ADVERTISEMENT

Kids played hard

walzuu

Team Captain
Nov 23, 2016
really hard. I think that’s the best effort we’ve seen this year. Bummer it didn’t result in a victory.

The purposeful short kickoff is maddening. Those last two drives really highlighted the dichotomy between the two sides of the ball . I think the defensive staff will break this down tomorrow and realize they put kids in the wrong places (blitzing on third a distance, sitting back to be picked apart on the last drive) and realize they left one out there. Gotta find a way to win 2 of the next 3.

I won't say Cal or Stanford or Oregon State for that matter are going to be easy but we should get the next 3 assuming we stay healthy.
I agree that we should get all three. Cals offense might be bad enough for our defense to not look pathetic.

I agree that we should get all three. Cals offense might be bad enough for our defense to not look pathetic.
Exactly although on the other side Cal's defense has given us problems. Both teams definitely need a win.

Exactly although on the other side Cal's defense has given us problems. Both teams definitely need a win.
Yep. Hope that we have the horses to get of their press man. I think you’re going to see two desperate teams coming off byes in a pac 12 network 2pm special.

The AC doesn't get me all worked up. It did when I was younger, but I just want to win as many games as possible. If you could guarantee no less than 8 wins for the Cougs from now until eternity, but never win another AC, I'd take it in a heart beat.

The AC doesn't get me all worked up. It did when I was younger, but I just want to win as many games as possible. If you could guarantee no less than 8 wins for the Cougs from now until eternity, but never win another AC, I'd take it in a heart beat.
I get that. I just spend time around too many arrogant huskies to feel the same way.

I like that attitude, but man, I'd need to get, at least a few AC wins in that scenario. Even if it's 1 every 3 or 4 years.

After seeing oregon and the mutts i think this may be a funky year where we beat themutts

Assuming good weather

I like that attitude, but man, I'd need to get, at least a few AC wins in that scenario. Even if it's 1 every 3 or 4 years.
They're a good team most years, so in that respect, it's nice beating good teams. Outside of that you're (referring to the collective you) giving them too much power/credit by needing to beat them so badly every year is my thinking

Two bad coaching decisions at the end. The short kick off decision was dumb. And the soft D with minimal rush (when we'd had such success with more pressure) was also dumb.

Dumb, dumb, dumb and obviously dumb at the time.

Rookie coordinators get cute where more experienced folks go with what has been working.

Yes, the D was probably gassed. But our D is not good enough to overcome dumb coaching decisions.

On the positive front, we played well enough to win until the opponent's last drive. UCLA, ASU and now Oregon were all losses because we did not stay with what had been working and instead got cute.

If the coordinators do not learn from this, we'll have to change the description from "dumb" to "STUPID".

Reactions: BiggsCoug
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT