ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Falk: PLEASE go pro

I agree. I'm ready for Hillinski. Falk had one of the best lines in the Country and an awesome trio of backs and 8-5 is all he could manage? Eastern, BSU, and this s show were all on Falk and the offense.
Need a leader taking snaps and it's not Falk.

I agree. I'm ready for Hillinski. Falk had one of the best lines in the Country and an awesome trio of backs and 8-5 is all he could manage? Eastern, BSU, and this s show were all on Falk and the offense.
No offense--and I agree about Falk--but the cougar O-line is crap. Capital "C". Gophers rushed 3 about 75% of the time....our FIVE guys could not block them. And that is the very definition of pathetic.

As I stated here a month ago...I like Falk, but he is not the guy to win a big game. He's been very good for us, but I'm ready for a guy who makes decisions faster and is better at going down field.

Sadly, I've felt this way for a while now. Good QB, but he's slow. Reminds me of Derek Anderson.

Wait...what???

https://washingtonstate.forums.rivals.com/threads/so-falk-is-coming-back.11916/#post-136696

"If that's true, and it sure looks to be the case, that is a huge boost to our program. Big difference between 2 good seasons and 3, and we'll need him with a much more difficult conference schedule next year.

Looks like 2017 will be another fun season."
-CP

Sadly, I've felt this way for a while now. Good QB, but he's slow. Reminds me of Derek Anderson.

He's had his moments, but he's not a guy who can beat good defenses, let alone win the Pac-12. (EDIT: I hope I eat these words)

Last edited:
I'm not saying we're better without him. Falk in 2017 is better than Hilinski at this point. I've just not felt that Falk is a next level QB.

Just my opinion.

Falk will not leave and leach will never bench him. That is just the way leach does or does n t do things. Unfortunately Falk would have to be inured if leach is to substitute

EWU was on Falk? Dude, he was 41-51 for 418 & 4 TDs, and the team hung 42. What more did you want from the guy?

Reactions: earldacoug
You mean the Derek Anderson who now is in his 12th season in the NFL? Maybe there's a better comp.

Personally, I think Falk has regressed due to too many hits on the noggin'. I have no idea if Hilinski is a better option since he has had limited opportunity. Just mop up duty vs Idaho, Arizona, and Cal, no action in a meaningful situation. Whoever is next year's QB will need better WR play than we got the last three games.

Glad Cougar

Wow.......the angst is strong. Falk is in a funk and it wouldn't surprise me if there aren't some concussion issues out there. If he comes back, y'all will be singing his praises in October because he'll be fine next year. After 10 years of terrible football, I just can't get all that upset from a bad night. Don't worry, be happy! BTW, San Diego is freakin' awesome in late December. Too damned nice for it's own good.

Wow.......the angst is strong. Falk is in a funk and it wouldn't surprise me if there aren't some concussion issues out there. If he comes back, y'all will be singing his praises in October because he'll be fine next year. After 10 years of terrible football, I just can't get all that upset from a bad night. Don't worry, be happy! BTW, San Diego is freakin' awesome in late December. Too damned nice for it's own good.
Its one thing to lose.

Its another thing to lose three in a row.

Its quite another thing to get run out of the stadium 3 times in a row because your offense took the day(s) off.

You bet your ass there are some salty as fck fans out there, as there should be. We have expectations, and rightfully so, of better than what we saw at the end of the year, and the most infuriating thing (if I can speak for everyone else) is that it seems to be something that should be readily fixable. Whether that means Falk or no Falk time will tell, but the team can't just not show up.

We've all been on board that this team is getting better and has mediocre to good talent, especially on O, so laying an egg like that is unacceptable and they need to remedy it asap. We as a fan base agreed to sign a Faustian deal with Leach that we'd sacrifice respectable D for a "high powered" O, and he and the team have failed to deliver when it matters to most.

Our offense took the day off vs. Colorado? Maybe didn't execute, but they played well for a lot of that game.

Its one thing to lose.

Its another thing to lose three in a row.

Its quite another thing to get run out of the stadium 3 times in a row because your offense took the day(s) off.

You bet your ass there are some salty as fck fans out there, as there should be. We have expectations, and rightfully so, of better than what we saw at the end of the year, and the most infuriating thing (if I can speak for everyone else) is that it seems to be something that should be readily fixable. Whether that means Falk or no Falk time will tell, but the team can't just not show up.

We've all been on board that this team is getting better and has mediocre to good talent, especially on O, so laying an egg like that is unacceptable and they need to remedy it asap. We as a fan base agreed to sign a Faustian deal with Leach that we'd sacrifice respectable D for a "high powered" O, and he and the team have failed to deliver when it matters to most.

We weren't "run out of the building" against CU or Minnesota.

We weren't "run out of the building" against CU or Minnesota.

These points always get lost when we lose games in the midst of good seasons. How could this happen!! How could we lose to Minnesota? To UW? To Colorado? Well, all of those teams are pretty good....UW is very good.

We had the opportunity to beat Colorado and Minnesota...and Boise State and EWU for that matter. We played 13 games this season, and in all but one of those, we were equal to or better than our opponent. That's about as good as it's ever been here at WSU. I know that's not what some fans want to hear, but......

It disappeared in the second half.

Yea, but I wouldn't put the Colorado game in the same classification as Minnesota or UW. We showed up in Boulder, but couldn't finish the deal. Should have jumped on them like UW jumped on us.

Pretty risky wanting him to go pro considering where the program was before him. His great play is a big reason for the program turnaround.

Pretty risky wanting him to go pro considering where the program was before him. His great play is a big reason for the program turnaround.

Asking Falk to turn pro was, I hope, heat of the moment fan commentary following a loss. If Luke comes back, it will be a contract year for him. I expect he'll work hard in the offseason and have a great season. Why would anyone prefer the unknown over what Falk has given us the past 2 seasons?

Asking Falk to turn pro was, I hope, heat of the moment fan commentary following a loss. If Luke comes back, it will be a contract year for him. I expect he'll work hard in the offseason and have a great season. Why would anyone prefer the unknown over what Falk has given us the past 2 seasons?

Again, even going into this season, he appeared to have made no gains in size and strength, hence the physical weakness in the last several games. Whether he returns or goes pro, he's going to need to make those gains now, and Leach is going to have to find IMMEDIATE replacements for Cracraft and Marks. Getting Calvin, another top JC transfer, and Priester to produce definitely would help.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT