ADVERTISEMENT

Kyrin Priester is leaving WSU

YakiCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
Could be a big blow to the WR corps. Brand x has a story. Grades? The recent brawl?

At some point, losing all this depth (Leniu, Abramo, Bender, Priester, plus whatever happens as a result of the fight) is going to matter. I agree with 95coug that Priester never really seemed to live up to the hype last season -- coming into it, you would have thought he was going to be all-conference -- but he was physically mature and clearly capable of playing pretty well at the Pac-12 level. Being down Dom and Priester from last year's crew is pretty significant, notwithstanding that Isaiah Johnson will now be in the mix.

I don't like losing the depth, but he never lived up to the hype last season.

They moved him inside last spring, and he was beginning to show why he had 25 plus offers out of high school. This definitely opens doors for younger receivers, however. BTW, brand y says he's been suspended for the past month. No reason provided, though.

Last edited:
Could be a big blow to the WR corps. Brand x has a story. Grades? The recent brawl?

What I am reading and hearing is that it in no way is related to recent brawl.

The things I am hearing are "attitude problem" stretching back a ways.

Remember, this guy was also shown the door from Clemson for similar reasons. This kinda makes him a "two time loser" in that respect.

How much this is a "big blow" to the WR position is debatable. The guy had talent. But talent needs effort and discipline to flourish. The impact will also depend on the showing by other, very talented, younger players, of course.

I will agree that we have lost some depth since the season ended. And we could still lose more, pending the outcome of the "fight night" investigation. Only time will tell whether or not all this has major impact on the season?

How much this is a "big blow" to the WR position is debatable.
Leach seems to load up on receivers every year, some will rise to the top and play, others will be able backups, and the rest will ride pine or transfer. WR is my position of least concern.

I am not really suprised by this. He has the talent to be great but his attitude is holding him back. I always thought he gave up on plays at times. That fumble during the PSU game still irks me.

Attitude can be as important as talent. Unfortunately many talented kids have never been forced to learn that. Eventually it bites, and the later it happens, the bigger the teeth marks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT