ADVERTISEMENT

Knee replacement

Your ortho went into you knee for a scope, said there is no ACL and didn’t do anything about it ?
Well it was a couple of years after I blew it - they originally jabbed me with a horse needle and took out 50 CC's of fluid. You could hear me screaming in the whole clinic. That sucker hurt.

So Doc said come back when the swelling subsides and we will look at it. Of course I did not until the knee started clicking pretty bad and occasionally would pop out of joint. Still does. So by then it was too late to do anything about my ACL.

Did we really do this to a thread that one of our fellow Cougs put up about getting a knee replacement? FFS.
Did we really continue with what a fellow Coug said about his penis and then continue?? You tell me!

Well it was a couple of years after I blew it - they originally jabbed me with a horse needle and took out 50 CC's of fluid. You could hear me screaming in the whole clinic. That sucker hurt.

So Doc said come back when the swelling subsides and we will look at it. Of course I did not until the knee started clicking pretty bad and occasionally would pop out of joint. Still does. So by then it was too late to do anything about my ACL.
Oh Shit! Here we go again. See you folks later.

Reactions: kougkurt
Because his

PenisCoug is at it again?
Allright you guys. I guess you are guys, really starting to wonder.

First of all, out of all my posts, I really don't post women shit very often. Go count them up.

Second, I guess it doesn't shine through but most of the time I am just joking or talking shit. That's how we did it where I came from. If we like you we will talk shit. If we don't, we won't talk at all.

3rd, I don't know why my occasional (and again mostly joking) references to sex or women or anything related gets so many panties in a wad. We are guys. That is what we do. At least where I come from. I respect the shit out of women. I love women. They are so soft and warm.

So lighten the F up. Your collective outrage just makes me scratch my head. What is your F-ing problem? You don't like women? You don't like to have a little fun with it?

You know why a Husky FB player has red eyes after sex? Mace.
You know what an Idaho girl says to her boyfriend after sex? Hey Dad get off me you are crushing my smokes.

So there you F-ing pansies. I'm sick of your neutered dog shit.

Allright you guys. I guess you are guys, really starting to wonder.

First of all, out of all my posts, I really don't post women shit very often. Go count them up.

Second, I guess it doesn't shine through but most of the time I am just joking or talking shit. That's how we did it where I came from. If we like you we will talk shit. If we don't, we won't talk at all.

3rd, I don't know why my occasional (and again mostly joking) references to sex or women or anything related gets so many panties in a wad. We are guys. That is what we do. At least where I come from. I respect the shit out of women. I love women. They are so soft and warm.

So lighten the F up. Your collective outrage just makes me scratch my head. What is your F-ing problem? You don't like women? You don't like to have a little fun with it?

You know why a Husky FB player has red eyes after sex? Mace.
You know what an Idaho girl says to her boyfriend after sex? Hey Dad get off me you are crushing my smokes.

So there you F-ing pansies. I'm sick of your neutered dog shit.

Would a woman want to come on here again? You've already made it clear that you were talking shit about them Although not very often. Who knows how many other times? No one cares where you came from. It doesn't matter where we come from. That's true! Yet....you are an exception. Do you have anything more to say about women other than "soft and warm"? How about more like you than different! And then start from there. I suggest more than lightening up that that respect them more often for what they are and what they do as well as much as how well as how they do it. Now tell me about how many more panties you've been in?

Would a woman want to come on here again? You've already made it clear that you were talking shit about them Although not very often. Who knows how many other times? No one cares where you came from. It doesn't matter where we come from. That's true! Yet....you are an exception. Do you have anything more to say about women other than "soft and warm"? How about more like you than different! And then start from there. I suggest more than lightening up that that respect them more often for what they are and what they do as well as much as how well as how they do it. Now tell me about how many more panties you've been in?
Allright buddy, points well taken. But I have never talked shit about women per se, and they are soft and warm. So fine. I will reaffirm that I will knock off the sex and women talk. Just cut me some damn slack. And no more panty counts. Although there have been - oops I'm not going there. Peace. :)

Allright buddy, points well taken. But I have never talked shit about women per se, and they are soft and warm. So fine. I will reaffirm that I will knock off the sex and women talk. Just cut me some damn slack. And no more panty counts. Although there have been - oops I'm not going there.
Dude, you need to lay off the booze got more than the panties. you would be a much happier man??

OK Mom. And I am quite happy, thank you. I like to drink, I'm a Coug. That will never change. Just have gone to beer instead of whiskey, vodka and tequila.

As a complete aside, this site is F-ed up. Half the time when I try to post or reply it bounces me. Annoying as hell.

Thanks Stretch
Hope that little story didn't make you more nervous than you already are, just was trying to illustrate that complications are rare these days. Of course, there is always Bill Walton's famous quote when someone asked him about some upcoming 'minor surgery'- "Minor surgery is when they do it on someone else"! Anecdote meant to be funny.

Don't stress out too much, trust in your doctors and the staff, and follow Ed's advice about being diligent with the PT afterwards and you will do fine. We will all be rooting for you to do well, and be careful what you say when you are coming out from under the anesthetic. I am told that when I was in recovery years ago from my shoulder surgery I was babbling and telling stories, and ended up asking one of the folks there to go bowling with my wife and me! LOL

Don't do that!

Reactions: kougkurt
Made it, Thanks for the words of encouragement. Resting👊
If I may channel my inner Otter from Animal House.. relax I am pre med ….rest, the pain will be tomorrow morn and then start hitting rehab… congrats !!!

Kurt, I've done a hip. Knees are more involved due to the greater variety of motion and number of parts involved.

There is no surgery that could be described as "routine", but having said that, pretty much every joint replacement has been done so many times, it is nothing unusual. If your surgeon has experience you will be just fine, and assuming no infection the healing will go as per schedule.

Where the rubber meets the road is your commitment to physical therapy. That is where you will regain function, and your commitment to PT and ability to communicate with the physical therapist will dictate how well that goes and what degree of performance you can get out of the new joint. The biggest single danger to this is that the knee will quickly quit hurting....long before the full function is restored. It is tempting to figure that 70% of previous motion & capability is enough, since it no longer hurts and PT twice per week plus exercises every night is not worth the effort (and occasionally pain) that goes with it. But that is what it takes to get close to brand new. My hip is about 97% of a real hip. I am a bit anal when it comes to PT (I've done it roughly a dozen times for various things). But for me, the results make the effort worthwhile. From what I've seen, way less than half of the people carry their PT through to semi-full restoration of function. Your commitment in that area will dictate your ultimate success...

I have heard that a lot today
Kurt - give em hell buddy! I hope your recovery is speedy and uneventful.

There‘s been a lot of great advice given. And I’m sure you will do fine.

But I just wanted to give you a little different perspective, too. Don’t beat yourself up at all if things are a bit tougher than expected. There‘s a tremendous amount of variability in recovery and healing responses.

I’m sure you will do great. But don’t get down at all if there are rough spots.

I know you’ve heard a lot of “it was the best thing I’ve ever done” and “I don’t know why I waited so long” type testimonials.

And for the majority that’s probably true!

All I’m saying is that, if it’s not quite as smooth/rosy as that…….thats ok, too.

My perspective on this is as a recently retired (after almost 45 years) health care provider (dentist) who had literally hundreds and hundreds of my patients who had undergone joint replacement surgeries over the decades I was in practice. It was an important issue on the health history because of the need for antibiotic premedication prior to invasive dental procedures for those patients, especially in the first year following joint replacement surgery. There’s a side story to that whole thing that I could write a (boring) book about……..

I heard the good and the not so good of it all. The good vastly outnumbered the not so good but almost everyone ended up with very successful outcomes in the long run.

Closer to home, my wife has had both her knees done in the last 3-4 years (she did mostly just great) and my brother in law had his done this past year, too.

Typically they give a long lasting local (marcaine, or similar) right at the end of the surgery and some good stuff pain med-wise. Ice/cold packs are your friend. Once the first few weeks are past, things get better and better.

But you may just hit the ground running and never look back at all!

Keep that positive Coug attitude and crush the recovery!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT