forward to.

Something we've been planning since the day she was born.

Last edited:
Well, we're not recruits, but still planning on taking our 16 year old daughter to "Preview for Juniors" day on 4/25. The Crimson & Gray game may or may not happen, but we're hoping that the Preview for Juniors Day is not cancelled. We're actually going to fly this time. Have not flown into Pullman since Cascade Airways was in business, (before Horizon).

With the entire state and country just shutting down, (and right now it's non-stop....schools, libraries, restaurants, businesses....)....would be surprised if this high school event is not cancelled.
Our daughter has never been on campus during a non-football weekend, which we're looking forward to.

My daughter and I received an email yesterday notifying us that Experience WSU scheduled for 3/28 has been cancelled. They're planning on scheduling an "alternative function" for incoming freshmen. We're bummed however they will still be awarding the $1000 you get for attending. Thought that was a pretty decent move on their part.

Reactions: M-I-Coug
Test kits are limited. Do we have the ability to test all the players and staff? If so and there are no positives then maybe a reduced form of Spring practice may be possible. If not then workouts need to be limited to individual efforts. A particularly bad time for this in that a new offensive scheme needs to be learned as well as allowing the new staff to evaluate what skill sets they have to deal with.

That said, would not be shocked to hear that Spring practice has been cancelled.
You can count on your hands how many tests are available in Whitman county. They won’t be offered to people who aren’t symptomatic, and shouldn’t be used to confirm negatives.

As of today, spring practice remains on the schedule.

Make sure your tickets are refundable. Events in Pullman are more than likely going to be cancelled. Expect more communications soon.

EDIT:
And now it's official. Pullman will stay on distance learning for the rest of the semester. Mom's weekend is cancelled. No decision was announced about other events, but if they're scrubbing Mom's weekend, I gotta think everything else is out the window too.

Last edited:
....anybody else getting strong armed by their ticket rep to renew today (during a "National Emergency") or else?

Almost 6 months before first game.

Did Brady Cook move back to Pullman?

Make sure your tickets are refundable. Events in Pullman are more than likely going to be cancelled. Expect more communications soon.

EDIT:
And now it's official. Pullman will stay on distance learning for the rest of the semester. Mom's weekend is cancelled. No decision was announced about other events, but if they're scrubbing Mom's weekend, I gotta think everything else is out the window too.
WSU has made the decision to suspend all in-person campus visits—including daily tours, group tours, and visitation events.

Alaska/Horizon refunded. No questions asked.

Hertz Rental Car (Pre-Paid, was non-refundable), refunded. No questions asked, except....say the word "Corona" and the travel industry shall refund.

Government will cover, (printing money now) to bail-out the travel industry for financial loss and hardship.

Last edited:
....anybody else getting strong armed by their ticket rep to renew today (during a "National Emergency") or else?

Almost 6 months before first game.

Did Brady Cook move back to Pullman?
Well, today is the last day to renew, so an active push shouldn’t be a surprise (although it should have come earlier).

But, no, I’m not being strong-armed...because I renewed already.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT