ADVERTISEMENT

Kase Wynott

The thing I wonder about with Wynott is he moves so smoothly that it's difficult to tell if the quickness is there especially defensively. Otherwise there is a lot to like. It's a big jump from Lapwai, but he seems like a Zag recruit of 25 years ago.

His quickness, or lack thereof, is the first thing that hit me. He didn't look all that quick to me and I'm sure none of the other players in that video have anything close to the quickness he's going to see in college.

Would rather see his AAU film highlights.

It is a big big leap from Lapwai-level competition to Division 1. Hope we don’t have another Lance den Boer here.

Size, speed, skill and strength are all required at the next level. High school players can get by with two of those.

FYI, here's what Coach Riley has to say about Wynott so far:

"He's our leading offensive rebounder right now. He's like Josh Hart (of the Knicks) out there flying in. I think yesterday he had four assists, zero turnovers, he's making the right play. Everyone knows him as a scorer, but he's just a complete basketball player. As he's getting adjusted to the speed, he's shown some flashes as a defender that have been good. So now it's just an adjustment coming from where he came from to be able to guard this level. He's exceeded my expectations and I had pretty dang high expectations for him."

Glad Cougar

Just because he's from Lapwai doesn't mean he can't play. I read somewhere he's actually from Winchester which is only 1/3 the size of Lapwai. Idaho had a kid from Lapwai (played HS at Clarkston) a couple of years ago that tore the Big Sky apart. High praise from Riley.

Would rather see his AAU film highlights.

It is a big big leap from Lapwai-level competition to Division 1. Hope we don’t have another Lance den Boer here.

Size, speed, skill and strength are all required at the next level. High school players can get by with two of those.
If he is, WSU moves on. Nowadays it isn't that hard. He does have size, skill, and strength. His speed, skill and strength will only improve with WSU's coaching, the nutrition program, and the strength and conditioning program.

Good old Lance den Boer! As soon as I saw him play in the state B tourney the first thought that came to my mind was “someone is getting fired for this “!

Good old Lance den Boer! As soon as I saw him play in the state B tourney the first thought that came to my mind was “someone is getting fired for this “!
He did have a nice career at Central and is in their Hall of Fame. But not a P12 player.

His release was like Steve Austin running. Unfortunately he was probably Eastman’s best in-state recruit.
You are thinking of Paul Graham, Graham recruited him and was fired leaving him and the rest of the mess that was WSU basketball for Dick Bennett.

You are thinking of Paul Graham, Graham recruited him and was fired leaving him and the rest of the mess that was WSU basketball for Dick Bennett.
Yup, you are correct. Played a year under Dick/Tony then off to Central for his last 3. Really awful years although Moore and Kelati were good players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT