ADVERTISEMENT

Leach

This is terrific news. Stability with the head guy isn't something WSU has had outside of Price. Now, about that defensive and strength staffing...

It really is too bad there is not more instability at other schools right now in the Pac 12 as it would help with recruiting.

Kind of thought either Chip or Summlin might get the boot but I guess they are safe for now. Everyone else seem very stable.

It really is too bad there is not more instability at other schools right now in the Pac 12 as it would help with recruiting.

Kind of thought either Chip or Summlin might get the boot but I guess they are safe for now. Everyone else seem very stable.
Ping were you a Tech fan at one time or UT/A&M ?

Tech's fanbase is pretty funny, they know football really well but have a severe underdog complex

Ping were you a Tech fan at one time or UT/A&M ?

Tech's fanbase is pretty funny, they know football really well but have a severe underdog complex

UT . Actually hate Tech.

Started following Leach when an old UT player friend of mine lived close to him in Key West and told me what an interesting guy he was and of course when he beat the best UT team that I will see in my lifetime in 2008.

Actually stuck around mainly because I've really liked the WSU players the last few years. Thought that I would jump off after Falk/ Marks and Cracraft graduated, but then along comes James Williams , Minshew and Borghi .

For all the static around Leach he tends to recruit and develop some real likable players that work and play hard. When you watch underachievers like at UT you really start to appreciate that.

UT . Actually hate Tech.

Started following Leach when an old UT player friend of mine lived close to him in Key West and told me what an interesting guy he was and of course when he beat the best UT team that I will see in my lifetime in 2008.

Actually stuck around mainly because I've really liked the WSU players the last few years. Thought that I would jump off after Falk/ Marks and Cracraft graduated, but then along comes James Williams , Minshew and Borghi .

For all the static around Leach he tends to recruit and develop some real likable players that work and play hard. When you watch underachievers like at UT you really start to appreciate that.
I like under dog teams and Leach is the funnest program to follow. I actually started following because I was following Techs basketball program, and got hooked on their football team , then saw Leach get railroaded by craig James and hance. Ive been pulling for him ever since. I attended one of his practices in Lubbock, he was a cranky little bastage, lol.

I never liked UT. They are goliath, and I always root for david.

What can I do with an extra mill a year? Seriously?
My man - you quoted my question and didn't read it. The question is not "what can YOU do with an extra mill?" The question is, what CAN'T a guy with 5 mil do that a guy with 6 mil CAN? Especially when you figure on Leach, a guy who walks to work, lives in a super low cost of living market and could live his dream life on 1/100th of what he makes in a year?

My man - you quoted my question and didn't read it. The question is not "what can YOU do with an extra mill?" The question is, what CAN'T a guy with 5 mil do that a guy with 6 mil CAN? Especially when you figure on Leach, a guy who walks to work, lives in a super low cost of living market and could live his dream life on 1/100th of what he makes in a year?

Spend a million dollars and still be a 5 million dollar man.

My man--- ToMAYto, ToMAto. It's called expanding your budget. Millionaires can do it, billionaires can do it.

Lets look at one flavor. A million bucks to various causes, even locally like Spokane, could make a significant difference to this community. Volunteers of America are in the process of building 2 shelters (1 for homeless children, 1 for homeless women). Transitions is ALWAYS in need. I'm always a fan of Salvation Army which isn't just a Christmas thing and it will stay local. Then lets talk about some military needs. The USO, The Semper Fi Fund, The Children of Fallen Patriots Foundation, I can go on and on. And all things I've never done before, thus expanding my budget. And if I want to get in on the ground floor, I can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to help ONE cause, each year.

Then lets look at another flavor. I want a new boat. Travel in the off season a little more. I've always wanted to get my flying license and I'll need a plane, those aren't too expensive are they? ... the maintenance on those are a bitch and spendy as hell, I know that. I want to start a second business, wonder how much investment that would be if I wanted to remain in complete control? Never done any of that or I couldn't. Expanding my budget, easily.

IF I mixed a few of one flavor with the other, I can breach 1 mill in a heartbeat. So my man- I can think of a bunch of ways a 5 mill person is on the outside, while the 6mill guy is free to do it.

After taxes and given a return rate of 6%, make an extra $39k/ yr to leave for his grandkids.

Ping.

You da man. And I couldn’t agree with you more. Coaches are finding great kids every year

My man--- ToMAYto, ToMAto. It's called expanding your budget. Millionaires can do it, billionaires can do it.

Lets look at one flavor. A million bucks to various causes, even locally like Spokane, could make a significant difference to this community. Volunteers of America are in the process of building 2 shelters (1 for homeless children, 1 for homeless women). Transitions is ALWAYS in need. I'm always a fan of Salvation Army which isn't just a Christmas thing and it will stay local. Then lets talk about some military needs. The USO, The Semper Fi Fund, The Children of Fallen Patriots Foundation, I can go on and on. And all things I've never done before, thus expanding my budget. And if I want to get in on the ground floor, I can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to help ONE cause, each year.

Then lets look at another flavor. I want a new boat. Travel in the off season a little more. I've always wanted to get my flying license and I'll need a plane, those aren't too expensive are they? ... the maintenance on those are a bitch and spendy as hell, I know that. I want to start a second business, wonder how much investment that would be if I wanted to remain in complete control? Never done any of that or I couldn't. Expanding my budget, easily.

IF I mixed a few of one flavor with the other, I can breach 1 mill in a heartbeat. So my man- I can think of a bunch of ways a 5 mill person is on the outside, while the 6mill guy is free to do it.
You (and others now) are pointing out that $1MM can buy you things. This is not the discussion. Literally everything that has been proposed so far is possible with $5MM.

You (and others now) are pointing out that $1MM can buy you things. This is not the discussion. Literally everything that has been proposed so far is possible with $5MM.
You don't know that.

You're making assumptions on someones budget and what they're spending/investing on other things. You're making an incredible amount of assumptions. I'm asking this to better understand your perspective... Do you think people earning 5mill a year don't have "wants" they can't reach financially? Is 5 mill a year some sort of financial ceiling?

Or are you saying the difference between 5 mill and 6 mill is relatively insignificant? "Save an extra 6 months and you can buy whatever you want on the interest!" kind of thing?

The people that earn $20,000 a year are wondering what the difference between $80,000 and $100,000 a year is...

UT . Actually hate Tech.

Wow, neither of you are Cougs? Had no idea. FWIW, you are both great additions to the board and the fanbase.

As for your point about the players, that's one thing I keep going back to with all the complaints about Leach, the AC losses, his flirtation with other programs.

Coaches come and go, but once Leach is gone, he will have left us with Gabe Marks, Luke Falk, River Cracraft, Riley Sorenson, Gardner Minshew, Peyton Pelleur, Jalen Thompson, Cody O'Connell, Cole Madison, Jamal Morrow, Andre Dillard, Max Borghi, etc etc.

Leach runs a good program, not a lot of concerning trouble off the field, his kids get good grades. He will have given us a really likeable group of players, similar to those brought in for Price's runs in '97 & '01-'03.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT