ADVERTISEMENT

Klay tears ACL....

Grown ups is a great movie. You, of all people, should be flattered. Just giving you the attention you crave. Lighten up, Francois. This is a great thread. It's given us Edith's claim he actually could once dunk a basketball. Of course, the hoops were at 8 feet.

Seriously doubt ED could dunk, based on ED's profile pics, that he has used for his profile pic, and based on his job(people in his job, usually werent, arent good, great athletes capable of dunking.

To put this into perspective:

My dad was a Girls Basketball coach, math teacher.

I lived, ate, drank, played, slept, etc, Basketball.

I started playing basketball in 2nd, 3rd Grade, played organized school team ball in grades 4th thru 7th.

I didnt play highschool ball because of stupid coach who wouldnt give me a chance to try out, because he ASS U MED I was too short, couldnt play, even tho the 6' 7" star Jeff Palmer, that played for BBCC was lightly recruited by WSU, Ore St. Who backed off, vouched for me, and even tho coach had a 6' 2 in, who couldnt play, even if his life were to depend on it. And the coach's team finished last in Big 9 conference.

Then I was asked to walk on to BBCC by coaches, players, Jeff Palmer. So I walked on to BBCC.

Played Churchball, Played Rec ball, played intramural ball.

Won the Churchball Regional Championship. Team scored 120.

Won the Rec Regional Championship. Team scored about 117.

Won the BBCC Intramural Tournament. Team Scored about 119 against the Faculty, BBCC coaches, BBCC Bball Players, etc teams.

Scored 17 points, 11 assist against the MTC Missionaries, a couple, few, some of the better, best high school, JC, college bball players in USA, who were taking timeout from their Bball careers, to serve as missionaries, in 4 on 4, half court, fullcourt play on missionary Preparation Days(Basically their days off from missionary work to have a liitle fun, play bball, laundry, etc), at BYU, Provo Utah, Bball Gym.

Now hearing that one would think I might have been able to Dunk at least once in my life.

NO couldnt dunk if my life were to have depended on it.

I was a undersized combo 1,2 Pg, SG guard.

I was 5' 8 and 1/2 in tall, back then, and now.

I was athletic, in a couple, few, some ways, but not athletic enough in other ways.

I was, am a shooter. Shot well, finished well at rim with lay ups, tear droppers, runners, mid ranger jumpers, 3 pointers, baseline, to all areas of court. Passed well. Dished out assist. Good crossover dribble, good offensive lateral quickness, shifty, good ball handler, good at driving, slashing, beating others off dribble, semi raw, semi explosive first step, etc, did the little things, like move well without ball, get, got open, set screens, pick and roll, cut, and back cut to inside an or rim, good at spacing, sometimes had good bball IQ.

Also sealed lane for drivers, rebounders, blocked out for rebounders, good defensive lateral quickness, hard to be beat off dribble by other players, good at stealing ball.

Weaknesses:

Couldnt dunk. A couple, few, sometimes would be so explosive in slashing to basket that either got out of control, couldnt finish at rim with lay up, tear drop, runner, etc, couldnt dish off a pass, couldnt stop if couldnt stop, dish off, if there was a shot blocker at rim, which sometimes meant that either got shotblocked, or traveled, couldnt score, went out of bounds, turned ball over, etc.

A couple, few, sometimes, couldnt see hidden traps, didnt have as good court vision as could have, didnt always read defense as well as could have, because of size, Bball IQ, etc.

That meant that sometimes when would pass, whether on outside, or whether inside, or whether to the Big, posted up inside, sometimes would get passes intercepted, stolen, poked, knocked away, kicked, etc.

So because of that was occasionally turnover prone a couple, few, sometimes on occasion.

Also I was easily outrebounded.

Also altho I couldnt dunk, I was explosive, and would glide, explode, long jump horizontal wise, so that could take off from behind the freethrow line, thru the air, and not have my feet touch ground until touch baseline.

The highest I jumped was to be able to just barely be able to fingertip rim, bottom of backboard, net.

Only reason why went into this is to show not making this up.

And only reason why showing not making this up, is to show that IF I COULDNT DUNK, WITH THAT BACKGROUND, THERE IS NO WAY THAT ED IS DUNKING WITH HIS NOT AS ATHLETICALLY GOOD BACKGROUND.

Wow. Look, dunking isn't a big deal. I'm 6'3 and could throw down in my college years when I was doing jumping exercises. Even out of shape etown can get rim and I'm closer to 40 than 30. Lots of former athlete's get into the mortgage racket. Not a stretch to say Ed was able to be close enough to throw down back in the day, especially if he is taller than average.

Seriously doubt ED could dunk, based on ED's profile pics, that he has used for his profile pic, and based on his job(people in his job, usually werent, arent good, great athletes capable of dunking.

I started playing basketball in 2nd, 3rd Grade, played organized school team ball in grades 4th thru 7th.

I didnt play highschool ball because of stupid coach who wouldnt give me a chance to try out, because he ASS U MED I was too short, couldnt play, even tho the 6' 7" star Jeff Palmer, that played for BBCC was lightly recruited by WSU, Ore St. Who backed off, vouched for me, and even tho coach had a 6' 2 in, who couldnt play, even if his life were to depend on it. And the coach's team finished last in Big 9 conference.

Then I was asked to walk on to BBCC by coaches, players, Jeff Palmer. So I walked on to BBCC.

Won the BBCC Intramural Tournament. Team Scored about 119 against the Faculty, BBCC coaches, BBCC Bball Players, etc teams.

Scored 17 points, 11 assist against the MTC Missionaries, a couple, few, some of the better, best high school, JC, college bball players in USA, who were taking timeout from their Bball careers, to serve as missionaries, in 4 on 4, half court, fullcourt play on missionary Preparation Days(Basically their days off from missionary work to have a liitle fun, play bball, laundry, etc), at BYU, Provo Utah, Bball Gym.

Now hearing that one would think I might have been able to Dunk at least once in my life.

I was athletic, in a couple, few, some ways, but not athletic enough in other ways.

I was, am a shooter. Shot well, finished well at rim with lay ups, tear droppers, runners, mid ranger jumpers, 3 pointers, baseline, to all areas of court. Passed well. Dished out assist. Good crossover dribble, good offensive lateral quickness, shifty, good ball handler, good at driving, slashing, beating others off dribble, semi raw, semi explosive first step, etc, did the little things, like move well without ball, get, got open, set screens, pick and roll, cut, and back cut to inside an or rim, good at spacing, sometimes had good bball IQ.

Also sealed lane for drivers, rebounders, blocked out for rebounders, good defensive lateral quickness, hard to be beat off dribble by other players, good at stealing ball.

Weaknesses:

Couldnt dunk. A couple, few, sometimes would be so explosive in slashing to basket that either got out of control, couldnt finish at rim with lay up, tear drop, runner, etc, couldnt dish off a pass, couldnt stop if couldnt stop, dish off, if there was a shot blocker at rim, which sometimes meant that either got shotblocked, or traveled, couldnt score, went out of bounds, turned ball over, etc.

A couple, few, sometimes, couldnt see hidden traps, didnt have as good court vision as could have, didnt always read defense as well as could have, because of size, Bball IQ, etc.

That meant that sometimes when would pass, whether on outside, or whether inside, or whether to the Big, posted up inside, sometimes would get passes intercepted, stolen, poked, knocked away, kicked, etc.

So because of that was occasionally turnover prone a couple, few, sometimes on occasion.

Also altho I couldnt dunk, I was explosive, and would glide, explode, long jump horizontal wise, so that could take off from behind the freethrow line, thru the air, and not have my feet touch ground until touch baseline.

The highest I jumped was to be able to just barely be able to fingertip rim, bottom of backboard, net.

And only reason why showing not making this up, is to show that IF I COULDNT DUNK, WITH THAT BACKGROUND, THERE IS NO WAY THAT ED IS DUNKING WITH HIS NOT AS ATHLETICALLY GOOD BACKGROUND.

Wow. Look, dunking isn't a big deal. I'm 6'3 and could throw down in my college years when I was doing jumping exercises. Even out of shape etown can get rim and I'm closer to 40 than 30. Lots of former athlete's get into the mortgage racket. Not a stretch to say Ed was able to be close enough to throw down back in the day, especially if he is taller than average.

I've seen Ed. He'd need a trampoline just to touch the net.:D

Weaknesses:

What do you think Ed's athletic background actually is?

Weaknesses:

Well I can honestly say my background doesn’t sound anything like yours. I never did play in a church league and anything to do with missionary wasn’t related to church doings.

But you did spark my curiosity what pics have you seen of me. as I have never put a profile pic of me up... yet. Also, what makes you think I was and am non athletic ?

Finally, you and others missed the point or emphasize what isn’t important. What was tried to be communicated was the pain that came with the acl tear. .When hearing my story - it was about the pain that came with the acl TWENTY five years ago and assume that the dunk was a pass, I was up six inches and came down . No contact, no awkward landing but my knee exploded. Also assume back when I was younger I would pull a muscle trying to dunk on a 7 foot hoop, I would get my second chin caught in the net. Maybe that will get you and others to the crux of the story.

So to recap the story was about pain and the acl , I knew it right away, and when my daughter tore hers last fall going for a header , not a dunk , not skying two feet, but rather literally up six inches no contact and her knee popped on the way up. And yes unlike loyal she was in a great deal of pain as was klay.

Last edited:

Weaknesses:

My word. What in the actual blue hell are you talking about?

Reactions: FnuLnu and CougEd

Weaknesses:

Mik...I have been thinking about this and your stereotypes. But before I address your stereotype, when have you seen a picture of me either now or 25 years ago when i did tear my acl? I have used John Clayton as a avatar, and I have used Mrs Doubtfire and also the warden from Shawshank Redemption, please don't confuse me with those public figures.

In terms of stereotypes, do you remember Duane Stewart? Do you know what he did after he left WSU? How about Mkrysto Bruce ? Both either were or are currently in the mortgage biz, so you don't have to be "non athletic" to be in this industry.

You might as well assumed I am white and I can't jump, makes as much sense as any other stereotype you came up with.

Weaknesses:

New dictionary entry:

mikalalasize:
  1. To make long, logically flawed, and barely comprehensible diatribes, frequently of dubious relevance;
  2. To use 1,000 words where 10 will do, in a manner that would make even Jim Walden dizzy;

Reactions: Fab5Coug
New dictionary entry:

mikalalasize:
  1. To make long, logically flawed, and barely comprehensible diatribes, frequently of dubious relevance;
  2. To use 1,000 words where 10 will do, in a manner that would make even Jim Walden dizzy;

Too funny...I did hear he tore up the church league. That was my take away.

Mik...I have been thinking about this and your stereotypes. But before I address your stereotype, when have you seen a picture of me either now or 25 years ago when i did tear my acl? I have used John Clayton as a avatar, and I have used Mrs Doubtfire and also the warden from Shawshank Redemption, please don't confuse me with those public figures.

In terms of stereotypes, do you remember Duane Stewart? Do you know what he did after he left WSU? How about Mkrysto Bruce ? Both either were or are currently in the mortgage biz, so you don't have to be "non athletic" to be in this industry.

You might as well assumed I am white and I can't jump, makes as much sense as any other stereotype you came up with.

Heck, Jack Thompson is in the mortgage industry.

New dictionary entry:

mikalalasize:

I used to be the guy who was guilty of writing paragraphs where sentences would satisfy. Mikalakas ripped that title from me with a vengeance. I now use his posts as a weekly reminder to embrace brevity.

I used to be the guy who was guilty of writing paragraphs where sentences would satisfy. Mikalakas ripped that title from me with a vengeance. I now use his posts as a weekly reminder to embrace brevity.

I do like his passion..so I will wade through some of the stuff that doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT