ADVERTISEMENT

Lewiston, Idaho: the Mecca of beauty and fun...

YakiCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
Wood_pulp_mill%2C_Lewiston%2C_Idaho%287634100102%29.jpg

i will say one thing. i rather be there than a place like NYC,Dallas, or Los Angeles.You can have polluted skies ,2 hour commutes to work, and rampant crime,

i will say one thing. i rather be there than a place like NYC,Dallas, or Los Angeles.You can have polluted skies ,2 hour commutes to work, and rampant crime,

Honestly, you'd rather live in a town that smells like a porta potty 24/7? Crime, look at the numbers, LA and Lewiston are comparable. And that includes the very roughest areas of LA, i.e. downtown, south central, and most areas aren't like that. By comparison, Spokane's crime rate is twice that of LA/Lewiston. Rampant crime, that is just silly.

For me, it was lounging, BBQing and throwing a football around on the golf course before the 1998 Rose Bowl. It was 78 and sunny, palm trees and the San Gabriels in the background, shorts and sandals. It was 16 degrees and windy in Pullman at the time. My wife and I said to each other, what if? That "what if" happened two years, 3 months later. Haven't looked back. Yes, you can have long commutes, but only if you are stupid. Yeah, home prices are high, three times that of Lewiston/Spokane, but it is call the law of supply and demand. Most people would rather live in LA than Lewiston/Spokane ect., so much so, they are willing to pay three times as much. Fun, sun and living in a vacation destination isn't cheap. Maybe we could get the pulp mill to move here, it would drive home prices down, guaranteed. Nah - leave the Tacoma aroma to places where people can delude themselves that it ain't that bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT